Post Count
    passing up wide open layups for threes
    Well duh, because they can actually shoot 3s today and 3>2
    they couldn’t shoot 3s like that in the 9s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make dunks worth 3 pts and teams will work harder on ball movement to open up lanes and penetrate...strategy and breaking down defenses will return

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well duh, because they can actually shoot 3s today and 3>2
    they couldn’t shoot 3s like that in the 9s
    Petrovich could and did. Only difference is that he wouldn’t give up a wide open layup for a three.

all nba, three time all star and RoY passing up a layup in an important playoff game, got mentally wreck and coilfjt play for more than a year because of it. todays nba.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think making the shot clock 14 seconds after that offensive rebound, speeds the game up and hastens the demise into the three-point shooting era. If we can revert it to 24 seconds, perhaps more teams would do sets, also, it would be nice to see post-moves every now and then. There's a reason I enjoy watching players like Luka, Sabonis, and even occasionally LeBron as they employ that post move every now and then. It is such an art, and I hope we don't lose it to stats and analytics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    old heads triggered, can’t accept they’re getting older and nostalgia has become their cure
    acting like you are not an old fart... you are not 20 y/o anymore bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with today’s NBA is that it’s become very one-dimensional. You used to have teams that would run, teams that would grind in sets, teams that played outside-in, and those that liked run through the post inside out. Now everyone plays the same. The same body type and skill set defines a prototypical NBA player. 30 teams playing the exact same way. It’s really making the league boring and predictable. Anyone who likes the strategic side of the game can’t really enjoy watching the product out there now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    acting like you are not an old fart... you are not 20 y/o anymore bruh
    I’m 12

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think making the shot clock 14 seconds after that offensive rebound, speeds the game up and hastens the demise into the three-point shooting era. If we can revert it to 24 seconds, perhaps more teams would do sets, also, it would be nice to see post-moves every now and then. There's a reason I enjoy watching players like Luka, Sabonis, and even occasionally LeBron as they employ that post move every now and then. It is such an art, and I hope we don't lose it to stats and analytics.
    Good point, the 14 second reset also has an impact

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My issue with today’s NBA is that it’s become very one-dimensional. You used to have teams that would run, teams that would grind in sets, teams that played outside-in, and those that liked run through the post inside out. Now everyone plays the same. The same body type and skill set defines a prototypical NBA player. 30 teams playing the exact same way. It’s really making the league boring and predictable. Anyone who likes the strategic side of the game can’t really enjoy watching the product out there now.
    That’s actually a good point, teams had their own iden ies/styles of play.
    Position-less basketball has been a big shift.

Although the Suns haven’t lost their iden y which is losing in the Finals lol.

Rivalries is also something the 80s/90s/2000s had over today imo.
    Even when rivals met during the regular season there was a buzz around the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch out for Karl Malone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch out for Karl Malone.
    you pervert!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me? I was trying to warn you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn’t 12 legal in Utah?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good thing i'm 11

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop loved the beautiful game when we were running through the playoffs with it.

Too bad he forgot how to find players for that system and went back to big man ball while the rest of the league adapted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Too bad he forgot how to find players for that system and went back to big man ball while the rest of the league adapted.
    F'nephew, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Make a 19-ft jumper worth 4 points. Bubble Spurs are NBA champs, DeMar DeRozan is a multiple times over MVP, we're still all honking downtown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to fking go. I miss 90’s basketball also Coach Pop. 12mm a year for this.

He is Tony D’Amato sans Willie Beamen.
    Last I heard, it was $6M, highest in NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His last deal was 5yr/60mm

To put that in to perspective DJ was 4yrs/64mm. McBooger was 3yr/48mm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His last deal was 5yr/60mm

To put that in to perspective DJ was 4yrs/64mm. McBooger was 3yr/48mm.
    McDermott is 3yrs/$41M, not $48M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He complained about it then too. He constantly stated he was being pragmatic but preferred it go away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Avante has joined the thread.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's actually a great point. Everyone is versatile and "can play multiple positions". I agree, it is quite harder to watch when you see chucking in the name of analytics. I miss the 2000s. Each team had their own style, and wow, was it fun to watch them against each other.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I mean he's not wrong.

This era is weird and sort of boring, with 6'4 centers everyone shooting threes and every time a guy trips over his own shoe laces, they have to review the footage and call some sort of flagrant

I think they should move the 3 point line back about 5 feet so all this one dimensional crap is minimized.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The funnest time in basketball for me was probably late 00s to early 10s.

Good balance of offence and defence. Low post scoring mixed up with some three point shooting. Varied offensive types (Mavs, suns, spurs,cavs, jazz, nuggets, Celtics, Miami, lakers all had some level of success but play very different styles), some level of compe ion from smaller markets.

80s was insanely stop heavy, no defence (until the bad boys started sacking the living lights out of everyone).
    90s was just the bulls. The superstar calls to Jordan was literally unwatchable. Bunch of iso and bully ball.
    Early 00s is similar, pistons spurs and lakers, overly physical. A touch light on offence. Little parity.

Thread Information