Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how my stream randomly skips like 3 seconds into the future. I'll be done with the game in half an hour.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually Spurs are 12th in the 4th. They were showing it earlier. It’s the 1st and 3rd quarters that they’re bad. Our 2nd unit are actually 5th in best scoring.
    Wow, I guess it's a case where the eye test doesn't show it and that stat looks at the whole 12 minutes while their real flaws show in less than 3 minutes to play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poetl playing insane defense and then a nice and 1 by White

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better from White. He's been hesitating a lot but he's probably just working into game shape.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs dodge a bullet by not drafting Duombouya or Pistons player development just that bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, too, the way the league is played, it's simply much more common for lead changes at the last minutes, choke jobs, and blowouts, in general than ever before. Simply a product of too much emphasis on a shot as variable as the 3 pointer. , everyone was crying over the Spurs getting blown out yesterday - I'd ask which team hasn't been blown out to bits this season? I'd love a statistic on that, I don't think there's any team that hasn't lost by 30+ points once this season. Really makes for a ty product.
    I agree that the way the game is played now lends itself more to chokes and 30 point blowouts. Steph Curry ruined this sport, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, I guess it's a case where the eye test doesn't show it and that stat looks at the whole 12 minutes while their real flaws show in less than 3 minutes to play.
    Eh, I'd say the eye test backs that stat up pretty solidly. I know you have a vendetta against 4th quarter Spurs, and it's hilarious, but aren't the Spurs also something like 15-2 whenever they get a 10+ point lead at any point of a game? They're certainly far from the team with the most late meltdowns in the league, even though Spurstalk would have you believing the opposite...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man the Pistons are trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie what the ? Dunk that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie soft as baby my god lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is a pussy that's scared of dunking...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that the way the game is played now lends itself more to chokes and 30 point blowouts. Steph Curry ruined this sport, IMO.
    Yeah, for sure. I'd counter-argue though: it's not that Curry ruined the sport, he just opened up the floodgates by showing the world how unbalanced the rules were/are and how they can be exploited with enough volume-distance shooting. In retrospect, it's insane that the NBA went so many decades without a 3pt explosion, it was just bound to happen the way the sport is constructed (and reffed). The REAL reason the game was ruined, IMO, isn't Curry, but other players believing they can be Curry, when they have nowhere near the talent or accuracy. No one should be able to jack up the shots that they do, but sadly the stats back it up, and so it goes.

I'm really wondering how many years it will take for the league to step in with some rule changes. My bet is, under 3 years at this current pace. There's no way this 3pt explosion doesn't implode on the league soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened with Murray? He went to the locker room (with no obvious injury)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened with Murray? He went to the locker room (with no obvious injury)
    gotta take a piss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are we still bumping the poeltl thread tonight?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Poeltl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, I'm assuming you meant "Keldon (small ball PF)", right? That's wayyy too small of a ball otherwise but yeah, that seems to be it. TBCH though - I wouldn't rule out the possibility of any of those players, 2 to 4 (I think we can all agree Dejounte is a staple to start), being that 6th man off the bench, with a third-year-Luka manning the PF position. He offers actual size for the position, is a better 3pt shooter than Keldon (I haven't checked the stats, but I'm mainly looking at the form on their shots, and most importantly, willingness to shoot them), and his defensive switchability could be huge for this squad. Who to bench of White, Keldon, or Vassell, that's the tough question, they all bring so much to the table in different ways... But ideally, I don't consider a lineup where we play Keldon out of position "ideal".
    No I was legit talking about Murray at PF cause of the similarities on his game on offense to Demar (midrange threat, not a 3 point shooter, needing the ball etc. but I think your response makes a lot more sense lol. I would love if Luka could be a full time starter eventually. A rich man Lyles if you will.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idea wtf this team is gonna do if Jak has to miss time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see a loss coming now with Poeltl out

We can blame spurs1990

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What happened to Jak? Rolled ankle?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whole lotta people about to find out how important jakob poeltl is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl gon be out for 2 weeks with the way Pop treats rolled ankles. Of course he will act like he's saving his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles gonna be starting at the 5 now, FML

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully just getting re-taped...

Thread Information