Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what the Pelicans would be willing to give up for Poeltl? Lots of talent and assets on that roster…
    I'd be hard to make a deal there I'd think... we probably prefer to trade jak to the east but, I'd probably only do the Nola deal for the Lakers unprotected next year OR their pick this year (which includes the LA pick swap) and either Murphy or Daniels...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be hard to make a deal there I'd think... we probably prefer to trade jak to the east but, I'd probably only do the Nola deal for the Lakers unprotected next year OR their pick this year (which includes the LA pick swap) and either Murphy or Daniels...
    Jesus, you might as well ask for the owner's balls while you're at it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, you might as well ask for the owner's balls while you're at it.
    That was my point...it'd be very hard to get done..

And I'm pretty sure she doesn't have balls to give...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doug can be moved next year when he's on the last year of his deal, so there's less of a rush there. i think right now him having that additional year decreases his value if anything because the team trading for him is making a commitment they probably dont want to.

the only player we definitely should move is josh richardson. i'd obviously move jak if the right deal came along, but id also be fine just re-signing him anyway, so i wouldnt move him just for the sake of moving him and getting something.
    Ya agree. Don’t think its urgent, with regards to allocation capital, moving Doug and Josh and allocating that money back into Jak keeps us in similar spot cap wise, nets us some extra picks and just in general feels good lol.

But it’s not dire or anything. But if someone is willing to truly offer us one unprotected pick for Jakob I would take that instead of holding line for two picks that are not as good. Quality > quan y

That RUI trade hurst the market though…that was not a lot to give up for a young player who can put up 30 even if he has problems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't..it would violate the Stepien rule...
    Was distracted when I posted this and forgot about that tbh. Gotta give the Spurs at least another pick imo, otherwise I'd pass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya agree. Don’t think its urgent, with regards to allocation capital, moving Doug and Josh and allocating that money back into Jak keeps us in similar spot cap wise, nets us some extra picks and just in general feels good lol.

But it’s not dire or anything. But if someone is willing to truly offer us one unprotected pick for Jakob I would take that instead of holding line for two picks that are not as good. Quality > quan y

That RUI trade hurst the market though…that was not a lot to give up for a young player who can put up 30 even if he has problems
    Does the Rui thing hurt though? Doesn’t he have the same issue that Jalen Smith had last year after the team failed to pick up his contract and then was traded, that is, if he over performs the Lakers can’t offer him a big extension? If that’s the case I think this is a very fair deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the Rui thing hurt though? Doesn’t he have the same issue that Jalen Smith had last year after the team failed to pick up his contract and then was traded, that is, if he over performs the Lakers can’t offer him a big extension? If that’s the case I think this is a very fair deal.
    No. He just couldn’t reach an agreement with the Wiz, and was redundant to Kuzma.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers get ROFF on Hach. They don't have any restriction on re-signing him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. He just couldn’t reach an agreement with the Wiz, and was redundant to Kuzma.
    I see, they didn’t outright decline any part of his deal (ala Jalen Smith), so they still can basically make him a RFA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trent has been linked to PHX recently. Could it be:

TOR: Jakob
    PHX: Trent
    SAS: Saric + filler + PHX FRP + TOR FRP
    I could see it, but I'd amend it to . . .

Suns receive: Trent Jr.
    Spurs receive: Saric (to be bought out), Birch, Raptors 1st (anywhere from top 10 - lottery protected), Suns 1st (lottery protected)
    Raptors receive: Poeltl, Shamet
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-24-2023 at 12:21 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs receive: Saric (to be bought out), Birch, Raptors 1st (anywhere from top 10 - lottery protected), Suns 1st (lottery protected)
    That’d be ideal (not eating Shamats deal), but I don’t think Raptors would be interested. Best scenario would be if Suns recognize the sunk cost with Crowder and dump him on us as part of the ballast.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yuck for the Spurs. A late first and a mid first that might not convey plus a bad contract and a buyout player. As others have said cut the Suns out of the deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’d be ideal (not eating Shamats deal), but I don’t think Raptors would be interested. Best scenario would be if Suns recognize the sunk cost with Crowder and dump him on us as part of the ballast.
    Would give them a lesser, cheaper Trent Jr. replacement.

Suns need a four or at least someone who can credibly play it in return for Crowder.

Yuck for the Spurs. A late first and a mid first that might not convey plus a bad contract and a buyout player. As others have said cut the Suns out of the deal.
    Suns 1st isn't late at the moment and far from assured of reaching that point, while Raptors 1st, Spurs could protect themselves to where if it falls past whatever point they deem acceptable, it doesn't convey until a subsequent year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s probably a reason for a 3rd team, like a player TOR wants to get rid of that we want no part of.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s probably a reason for a 3rd team, like a player TOR wants to get rid of that we want no part of.
    VanVleet another candidate for that player, besides Gary Trent Jr:
    https://marcstein.substack.com/p/nba...t-whispers-016
    https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...16751_38387849
    Chris Paul is back for Phoenix after missing seven games with a hip injury, but the 37-year-old has played in only 27 of the Suns' 48 games this season, having missed 14 games earlier due to a heel injury. Word is that those realities have prompted the Suns to start assessing their post-Paul future and thus identify Charlotte's Terry Rozier, New York's Immanuel Quickley and Toronto's Fred VanVleet as potential trade targets. The latest signals from the Knicks, as I reported on Jan. 14, indicate that Quickley will not be made available at this deadline. Rozier, though, is widely perceived as attainable given the Hornets' slide into Victor Wembanyama territory, while VanVleet's future with Canada's team remains unclear given the 21-27 Raptors' struggles and VanVleet's desire for a lucrative new contract in the offseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a world where the Spurs end up netting two FRPs that end up being in the mid-teens is a good outcome here.

Starter
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VanVleet another candidate for that player, besides Gary Trent Jr:
    There's a potential deal to be constructed here with Ayton to Raps, VanVleet & Poetl to Suns, Saric, Birch/Young + picks to Spurs. Requires Raptors to give up on this season though as they'd have no PG's to speak of at all...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a potential deal to be constructed here with Ayton to Raps, VanVleet & Poetl to Suns, Saric, Birch/Young + picks to Spurs. Requires Raptors to give up on this season though as they'd have no PG's to speak of at all...
    I don’t think anyone wants Ayton at his figure.

Still think the basic framework is Trent to Suns, Jakob to Raptors, and filler + 2 FRPs to Spurs. The fight will be about the quality of picks and whether Toronto is owed anything on top of Jakob.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think anyone wants Ayton at his figure.

Still think the basic framework is Trent to Suns, Jakob to Raptors, and filler + 2 FRPs to Spurs. The fight will be about the quality of picks and whether Toronto is owed anything on top of Jakob.
    The variant is PHX decides to go big and targets OG instead of Trent. The frameworks holds but of course the picks would have to change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The variant is PHX decides to go big and targets OG instead of Trent. The frameworks holds but of course the picks would have to change.
    If Ayton is going to Toronto, the Suns likely want a center.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ayton is going to Toronto, the Suns likely want a center.
    Ah, just caught up with Ayton to Raptors rumors. What TeKu lays out above makes much more sense now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm expected to believe that there is a team who will give up 2 first round picks for a center with no offense game, who is terrible at one on one defense, and can walk away after this season

Boston trying to get Poeltl for doing nothing more than removing a protection on a pick we will get anyway unless its number 1 overall

At least that is more realistic than this two first round picks for Poeltl nonsense.

The darkest timeline involves having to pay Poeltl 20 million a year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boston trying to get Poeltl for doing nothing more than removing a protection on a pick we will get anyway unless its number 1 overall
    At first it does seem like that but it is actually a first round pick because we wouldn’t be giving up our first round pick. Originally with the Derrick White trade it was a swap, so with this trade we would just get theirs with no protection and keep ours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with how good the draft is looking the Spurs should try to focus on getting another first round pick for the 2023 draft. They might be able to steal somebody talented in the late first round like they usually do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with how good the draft is looking the Spurs should try to focus on getting another first round pick for the 2023 draft. They might be able to steal somebody talented in the late first round like they usually do
    Is this actually a good draft?

Thread Information