Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's pretty clear he downplayed the virus and its potential effects for over a month-- the quotes are in this very thread and I can retrieve them for you if needed. I'm glad he finally changed his rhetoric yesterday, though he proved a horrible example for people who need to practice social distancing and common sense methods to slow the spread of the virus.
    China travel ban is not downplaying. Even doing this while ther left and it's media wants to call him axenaphobe for it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like you seriously can't make up how genuinely mentally challenged his words read. To the point that I'd love a source if you have one... Just for the kicks of a direct look at such a deranged man. I hope the US can do a good job of preventing the spread of CO19 in spite of its administration, because the death toll could be huge if not. Scary times we're living in.
    You are trying real hard with this. I guess he should have waited for thousands to die before acting like Obama.

Good call

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like you seriously can't make up how genuinely mentally challenged his words read. To the point that I'd love a source if you have one... Just for the kicks of a direct look at such a deranged man. I hope the US can do a good job of preventing the spread of CO19 in spite of its administration, because the death toll could be huge if not. Scary times we're living in.
    Only scary of you don't take care of yourself. Let's try not to make this into the black plague. Wash your hands and be apart of the solution to this incredibly scary time

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow ok. Analogy is all it is.
    And it's not a good analogy at all.

If we're talking basketball, the teams are viruses and humans. The only real difference is they're playing in a bigger arena so the results are going to be largely the same.

It also breaks down trying to compare 52 to thousands. But if course you don't see that
    That's where you seem to be missing the point. BB was showing the US is basically where Italy was about a week ago. Acting like the US number is going to stay 52 is simply unrealistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China travel ban is not downplaying. Even doing this while ther left and it's media wants to call him axenaphobe for it
    The quotes are right there for you to see.

He downplayed it for over a month, very notably after the China travel ban.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If we're talking basketball, the teams are viruses and humans. The only real difference is they're playing in a bigger arena so the results are going to be largely the same.

That's where you seem to be missing the point. BB was showing the US is basically where Italy was about a week ago. Acting like the US number is going to stay 52 is simply unrealistic.
    As good as you want it to be. If you don't want it top fit then it's horrible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good as you want it to be.
    Do you see where yours breaks down?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And acting like it's going the way of Italy is unrealistic. Works both ways when assuming. But the actual right now isn't what you guys want it to be

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And acting like it's going the way of Italy is unrealistic.
    Why not?

I'd love to see a logical explanation why it wouldn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The quotes are right there for you to see.

He downplayed it for over a month, very notably after the China travel ban.
    And was acting quickly and swiftly. Taking quotes out of context...
    What's the old saying... actions speak louder than words.... just not when an agenda is in play

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not?

I'd love to see a logical explanation why it wouldn't.
    You can assume either way. You assuming (hoping) that we go the way of Italy is wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And was acting quickly and swiftly. Taking quotes out of context...
    What do you think is the context of those quotes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can assume either way. You assuming (hoping) that we go the way of Italy is wrong
    Why?

Explain why you assume it won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't management move this to the Club Political threads where it belongs now, these Bolded Donk Spergs have invaded because no more NBA. For now.
    Eh, it's just a couple of threads you don't have to read at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the old saying... actions speak louder than words....
    Look at these actions:

Are these men setting a good example for American citizens?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...me/#item-start
    These charts will show you the run away costs of ACA and how they were outpacing the economy. I get the idea of ACA and the fact that people with previous conditions were not getting covered, but now the whole thing has become a run away freight train. Obama did not fix it. Trump is not fixing it. No politician talks about the reality that it is the way we practice medicine that is fueling this train. As previously mentioned there are way too many people making money off this gravy train without ever having anything to do with the actual patient.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still sitting at 50 deaths while Italy is having their own Black Plague

cant even fly here anymore
    You probably thought that Iraq had WMDs? How cute.

got to love you thinking that a travel ban for 30 days to the US is a punishment. That is pretty hilarious. Trust me buddy, people right now don’t care about visiting the US, they have bigger fish to fry.
    Last edited by Frenchfred; 03-14-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...me/#item-start
    These charts will show you the run away costs of ACA and how they were outpacing the economy. I get the idea of ACA and the fact that people with previous conditions were not getting covered, but now the whole thing has become a run away freight train. Obama did not fix it. Trump is not fixing it. No politician talks about the reality that it is the way we practice medicine that is fueling this train. As previously mentioned there are way too many people making money off this gravy train without ever having anything to do with the actual patient.
    You said Obamacare brought us from spending 11% of our gdp on heatlhcare to 17%. Your link says it went from 17.2% in 2009 when the ACA was passed to 17.3% in 2014 when it was implemented to 17.7% in 2018. It was 11% in 1988. I didn't bother reading any of the rest of the post when you started with something so clearly wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You probably thought that Iraq had WMDs? How cute
    still swang nuts on the rest of the world and we’re gonna keep doing that. Enjoy your social distancing, high taxes, and tent ICU stay when some plague ridden European coughs on you

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    still swang nuts on the rest of the world and we’re gonna keep doing that. Enjoy your social distancing, high taxes, and tent ICU stay when some plague ridden European coughs on you
    I’m enjoying what my country has to offer. Unlike you I know that my country is not better at everything. But it is better than yours at food and wine, culture and history, which is what I’m going to enjoy the next couple of days. I hope that other major leagues won’t stop their season otherwise you’ll lose circenses. At least you’ll still have panem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m enjoying what my country has to offer. Unlike you I know that my country is not better at everything. But it is better than yours at food and wine, culture and history, which is what I’m going to enjoy the next couple of days. I hope that other major leagues won’t stop their season otherwise you’ll lose circenses. At least you’ll still have panem.
    ^euro cope. get a mask bro and by bro I mean never my bro

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Being scared is why we are in this predicament. If everyone would just use common sense aka hygiene aka stay at home when sick, this wouldn't be an issue. Also if people took care of their bodies and didn't get preexisting conditions then the .mortality rate of this and all other such viral infections would be less than 1 percent like it is now if you dont have preexisting conditions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Tests Negative for Coronavirus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Being scared is why we are in this predicament. If everyone would just use common sense aka hygiene aka stay at home when sick, this wouldn't be an issue. Also if people took care of their bodies and didn't get preexisting conditions then the .mortality rate of this and all other such viral infections would be less than 1 percent like it is now if you dont have preexisting conditions.
    The "1%" mortality rate in the US is not nearly the same as other countries where spread of the virus has progressed further. It's very disingenuous (and totally in character) for you to quote that as if it's the absolute rate for the disease. Also, CO19 is far too contagious for hand-washing and "staying at home" (where many people live with their families, or still have to go out to get groceries etc) to be such effective deterrents that they'd render Corona a non-issue.

But you're dying on this hill either way, so we'll let time itself prove you right or wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only scary of you don't take care of yourself. Let's try not to make this into the black plague. Wash your hands and be apart of the solution to this incredibly scary time
    It's incredibly naive to think only washing your hands is anywhere near a "solution" to the pandemic. You don't think people in Italy already tried that? What will the difference maker be for the US where they failed?

Thread Information