San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most infections in the country today.

Thank you greg abbott

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From ksat

"The total number of COVID-19 cases in San Antonio and Bexar County continues to rise rapidly with 5,962 total cases reported Friday.

San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg reported 412 new cases with four new deaths. The death count is now at 96. Three of the four people who died were Hispanic women. One was in her 60s, another in her 80s and one in her 90s. A white woman in her 70s also died.

Hospitalizations also continue to rise with 322 patients being treated, up from 55 on Thursday. Of those hospitalized, 101 are in ICU and 50 are on ventilators. There are 25% of staffed hospital beds and 78% of ventilators still available."

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From ksat

"The total number of COVID-19 cases in San Antonio and Bexar County continues to rise rapidly with 5,962 total cases reported Friday.

San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg reported 412 new cases with four new deaths. The death count is now at 96. Three of the four people who died were Hispanic women. One was in her 60s, another in her 80s and one in her 90s. A white woman in her 70s also died.

Hospitalizations also continue to rise with 322 patients being treated, up from 55 on Thursday. Of those hospitalized, 101 are in ICU and 50 are on ventilators. There are 25% of staffed hospital beds and 78% of ventilators still available."
    We must have secured more ventilators from the federal stockpile since I heard we were around 40% usage a couple of days ago. man that 19% positivity rate the mayor reported 40 minutes ago is terrifying for the city. It ain't good when they're talking about building field hospitals either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We must have secured more ventilators from the federal stockpile since I heard we were around 40% usage a couple of days ago. man that 19% positivity rate the mayor reported 40 minutes ago is terrifying for the city. It ain't good when they're talking about building field hospitals either.

not surprising at all,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not surprising at all,tbh
    I'm surprised honestly. I was expecting summer heat to slow it down somewhat. Not to kill it off by any means, but certainly I was expecting it to slow growth a little bit, priming us for a horrendous fall/winter second wave. Damn I just hope as we're getting hammered by this we at least get an antibody resistance for a couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm surprised honestly. I was expecting summer heat to slow it down somewhat. Not to kill it off by any means, but certainly I was expecting it to slow growth a little bit, priming us for a horrendous fall/winter second wave. Damn I just hope as we're getting hammered by this we at least get an antibody resistance for a couple of years.

You know better base. Everyone going out with no masks and acting like everything is normal. This is what happens ,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our bodies are better suited to fight it off in the summer, but it doesn't really matter as all these cases will keep this fire smoldering until the big one hits in the fall/winter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know better base. Everyone going out with no masks and acting like everything is normal. This is what happens ,tbh
    Most of the early outbreaks were clustered around cold weather cities though, other than New Orleans, whose explosive growth could be attributed to jam packed bars for Mardi Gras. I was kind of expecting a lull in the summer where everyone would be comfortable only for a NYC style November/December reality check here. But looks like we're getting that reality check right now. We really don't know a lot about this virus right now so it wasn't obvious IMO. The only thing that was obvious was the US would get raped by it in March when we were seeing it tear through Northern Italy, France, and Spain early on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you greg abbott
    Almost every expert in the field begging him to slow the reopening. ing ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our bodies are better suited to fight it off in the summer, but it doesn't really matter as all these cases will keep this fire smoldering until the big one hits in the fall/winter.
    I suspect we're just going to build up to the big one as the next two plus months drag on. You get exponential growth going and it's probably not stopping until a fairly significant percentage of the population is recovered, where recovered means either (1) having gotten better without the virus present any more or (2) dead in these models. You still get pretty high growth but not exponential after that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never did see any evidence of warm weather slowing this down. In fact I think I recall seeing some warm weather countries getting hit with it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never did see any evidence of warm weather slowing this down. In fact I think I recall seeing some warm weather countries getting hit with it
    Ecuador looked bad but they never had the testing capacity to really trust their numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I suspect we're just going to build up to the big one as the next two plus months drag on. You get exponential growth going and it's probably not stopping until a fairly significant percentage of the population is recovered, where recovered means either (1) having gotten better without the virus present any more or (2) dead in these models. You still get pretty high growth but not exponential after that.
    What is "the big one"? Seasonal flu?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you have a huge wave that just overwhelms the healthcare system and you end up elevating the mortality rate because of lack of care. Like when Italy had something like a 12% mortality rate when people 60 and up were being denied ventilators due to shortages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next wave which I suspect will kick into gear as we're coming off of 4th of July, and when temps drop where it peaks in the fall and winter as flu season hits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you have a huge wave that just overwhelms the healthcare system and you end up elevating the mortality rate because of lack of care. Like when Italy had something like a 12% mortality rate when people 60 and up were being denied ventilators due to shortages.
    Ah. The one that at this current pace, Texas is heading for.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost every expert in the field begging him to slow the reopening. ing ass.
    What about the STRIKE FORCE?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup,we knew the pain was coming. We just speed up the process

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It can only get worse as all the holidays start approaching. We're about to probably see the protest e in the next couple of days too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next wave which I suspect will kick into gear as we're coming off of 4th of July, and when temps drop where it peaks in the fall and winter as flu season hits.
    We might actually be better off by then because it sure looks like a large percentage of our population is going to get it in the next couple of months with how things are exploding. You don't really get exponential growth once you're around 20% plus infected and the higher the infected rate grows the harder it is for new infections. Though Osterholm seems to think we need to get to 60% infection rate at least to get to negative exponential decay in the number of current infections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might have been just hoping that wave would wait for November once the temperatures really drop here in the hope the Oxford vaccine would be successful and would start getting administered to doctors, nurses, EMT, etc in September and to high risk elderly before the end of the year. But probably better to expect the Oxford vaccine to be a failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks Bill Miller!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks Bill Miller!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We might actually be better off by then because it sure looks like a large percentage of our population is going to get it in the next couple of months with how things are exploding. You don't really get exponential growth once you're around 20% plus infected and the higher the infected rate grows the harder it is for new infections. Though Osterholm seems to think we need to get to 60% infection rate at least to get to negative exponential decay in the number of current infections.
    I don't know. We had exponential growth in NYC and they were at what 20% at best? It'll still be a long slog to that 60%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know. We had exponential growth in NYC and they were at what 20%?
    Well yeah you blow up like to get to that 20%. And you'll still blow up a lot after that, just not in an exponential curve.

Thread Information