Post Count

Kurt Thomas | PF/C
    Born: Oct 4, 1972
    Height: 6-9 / 2,06
    Weight: 235 lbs. / 106,6 kg.
    College: Texas Christian
    Years Pro: 13

info
    Last edited by Bruno; 08-28-2010 at 04:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAYBE one more year. Not sure....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be fine with him playing next season, mentoring Ian in the way of the bone-shattering screen.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Travis Outlaw. Nothing more need be said.

Why would Portland do that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would Portland do that...
    Well, although Paul Allen is filthy rich, Portland is very close if not past the luxury tax threshold (due to Darius Miles' contract being bach on the books). I could see Portland shedding some contracts to extend Aldridge and Roy, going after a veteran player or just needing cap relief in general. Going after Travis Outlaw could be a sound decision.

Oh, I would miss Kurt's ability to spread the floor with his mid-range jumper, but it could take him nearly 2-3 months into the season to get rolling, again.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Meh I say drop him as soon as his contracts up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas isn't totally worthless. The Mavs were a horrible matchup for him. If the Spurs had faced a team with a big center (Yao, Gasol/Bynum, Nene, Shaq, Ilgauskas, etc.) then he would have been much more useful.

Next season, as long as the Spurs get a starting quality big, you can rotate Thomas and Bonner off the bench.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe if you get someone like Rahso or Zaza, you can trade Thomas. His skill set and IQ would be difficult to replicate.

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Gist coming over next year? And if so would they be the starting frontcourt for the 2nd unit? How will age factor into his minutes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade along with mason and bonner. We don't need 37 year olds off the bench

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Gist coming over next year? And if so would they be the starting frontcourt for the 2nd unit? How will age factor into his minutes?
    Can't really project anything about Gist. I would pencil in Matt or Ian ahead of Gist if he made the team.

George Hill: 2-Guard NewJerSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't really project anything about Gist. I would pencil in Matt or Ian ahead of Gist if he made the team.
    Gotcha'.

We do need some post-up play in the 2nd unit though for some versitility on offense. I know Bonner doesn't fit that description and I figured Ian might start with Tim, that's why I brought up Gist....but I really don't know much about his game.

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has been a bust, he's done, see ya.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas is a ing PIMP. He's a solid post defender and rebounder. What surprised me were some of the other defensive matchups he did well with. The last game against OKC, Jeff Green got NOWHERE on him, and he did a decent job on Dirk when he was in the games against Dallas.

Kurt Thomas was close to my favorite Spur this year. Any time he got extended minutes this year with Tim out, a double double was either in the books or damn close.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone dogging KT obviously didn't watch the games this year. He's been solid and then some.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas is a ing PIMP. He's a solid post defender and rebounder. What surprised me were some of the other defensive matchups he did well with. The last game against OKC, Jeff Green got NOWHERE on him, and he did a decent job on Dirk when he was in the games against Dallas.

Kurt Thomas was close to my favorite Spur this year. Any time he got extended minutes this year with Tim out, a double double was either in the books or damn close.
    Exactly.

KT is still a damn good player.

IMO he didn't shoot enough in game 5, that jumper could've opened things up a tad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only old guys worth keeping are Thomas and Bowen.

Thomas was a ghost in the Mavs series, but he's still someone the Spurs need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thomas was damn good in the second half of the season. He did suck in the playoffs, though. What's weird is he played like a rookie ... lots of hurried/loose passes, dumb fouls, bad shots, etc.

But yeah, for a regular season player, he should have one good year left in the tank. His contract is fair and he would likely help the team against certain opponents in the playoffs. If the Spurs didn't at least have him as a somewhat dependable big, they'd have no choice but to blow their load on a bigman this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sets SOLID screens

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What people have to understand is that we CAN still have old guys on the team, we just need young guys at their position to off-set them, and we have to allow them to play a small amount of minutes..

I want Bowen and Thomas being the main old guys on the team, and I want them to get about 15 MPG..they would still be able to play at a high level for 15 MPG..

we need Finley to retire, that's going to be big..no re-signing Ime, Vaughn and Oberto are gone..those are the roster spots that we'll need to replace with young players..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My main concern about Thomas is that he is too expensive. At $2M, he would be nice role player. At $3.8M, it is simply too much for a 37 years old slow undersized center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely, and I think most people agree that if we can package him for something in return, the FO should obviously do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

KT is still a damn good player.

IMO he didn't shoot enough in game 5, that jumper could've opened things up a tad.
    +1 but there are also some games when he's showing signs of being old
    i dont blame him though, major props for the guy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thomas is more suited for traditional post players. players like shaq, duncan, gasol, and howard. he is practically useless against dirk, west, and boozer. spot minutes for him next season and a veteran presence is good. he can also step in if duncan gets injured or just wants to rest.

Thread Information