Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he is replaceable? So why doesn't every team have a 3 and D guy? Who is the answer? I know it isn't Marco or Manu? somebody please answer this question for me because I'm baffled....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if we can get him for the minimum, why not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To make bad threads until we feel better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen will unretire and Sato will return as well with his 7ft wingspan. Whoop there it is! lol!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way to replace Green. The best they can do, is probably Bazemore. If the Hawks re-sign Carroll, then between him, Korver, Hardaway and Sefolosha on the wings, they'll have no path to a rotation spot for Bazemore. He only makes $2M for 1 more season, so they could just keep him, but they might be open to dumping him, for Williams' expiring contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Product of the system or not, there is no replacement for him on the team currently? I'm just saying if they let him go who's the answer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Aminu from the kings? Probably the same amount of $$$ Green would cost, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny's only gone if we get Aldridge, which is far from a given.

However, if LMA does choose us, it'll obviously leave a huge whole to fill at the 2, one that would likely be filled by a cheap FA that will inevitably leave a big drop off in production.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 06-27-2015 at 05:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. The biggest free agents we've ever landed were Derek Anderson and Brent Barry!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're ed from Blow It Up University seems like a good candidate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. The biggest free agents we've ever landed were Derek Anderson and Brent Barry!
    Finley was a highly contested one that was won by Spurs. Horry, Dominique, Avery, and Bowen were lesser signings that turned out pretty well (except for Dominique).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he was 30 something and not in his prime. What you would call a veteran, not a highly sought after free agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign jr smith to max

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ouch

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're just 1 year away from winning it all, and a miraculous 3 from winning it all the previous year. Green is not going anywhere, there's been this LMA talk, but that's all, talk, LMA coming here doesn't guarantee a championship. Danny Green holds an NBA Finals record for 3 pointers. He is a great wing defender. If Tony Parker and Tiago Splitter weren't injured at the wrong time last year we might have gone to the Finals again. I for one am not all for blowing up the team just to get LaMarcus, we don't know how he would work in our system, and if he can handle coach Popovich up his ass like everybody else. I haven't heard Spurs talking about LMA, just the press.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ....

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The answer might actually be Reggie Williams. Seriously. He already knows the system and he can shoot the 3. He's no where near the perimeter defender Green is, but if he can play within a team concept it might work. Looking at the free agents for SG, it's slim pickens, and at our price range no less. I didn't watch enough of him to see how well his defense is, so if anyone cares to elaborate, please do. If we sign Aldridge, all we need is someone to space the floor. We don't need a closer in this scenario, because Ginobili will most likely be signing. Also, the Spurs could make a minor deal as mentioned above. Bazemore is a good example.

We might have to dig up some talent from overseas, the summer league, or even the D-League.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and he was 30 something and not in his prime. What you would call a veteran, not a highly sought after free agent.
    32 and yeah... at the end of his career but helped Spurs win 1 more le. Diaw was a nice signing as well.

At this point, the trend is the Spurs win when a star FA doesn't sign. Now that's a cool list (off the top of my head): Grant Hill, Malone, Granger, Kidd, C. Butler, etc.

I still think LMA would be a good signing though w/the big 3 getting closer and beyond retirement age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are guys I'd take a flier Alan Anderson for the room exception or Jamaal Franklin. I actually think McDaniels will be easy to pry away, and I'm sure there are guys in Philly who could be had at a reasonable price. There are prospects at the two for sure. But bona fide starters are not any cheaper than Danny is, and with Manu either being gone or severely mitigated, the Spurs simply cannot afford to lose him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The answer might actually be Reggie Williams. Seriously. He already knows the system and he can shoot the 3. He's no where near the perimeter defender Green is, but if he can play within a team concept it might work. Looking at the free agents for SG, it's slim pickens, and at our price range no less. I didn't watch enough of him to see how well his defense is, so if anyone cares to elaborate, please do. If we sign Aldridge, all we need is someone to space the floor. We don't need a closer in this scenario, because Ginobili will most likely be signing. Also, the Spurs could make a minor deal as mentioned above. Bazemore is a good example.

We might have to dig up some talent from overseas, the summer league, or even the D-League.
    I don't see Spurs seeing RWilliams as a full time starter, but I could be wrong.

There are guys I'd take a flier Alan Anderson for the room exception or Jamaal Franklin. I actually think McDaniels will be easy to pry away, and I'm sure there are guys in Philly who could be had at a reasonable price. There are prospects at the two for sure. But bona fide starters are not any cheaper than Danny is, and with Manu either being gone or severely mitigated, the Spurs simply cannot afford to lose him.
    I would love to bring McDaniels in via trade, but if we inquire, I would think Hou would say no just because Spurs asked. Would be a perfect replacement, work on his 3 and he already has his defensive game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The answer might actually be Reggie Williams. Seriously.
    The most patently absurd 493'rd post in SpursTalk history.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Bogans... Ime Udoka...

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many redundant threads is this now? Good grief

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to bring McDaniels in via trade, but if we inquire, I would think Hou would say no just because Spurs asked. Would be a perfect replacement, work on his 3 and he already has his defensive game.
    McDaniels is a 1-year RFA. That means the Rockets have to use an exception or cap space to re-sign him. They're in a similar position with him as the Spurs are with Green, except the salary threshold is much smaller. $8M/3 with the final year being a team option/non-guaranteed will get it done easily.

Thread Information