Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drama w/ Spurs all started when Aldridge Show up in SA

Dont get me wrong i was all for LaMarsha coming to SA prior to him landing here, But 4-5 seasons into his SPURS journey i see that all the drama started once he got here.

-- No shows in big games every year
    -- Playoffs No shows
    -- Drama in LockerRoom
    -- Players calling out others
    -- Players wanting to Leave -- i beg the question, Had LA not been with the SPURS you think Koleslaw aka.#2 would have wanted to leave
    ** And worst of all, piss poor defense

** None of these ever occurred in SPURS history prior to his arrival, You can say well they had the BIG 3 which is true, but i point out to you this..

Duncan's last 2 seasons in the NBA, Is LA better than Duncan's last 2 seasons in the NBA?, If yes than why are the SPURS so bad since he's been here.

I see alot of us want to complain about DMARE, rightfully so, with his lack of 3'pt shooting & No Defense, which rivals only Harden, but at least he shows up in BIG games and gets you more than 8 pts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should’ve just traded him after his 2nd year

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope this franchise doesn't retire his jersey, it is already insane he gets to wear Bowen's number.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When LMA got as close as he is ever going to get to a le...the WCF...and then asked to be traded...we should have washed our hands of him...

It's impossible to win at even a high level when a guy who needs to be your second or third best player wants to leave because damn team success I didn't get to shoot 12 turn around 18 footers a game this year so I want out...

I don't blame him for Kawhi though...from everything I heard that dude wanted to go back to LA...spurs were always going to lose him regardless...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of funny. Weren't Spurs favorites when they landed LA before the 2015-2016 season started? I remember before the season started many experts picked the Cavs or Spurs to win it all although the Warriors won the chip the year before. Then the Warriors won 73 games. Spurs still had a really good season, 67 wins. But were disappointing in playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Kawhi brought the drama almost immediately after being drafted. LMA was just the first one to publicly leak he wanted to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No lies detected..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some truth bombs.

Kwa was dropping 50/40/90 on a tear going for MVP and a 'Chip. After the All Star break Popped succomed to LMAs whining and stopped featuring Kwa so LMA could get his touches back. It may have been the start of the end. But make no mistake, Zazas ass was the momentous turning point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't blame him for Kawhi though...from everything I heard that dude wanted to go back to LA...spurs were always going to lose him regardless...
    Nope. That ass Zaza doesn't happen and Spurs ring.....
    We've got Kwa locked up for at least 4 more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some truth bombs.

Kwa was dropping 50/40/90 on a tear going for MVP and a 'Chip. After the All Star break Popped succomed to LMAs whining and stopped featuring Kwa so LMA could get his touches back. It may have been the start of the end. But make no mistake, Zazas ass was the momentous turning point.
    It does suck that kawhi was a "my touches " guy but also a "my load management" guy. Now we know you have to build the team around him, don't question his play, let him pick games to sit. Give his uncle swag. We didn't know that then!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope this franchise doesn't retire his jersey, it is already insane he gets to wear Bowen's number.
    That still upsets me that the Spurs would allow him to wear Bowen's number. But I think it says more of Aldridge and his diva antics. I would think that he'd have enough respect for another player to choose another number.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give back Bruce’s 12!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ma Touches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always thought that the Kawhi/Spurs meltdown had a lot to do with Aldridge being here.. Aldridge has the history of causing problems with others stars in Portland of course.. he demands a trade, Pop agrees to defer to Aldridge, Spurs re-sign Aldridge, Kawhi demands trade shortly after..

I don't care how many cool double tap high fives he has on court with his teammates, I've always wondered why Aldridge never seems to be hanging out with the team when they're out doing whatever it is they do. Maybe there's no beef at all, but people tend to have an issue with the guy that never comes around and no matter the reasons why that is, people will just say "he's to good for us" or something similar.. with those two on the team you're dealing with both stars having similar anti-social personalities

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should’ve just traded him after his 2nd year
    TRUUU

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give back Bruce’s 12!!!
    Local Radio guy Mike Taylor has been going IN on the "fake Bruce Bowen"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge is the only reason this team has even been slightly compe ive since 2017. Don't kid yourselves--Kawhi was noping out no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does suck that kawhi was a "my touches " guy but also a "my load management" guy. Now we know you have to build the team around him, don't question his play, let him pick games to sit. Give his uncle swag. We didn't know that then!
    Hes a LOB guy tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in the festering East right when Golden State implodes. Not a LOB guy when Matt Barnes and Andre Roberson are taking turns on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?!
    The offense should have continued to be based around Kawhi. A "my touches guy?" B.S. He's always had a good number of assists. He was a young guy putting up real MVP# play. Was on a tear of 30/10/8 games. It was ass LMA and CIA Numb Nutts who put a stop to that and had to start feeding My Touches LMA.

Ya I'm pretty sure it added to Kwa questioning the Spurs. A legitimate MVP and another Finals MVP would have added to his $$$ quite a bit no doubt.
    Toronto players loved him. TF are you talking about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh?!
    The offense should have continued to be based around Kawhi. A "my touches guy?" B.S. He's always had a good number of assists. He was a young guy putting up real MVP# play. Was on a tear of 30/10/8 games. It was ass LMA and CIA Numb Nutts who put a stop to that and had to start feeding My Touches LMA.

Ya I'm pretty sure it added to Kwa questioning the Spurs. A legitimate MVP and another Finals MVP would have added to his $$$ quite a bit no doubt.
    Toronto players loved him. TF are you talking about?
    You just admitted kawhi got mad because pop tried to establish LMA as a co first option. That's "my touches" I don't think pafto ever thought LMA was better than kawhi on offense, but that both were better than one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just admitted kawhi got mad because pop tried to establish LMA as a co first option. That's "my touches" I don't think pafto ever thought LMA was better than kawhi on offense, but that both were better than one.
    As well he should have. If he was stealing touches from more deserving players, fine. NOT LMA!

Stupid move by Popped and FO.

Happy to say Pop recovered in time for the playoffs and that game 1 vs the gots was a masterpiece. We saw how bad LMA was after Kwa went down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll know for sure when and if he gets back to Portland if and when the drama starts up again.
    Yep.. send him to Portland, Denver, or New Orleans and have him dismantle their young locker rooms before they become yearly pain in the asses

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, in the festering East right when Golden State implodes. Not a LOB guy when Matt Barnes and Andre Roberson are taking turns on him.
    2 rings 2 finals MVPs. that LOB baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some truth bombs.

When did this happened? Kawhi and his group started pulling crap in the summer of 16. It was all Kawhiso ball before that.

Thread Information