Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 years ago, Rod Strickland exposed himself in a hotel room and it was news, but the Spurs didn't cut him over it. Shows how times have changed (for the better) in the last 30 years.

internet helps,tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we’re contemplating prior scandals, I still want more info on the Walter Berry vs Alvin Robertson “knife fight”…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you efffers burying him at age 19.

And as if past and current NBA players haven't done 20Xs as bad ish.

Rape, murder (Derick Rose anyone?) etc etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people in this thread are saying that Primo sucked at basketball and that he’s damaged goods that the team is not going to bring back. I don’t necessarily disagree.

However, I will remind these people that the front office (Brian Wright in particular) held Primo in very high regard and viewed him as a potential franchise player. If this is true, don’t you think that given all they’ve invested in him, they would like to at least explore the option of bringing him back in the future, assuming he clears investigations and successfully completes his mental rehabilitation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people in this thread are saying that Primo sucked at basketball and that he’s damaged goods that the team is not going to bring back. I don’t necessarily disagree.

However, I will remind these people that the front office (Brian Wright in particular) held Primo in very high regard and viewed him as a potential franchise player. If this is true, don’t you think that given all they’ve invested in him, they would like to at least explore the option of bringing him back in the future, assuming he clears investigations and successfully completes his mental rehabilitation?
    No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We are a top 5 team with Primo tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we’re contemplating prior scandals, I still want more info on the Walter Berry vs Alvin Robertson “knife fight”…

Yet it wasn’t long into his NBA career when Robertson’s temper and destructive side began to surface. In the '86-87 preseason, he and teammate Walter Berry, the streetball player from New York, got into a heated argument that was part frightening and part comical. Frank Brickowski, the Spurs’ center, recalls returning to the Red Lion hotel to find Robertson and Berry squaring off.

"Walter starts talking s--t to Alvin, who told him to shut up," Brickowski said. "Walter kept talking, and Alvin put him on his back. Alvin let him up, then Walter pops Alvin in the eye. Everyone broke it up, but Alvin had a mouse under his eye. I thought it was over, and so I go take a shower.

"I hear a crash in the next room, hurry over there and Alvin and Walter are going at it again. It spills into the hallway, and somehow Walter grabs a butter knife. I think he got it from the housecleaning cart. He starts going after Alvin. He’s chasing him. I go, 'Walter, wait, that’s a butter knife. What the you gonna do with that?' Walter looks at it, tosses it aside and gets a fork."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...forgotten-spur

As said before things have changed- for the better
    Last edited by Maddog; 01-12-2023 at 08:32 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 years ago, Rod Strickland exposed himself in a hotel room and it was news, but the Spurs didn't cut him over it. Shows how times have changed (for the better) in the last 30 years.
    Rod was a talented NBA player, but I think the Spurs were okay with letting him go precisely because of his conduct. He went on to be a good NBA player, but never an all-star. He could've been great on the Spurs with the talent that was there, but he screwed it up by late night bar fights and wild conduct off the court.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last hey day was probably the Tarkanian Experiment where we had three players who all had problems going through metal detectors because of too much bullet shrapnel: Lloyd Daniels, Sam Mack, and…David Wingate?

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I go, 'Walter, wait, that’s a butter knife. What the you gonna do with that?' Walter looks at it, tosses it aside and gets a fork."

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last hey day was probably the Tarkanian Experiment where we had three players who all had problems going through metal detectors because of too much bullet shrapnel: Lloyd Daniels, Sam Mack, and…David Wingate?
    iirc that was the source of the line "Tark has options off the bench, he can go leaded or unleaded." I forgot the exact wording and which commentator said it, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indubitably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the west,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=slick'81;10852184]in the west,/QUOTE]

of San Antonio

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a) gilbert arenas also had the history of being a multiple time all star and all-nba player. teams are only willing to put up with headaches if the on-court play justifies it

b) when arenas came back from his suspension, he was traded a couple of months into the season to the magic and amnestied less than a year after that. not the best example of a successful comeback story tbh
    I’m not talking about the fact it was a successful come back, I’m talking about the fact it was a come back after the guy did something very wrong too. But I’m sure you understood that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol comparing that scrub Primo to Gilbert Arenas. Primo wasn’t even better than guys like Nando de Colo. no one would be racing to sign him.
    Well, if I follow all of you guys, you can forgive a player after he makes a major, and for Arenas a dangerous, thing, just because he’s good. If he’s not then he’s ed ? That’s probably the case, but laughing at the fact that I compared him to Primo while you know morality says they should be treated equally makes you as weirdos.
    And nobody knows if Primo would have been a scrub.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not talking about the fact it was a successful come back, I’m talking about the fact it was a come back after the guy did something very wrong too. But I’m sure you understood that.
    See part a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good players come back from anything even if there are significant amounts of risks:
    - kobe (later somehow became a women’s rights icon )
    - pedo
    - Strickland
    - rodman
    - arenas
    - Alvin Robertson
    - Jason Kidd
    - bonzi wells
    - Ruben Patterson

Bridges is likely going to come back as well.

Point is, if there is talent, some team will take the risk, every time.

The question is does primo have the talent to pique someone’s interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good players come back from anything even if there are significant amounts of risks:
    - pedo
    - Strickland
    - rodman
    - arenas
    - Alvin Robertson
    - Jason Kidd
    - bonzi wells
    - Ruben Patterson

The question actually is (look at the thread le), will he return to the Spurs, and the answer is never. They already paid a settlement to the psychologist, admitting legal liability. If he were to return and do it again, it could financially ruin the franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s interesting other organizations aren’t even looking at him, thoigh not surprising. Just shows how wrong PATFO got this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - pedo
    - Strickland
    - rodman
    - arenas
    - Alvin Robertson
    - Jason Kidd
    - bonzi wells
    - Ruben Patterson

Case dismissed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s interesting other organizations aren’t even looking at him, thoigh not surprising. Just shows how wrong PATFO got this one.
    Allegedly, a bunch of organizations were interested when he was cut loose, but none after they did their due diligence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying it's OK to show your around, but let's not make Primo some major criminal. It's more a mental health than a criminal issue.

And would that psychologist had done her job, she would have told him to pull the monster back in the very first time and try to see what was obviously wrong here... And nobody would have heard about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Allegedly, a bunch of organizations were interested when he was cut loose, but none after they did their due diligence.
    It's still fresh. no one was signing him right out of the bat considering the situation anyway, nor probalby this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disturbing how some of y'all think whipping your out repeatedly isn't that big of a deal... and it's funny how stupid you have to be to think the spurs didn't nip this before more details came out.

and the organization would be seen as not giving a about women's safety in the workplace on top of it all, he's never coming back

Thread Information