Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My "happy fun" chart is what you link to for criteria. Either way, Liberal policy is tanking blue states into fiscal irresponsibility because they are failing miserably. Way to potatoe on this, fella.
    Your chart merely addresses public finances, and it is always easier for smaller states to score better on such measures, as the authors themselves acknowledge. They tend to have shrinking populations, and lower pension liabilities.

As I stated a bit back, it is far too simplistic and limited to draw much of a conclusion on anything, especially not what you are trying to shoehorn into here. Easy enough to walk you through why that is, if you can drop your "gotta be smarter then RG" stick for a little bit.

What "liberal policy" is the most important in your opinion for determining the rank of any given blue state. Go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8 of the top 9 states (only #2 ND) did NOT do Obamacare Medicaid expansion. They will probably hold on to their top spots in the future as the Medicaid expansion states are going to feel increasingly more financial pain as their portion of Medicaid increases.
    While material, the expansion will not be as important as unfunded liabilities such as pensions, for a simple accounting reason: the pension liabilities don't show up on the books.

Medicaid has to be paid for as you go, and will be front and center of any budget debate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your chart merely addresses public finances, and it is always easier for smaller states to score better on such measures, as the authors themselves acknowledge. They tend to have shrinking populations, and lower pension liabilities.

As I stated a bit back, it is far too simplistic and limited to draw much of a conclusion on anything, especially not what you are trying to shoehorn into here. Easy enough to walk you through why that is, if you can drop your "gotta be smarter then RG" stick for a little bit.

What "liberal policy" is the most important in your opinion for determining the rank of any given blue state. Go.

LOL, ego strokes. No one is intimidated by your intelligence. Intelligent people don't downward spiral into Boutons Deuce and spend months chicken little-ing over everything the opposition does.

The chart shows a very huge gap between fiscal responsibility that heavily favors red states. That's it, that's all. It's ok fella, the sky isn't falling and, at worst, you should only have to live through this for 3 more years and never again...according to your data.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

https://www.mercatus.org/board

I was absolutely SHOCKED to see who is on the board of directors.
    HINT: scroll down to the K’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one at least is sourced, tbh...

https://www.multistate.us/blog/twent...tfalls-in-2018

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://www.mercatus.org/board

I was absolutely SHOCKED to see who is on the board of directors.
    HINT: scroll down to the K’s
    And you guys always talk about Soros and Hillary being Boogeymen to the right...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rich bad now... why does Tucker hates America?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And you guys always talk about Soros and Hillary being Boogeymen to the right...
    because believing Soros pays for crisis actors and executes false flag operations is the exact same thing as seeing Koch’s name on a conservatively skewed financial report. You’re a ing re .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, he's 100% right in that tweet. This place is leaking like generic diapers in a cheap retirement home.

The class gap is massive and the super elite are super elite because they don't employ many people here. The state has lost a minimum of 250k jobs in just a few years because businesses are abandoning this place to do business in states with reasonable wages. We've already shifted 85% of our labor from our Salida office to our Boise office and our margins are up 15% just by that move.

Blue team cheerleaders like RG who aren't here in the thick of things will cite "data" to the standing of this place, but I'm in the thick of it. Attending the CoC and NFIB meetings every month would make anyone who owns a small business sick and depressed. It's becoming almost impossible to run a profitable small business here if you want to employ actual California residents and provide jobs to the community.

And there's a whole lot of people who are desperate to leave this place but when you're a slave to the economic doom the state has placed on you, it's not as simple as "just leave".

California rich people who don't employ people bad, the struggling smb owners trying to employ are getting smart and moving to places where the state will let them employ people without killing their opportunities to actually turn profits for all the risk they take opening a biz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, he's 100% right in that tweet. This place is leaking like generic diapers in a cheap retirement home.

The class gap is massive and the super elite are super elite because they don't employ many people here. The state has lost a minimum of 250k jobs in just a few years because businesses are abandoning this place to do business in states with reasonable wages. We've already shifted 85% of our labor from our Salida office to our Boise office and our margins are up 15% just by that move.

Blue team cheerleaders like RG who aren't here in the thick of things will cite "data" to the standing of this place, but I'm in the thick of it. Attending the CoC and NFIB meetings every month would make anyone who owns a small business sick and depressed. It's becoming almost impossible to run a profitable small business here if you want to employ actual California residents and provide jobs to the community.

And there's a whole lot of people who are desperate to leave this place but when you're a slave to the economic doom the state has placed on you, it's not as simple as "just leave".

California rich people who don't employ people bad, the struggling smb owners trying to employ are getting smart and moving to places where the state will let them employ people without killing their opportunities to actually turn profits for all the risk they take opening a biz.
    there's a lot of truth here. it's pretty tough to do well in Cali (at least in the big cities) unless you have some professional license in a field that pays well. having a 4 year degree is next to useless if its not in engineering or computer science. i will say, though, CA does have a great public university system which gives people all over the state access to that eventual earning ability (after falling into student loan debt). and the income disparity is huge, and attempting to fix that simply by hiking minimum wages is hurting business owners

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's a lot of truth here. it's pretty tough to do well in Cali (at least in the big cities) unless you have some professional license in a field that pays well. having a 4 year degree is next to useless if its not in engineering or computer science. i will say, though, CA does have a great public university system which gives people all over the state access to that eventual earning ability (after falling into student loan debt). and the income disparity is huge, and attempting to fix that simply by hiking minimum wages is hurting business owners
    The rhetoric from Sacramento of "we don't know how this will work because it's never been done before" when it was first rolled out was very frightening as that statement shows a lack of real planning and forecasting for something so drastic and it isn't panning out well.

Also worrisome is the real estate market not only gained back all it's losses so quickly but is how much the bubble has grown in just 4 years. Rents are soaring here in the poorest parts of California and with the shrinking jobs market, there's going to be a bad real estate flop coming soon while renters and 1st time buyers are being priced out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He debates a lot of people/politicians from California on his show. To imply he hates America is absurd when it is quite the opposite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The rhetoric from Sacramento of "we don't know how this will work because it's never been done before" when it was first rolled out was very frightening as that statement shows a lack of real planning and forecasting for something so drastic and it isn't panning out well.

Also worrisome is the real estate market not only gained back all it's losses so quickly but is how much the bubble has grown in just 4 years. Rents are soaring here in the poorest parts of California and with the shrinking jobs market, there's going to be a bad real estate flop coming soon while renters and 1st time buyers are being priced out.
    i'm not opposed to min wage increases, and they should be permanently indexed to inflation imo, but having a national, or even state-wide minimum wage hike is kinda silly. should be on a more regional basis. a minimum wage of $10.50 might make sense in LA, but you'd be driving people out of business in mendocino county

and rent is ing absurd in los angeles. i can only imagine its worse in the bay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm not opposed to min wage increases, and they should be permanently indexed to inflation imo, but having a national, or even state-wide minimum wage hike is kinda silly. should be on a more regional basis. a minimum wage of $10.50 might make sense in LA, but you'd be driving people out of business in mendocino county

and rent is ing absurd in los angeles. i can only imagine its worse in the bay.

Even in the complete s here in the Central Valley, areas infested with meth addicts and gangsters, ty 1-2 bedroom apartments/slums are up to $1000+. A major trend is people renting rooms out and rooms go anywhere from $500-$800 depending on all the usual variables. People in the Bay are renting their garages, unfinished in a lot of cases, for almost a grand.

It's crazy and if I were still in the minimum wage pool, I'd be scared less. I'm comfortable but still stressed about this place and have eliminated any possibility of hanging my hat here for the rest of my life and looking forward to moving to Idaho sooner than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even in the complete s here in the Central Valley, areas infested with meth addicts and gangsters, ty 1-2 bedroom apartments/slums are up to $1000+. A major trend is people renting rooms out and rooms go anywhere from $500-$800 depending on all the usual variables. People in the Bay are renting their garages, unfinished in a lot of cases, for almost a grand.

It's crazy and if I were still in the minimum wage pool, I'd be scared less. I'm comfortable but still stressed about this place and have eliminated any possibility of hanging my hat here for the rest of my life and looking forward to moving to Idaho sooner than later.
    funny you mention that. my in laws are renting out 4 rooms of their house to CSUN students for 650 a pop. all they get is 1 bedroom each and they all share 1 bathroom

they're planning on getting permits to redo their garage into a residence, too, once they are able to refi

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    funny you mention that. my in laws are renting out 4 rooms of their house to CSUN students for 650 a pop. all they get is 1 bedroom each and they all share 1 bathroom

they're planning on getting permits to redo their garage into a residence, too, once they are able to refi
    They should install cameras by the toilet too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should install cameras by the toilet too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He debates a lot of people/politicians from California on his show. To imply he hates America is absurd when it is quite the opposite.
    class warfare!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what happens to the senators - they get 6 of them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Near record-setting heat from our changing climate has resulted in dangerous levels of ozone in many cities across the country, making ozone an urgent health threat for millions of Americans,” Lung Association President and CEO Harold P. Wimmer said.

Smog forms on warm, sunny days and is made worse from chemicals that exit vehicle tailpipes and from power plant and industrial smokestacks. Warmer temperatures make ozone more likely to form.

"This adds to the evidence that a changing climate makes it harder to reduce ozone pollution and protect human health," Alexander said

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Climate change?

Thread Information