My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any regrets to how the Leonard thing went down? Seems like he set the Spurs back with his crazy antics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a novel thought. I don't think this has ever been considered or discussed on this forum before.

Really looking forward to some enlightening analysis on this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope #2 gets corona lol anyone who blames the spurs are crazy, kawhi screwed us. If he would have just shut his mouth and his uncles the spurs could have almost got any player they wanted for kawhi but because he didn’t care about the team and just wanted LA we were forced to accept a ty trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a novel thought. I don't think this has ever been considered or discussed on this forum before.

Really looking forward to some enlightening analysis on this one.

Same. And I've done quite a bit of deep analysis and data mining and my findings show that Leonard was a pretty good player. When I drill down deeper, it looks like the Spurs would have been better off to keep him than to trade.
    But I'm open to other interpretations.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we had a containment thread for this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't care about him at this moment of time. With the way things are looking he might be load managing until 2022.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who knew?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there’s very fine people on both sides

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there’s very fine people on both sides
    Are you saying....both sides played hard?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeezus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought we had a containment thread for this.
    it's spreading again, this is the 2nd wave

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any regrets to how the Leonard thing went down? Seems like he set the Spurs back with his crazy antics.
    You could get some information here:
    https://bleacherreport.com/kawhi-leonard

Maybe put your Beats on and watch some videos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if patfo knew he was going to la, why not deal with the clippers for their 14+15th picks...yet got a fkn turd in dd

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t ing say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. And I've done quite a bit of deep analysis and data mining and my findings show that Leonard was a pretty good player. When I drill down deeper, it looks like the Spurs would have been better off to keep him than to trade.
    But I'm open to other interpretations.
    I've been back and forth on it. The only reason to do it is out of spite which I'm totally cool with cause I hate that er.

But ostensibly, you probably have to make the trade when he hides from Pop and basically tells you to off. The entire thing about the Spurs is team chemistry and he singlehandedly was destroying that the first year where he only played 9 games. Imagine an entire 2nd year of it. Then he walks for nothing (which isn't much worse than we got save Poeltl and whatever KJ turns into). Plus the media was already taking his side with blaming the spurs for making him play...it's laughable just thinking about it.

In the end I would have been fine ing him over just to keep him from ringing though. that mother er.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been back and forth on it. The only reason to do it is out of spite which I'm totally cool with cause I hate that er.

But ostensibly, you probably have to make the trade when he hides from Pop and basically tells you to off. The entire thing about the Spurs is team chemistry and he singlehandedly was destroying that the first year where he only played 9 games. Imagine an entire 2nd year of it. Then he walks for nothing (which isn't much worse than we got save Poeltl and whatever KJ turns into). Plus the media was already taking his side with blaming the spurs for making him play...it's laughable just thinking about it.

In the end I would have been fine ing him over just to keep him from ringing though. that mother er.
    I have said a bunch of times the Spurs should have traded him to the Hornets. MJ was willing to give Kemba away for him even when it was clear he wanted to be in LA. MJ was one of the few owners who wasn't intimidated by him or Uncle Dennis. In a media war there is no way he would have been able to win against MJ. He would have been miserable being in Charlotte on a team that has no chance at winning it all.

He would have still gone to the Clippers in the end but there would still be question marks about his leadership and his ability to win a le being the number 1 guy. Pop was dumb enough to send him to a contender which allowed him to win and erase any doubts about him as a player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's spreading again, this is the 2nd wave

Could the breakup have gone better? Sure. But unless the owners moved the franchise to southern California he was always going to be gone. No reason to beat our heads against the wall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only regret is trading him for Derozan. Literally would have preferred almost all of the other trade offers being reported (Philly, Clippers, Lakers).

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only regret is trading him for Derozan. Literally would have preferred almost all of the other trade offers being reported (Philly, Clippers, Lakers).
    Yea, I would rather Kawhi had to play his last year under contract for the Spurs than that nonsense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he ed us by making his demands public, thus we lost all leverage power in trade talks...but we ed our selves over equally by how we dealt with the trade and what we got back in return. both parties at blame...but still kawhi ' we could have continued the dynasty into decade #3

Thread Information