My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Petty but clever … “a Florida man”

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservative media has their marching orders. The next year will be spent reversing course on Trump after 6 years of fawning support to now paint him as a narcissistic loser so the base will rally behind DeSantis. They're hoping enough MAGA s will grow embarrassed over their support of Trump and fall in line with the rest of the party, and they want their viewers/readers to forget how they enabled this clown that they've now turned on.

I hope he takes them all down with him.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    I think a lot of hardcore Maga loyalists would rather refuse to vote than to fall in line and vote for a different republican candidate. Either way, whether it divides their votes or it eliminates voters, it's losing votes for the general election. It's lose-lose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservative media has their marching orders. The next year will be spent reversing course on Trump after 6 years of fawning support to now paint him as a narcissistic loser so the base will rally behind DeSantis. They're hoping enough MAGA s will grow embarrassed over their support of Trump and fall in line with the rest of the party, and they want their viewers/readers to forget how they enabled this clown that they've now turned on.

Trump will just turn his minions against all media even conservative media. Trump will burn the entire GOP party down to become President again. The conservative media who defended him, and all the GOP lawmakers who continually supported him have created a monster that’s not going to just go away like they hope. Like it or not he has millions of loyal supporters who aren’t going to leave his side no matter who the GOP goes with

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

It's gonna be weird because they're gonna reverse course against Trump and then at some point they'll realize Trump can't be taken down so they'll reverse back to being pro-Trump.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Not all republicans will circle back. Even when they realize no other candidate will take down Trump enough to win a significant amount of his loyalists. But even if some do turn right back around, there are going to be more moderate and mainstream republicans that simply won't do it this time. More than just a handful of Cheneys and Kizingers.

That's the problem with their situation. No matter how things play out, it fractures the party significantly. No matter what the pumpkin does, it destroys their chances in 2024.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It'll be interesting what happens if he wins the primary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting what happens if he wins the primary
    Still don't think it will get to that point. Trump is holding a hostage negotiation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not as bad as the 2016 meltdown

Even FBI CIA melted down for 4 years

destroying the illustrious career of Mueller
    You're supposed to call them the Deep State. You're not even a good bootlicker

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don't think it will get to that point. Trump is holding a hostage negotiation.
    what do you think he wants for ransom though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I had to put money on it, yeah it doesn't get that far either.

But I also wouldn't rule out anything in that crazy party at this point

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all republicans will circle back. Even when they realize no other candidate will take down Trump enough to win a significant amount of his loyalists. But even if some do turn right back around, there are going to be more moderate and mainstream republicans that simply won't do it this time. More than just a handful of Cheneys and Kizingers.

That's the problem with their situation. No matter how things play out, it fractures the party significantly. No matter what the pumpkin does, it destroys their chances in 2024.
    Not necessarily. If he drops out by around Iowa / New Hampshire or before, we will still have a chance to beat you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A public promise of a pardon if elected?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A public promise of a pardon if elected?
    i dont see it (him making that ask and being happy to take that and go away)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    destroying the illustrious career of Mueller
    you think this happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dump Trump!!!! Ugh. His message is so stale these days. He barely has any policy or rhetoric left, it's just name calling and self touting.

I haven't voted in any election since 2016 when I went for Gary Johnson. I didn't have a voter registration in 2020 so didn't vote. I might register just to vote for Biden in 2024 and still (R) down ticket if it's Trump vs. Biden again. Trump winning the White House in 2024 would just be stupid.
    So, basically, you'll vote for Trump to be in the WH again... no surprises there...

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Not necessarily. If he drops out by around Iowa / New Hampshire or before, we will still have a chance to beat you
    These midterms proved that if it isn't him specifically, his sheep don't care. They won't vote for another candidate even if he bows out gracefully (lmao) and endorses the rival candidate. They still lose most of the MAGA vote.

Also... who is "you?"

I'm a left leaning independent. I'm not a registered dem. These very midterms, I voted for both dem and repub candidates at the state level. I've voted for republicans in the past. Not everyone on these boards is extreme one side or the other.

I do make fun more of republicans because, well , there have been way more laughable and ridiculous things to laugh at and criticize about them, particularly related to the orange man and his maga s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blocked people inside who wanted to escape from his Trumpler *announcement* ceremony.

Donald Trump mocked over video showing his 'captive' audience blocked from exiting 2024 speech (msn.com)

Also: Video inside of article showing plane flying over Mar-a-large-o during his announcement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say blanket pardon is the easy answer, if it even has to be something specific.

Could also just be Trump knowing that he has leverage here for any number of under-the-table deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say blanket pardon is the easy answer, if it even has to be something specific.

Could also just be Trump knowing that he has leverage here for any number of under-the-table deals.
    trump would never publicly ackowledge that he's afraid of facing legal consequences, let alone groveling for a pardon in a deal to go away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol this guy is in it for the gritfing and the adulation (probably in that order). there's no reason why he would negotiate or consider stepping down from his nomination.

Heck, there are very good odds he'll claim elections he doesn't win in the primary were rigged as well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These midterms proved that if it isn't him specifically, his sheep don't care. They won't vote for another candidate even if he bows out gracefully (lmao) and endorses the rival candidate. They still lose most of the MAGA vote.

Also... who is "you?"

I'm a left leaning independent. I'm not a registered dem. These very midterms, I voted for both dem and repub candidates at the state level. I've voted for republicans in the past. Not everyone on these boards is extreme one side or the other.

I do make fun more of republicans because, well , there have been way more laughable and ridiculous things to laugh at and criticize about them, particularly related to the orange man and his maga s.
    Fits me to a T tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump would never publicly ackowledge that he's afraid of facing legal consequences, let alone groveling for a pardon in a deal to go away
    Who said anything about it being public?

Thread Information