My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Steve Smith's fault

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Scottie Pippen forever sealed his status as an ultimate Beta but not an Alpha.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was there, about 10 rows up behind the basket.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nice try. Scottie was a 34 year old Point-Forward logging 82 regular season games.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Woah! Staples was rocking that day!! But who knew the First Lady of SpursTalk was a Laker fan?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nah, Scottie is my man. He knew the Laker playbook better than Phil. He was damn near twice Kobe's age. That L wasn't on him. It was on his talented knucklehead teammates who choked.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Steve Smith's fault
    Sheed, Bonzi, B Grant, Sabonis - they had championship talent - but they chokedPERIOD. Not just Steve

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Nice try. Scottie was a 34 year old Point-Forward logging 82 regular season games.
    So what? He was still a star and didn't show up at all in the fourth. If he even so much as scores 7 points in the fourth before garbage time, they win or at least go OT.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Remember this shiiiiiiiiiiiiit tlongII?

Two Deep >> Too Deep
    It was a traveshamockery. Biggest screw job by the league in history.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , I didn't know that was Bob Odenkirk doing those commercials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy , I didn't know that was Bob Odenkirk doing those commercials.

woah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the game where the lakers outshot the blazers 37-16 in fta?

lakerrefs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woah! Staples was rocking that day!! But who knew the First Lady of SpursTalk was a Laker fan?
    I think that I had lower level seats to every Lakers home playoff game that year. (I lived in Los Angeles for 17 years.)

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dammit Hector, don't you know anything about ST history?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was there too a bit higher but best environment I have ever watched a game in college or pros. Better than the Magic retirement ceremony or watching Kobe break West's record in Memphis.
    went from funeral silence to pandemonium in less than 6 mins of game time. BLAZERS had us dead to rights.
    Kori did u see the rioting/looting leaving Staples?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember this shiiiiiiiiiiiiit tlongII?

Two Deep >> Too Deep
    Laker fans still believing that Kobe was a great defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was there too a bit higher but best environment I have ever watched a game in college or pros. Better than the Magic retirement ceremony or watching Kobe break West's record in Memphis.
    went from funeral silence to pandemonium in less than 6 mins of game time. BLAZERS had us dead to rights.
    Kori did u see the rioting/looting leaving Staples?
    It was absolute mayhem in every way possible. I have been to plenty of loud/raucous sporting events in my life, but it was truly nuts. I was actually at the game alone because I could only get one good ticket. I was friends with a ticket broker and he would sell me tickets at face value (or less), if I would wait until an hour before game time and take whatever he had left. I would usually get two or four and go with friends, but for that game he wasn't able to sell that single ticket, so I bought it.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    13 straight missed Blazer fg's. B Shaw some HUGE 3's. The Lakers would have blown a 3-1 lead and Kobe-Shaq would have imploded that year. Portland would have won 2-3 les. Sabonis was a beast.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dammit Hector, don't you know anything about ST history?

My bad. I didn't know

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think that I had lower level seats to every Lakers home playoff game that year. (I lived in Los Angeles for 17 years.)
    That's dope. Man I wish I was at that game! Not gonna lie, I was nervous as .

Crazy because when B-Shaw banked in that 3 I knew we would pull that game out. Why? Blazers were talented frontrunners. With sucess, they're badasses. With adversity, they crumble.

If I recall correctly, in the regular season we had a showdown with both teams something like 47-11. Phil said whoever won that game would win the Pacific. Lakers won that game and the Blazers semi-imploded the rest of the way.

After B-Shaw banked that 3, you could see it in their eyes. Staples crowd woke up and the Blazers had that "awe , not again!!" look in their eyes. It was glorious!

That game had me more nervous than 2010 when the Lakers came back to beat them Celtic bas s in game 7.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    13 straight missed Blazer fg's. B Shaw some HUGE 3's. The Lakers would have blown a 3-1 lead and Kobe-Shaq would have imploded that year. Portland would have won 2-3 les. Sabonis was a beast.
    Agreed. Shaq and Kobe already didn't get along. If they had lost heads would have rolled and Shaq or Kobe would have been traded. Phil wanted a package of Kidd and the Matrix for Kobe as I recall. I think Dr. Buss wouldn't let it happen if it came to it though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It was absolute mayhem in every way possible. I have been to plenty of loud/raucous sporting events in my life, but it was truly nuts. I was actually at the game alone because I could only get one good ticket. I was friends with a ticket broker and he would sell me tickets at face value (or less), if I would wait until an hour before game time and take whatever he had left. I would usually get two or four and go with friends, but for that game he wasn't able to sell that single ticket, so I bought it.
    no doubt! I went with friends stood in line for hours for the leftover will-call tix they release on game day. I was also solo. I went with friends but we couldnt get seats (4)all together. My other two friends were a couple and relative of theirs so I took the single seat which was better anyways.
    When Kobe shook pippen and shaq slammed the lob pass ... a ramdom white guy in his 40's (I was in my very early 20's) hugged me liek we were best friends. Sports are great that way.

Im sure the first Spurs le was similar. I was so young during the Showtome era went to plenty of regular season games but playoff tix were so expensive I never attened a Magic playoff game ... didnt start until the Van Exel Eddie jones era ...but my mom who turned me on to the Lakers she attended Finals games including when Sixers swept us in 1983.

but none of that compared to that game 7. Kori you ever attend games at teh Forum oir was that before your "time" in SOCal?

Side note: Just started dating a girl (now my wife) and it was so early I didn't take her, cuz wasn't sure I wanted to be spending Laker tix money on her, LOL. But a few years later I bought her a car. I remember calling her the next day I Was so hoarse I could barely speak ...told her I told you I was a huge Laker fan.

Thread Information