Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we need to wait at least until the ASG to make that determination. We’ve had a brutally difficult schedule, lost more than a few close games, and our defensive anchor has been on protocols for half the season to date, 6/13.
    I think this team should improve, and schedule has been bad, but this isn't a team of impressive talent that was held back by the veterans as so many wiseacres here have claimed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this team should improve, and schedule has been bad, but this isn't a team of impressive talent that was held back by the veterans as so many wiseacres here have claimed.
    Agreed. I think the Spurs will be a lot better later in the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan shredding the Lakers right now. To be fair, so is Levine and Adam Caruso and...

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan at it again. 38 tonight and averaging 26 for the season. Couldn't do that here in Pop's "no stats allowed" system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tore up the Lakers tonight!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs and Demar needed to part ways. The Spurs were wasting Demar’s remaining good years and Demar was just delaying the rebuilding process, basically guaranteeing that we don’t draft out of the top 10. Getting 35 wins at best wasn’t enough to keep him here. Glad he’s in a better situation though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not what ST thought about DDR. They thought the spurs would be better without him. Walker and White's untapped offensive potential wouid be unlock. The defense would be better and so would the spacing. And yet there he is surrounded by good players putting up great numbers and winning. While White and Walker are stinking it up and losing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan is in a much better position now with the Bulls ... synergies with players surrounding him ... more "attention" should lead to more calls going to the FT line i.e. less frustration for him. He deserves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan is in a much better position now with the Bulls ... synergies with players surrounding him ... more "attention" should lead to more calls going to the FT line i.e. less frustration for him. He deserves it.
    yeah. the bottom line is that demar was just playing on a very bad team and he was what was keeping the spurs from being a total train wreck. conversely, he was also keeping the spurs in basketball purgatory by taking away minutes from other players. ultimately, his departure is of mutual benefit to both demar and the spurs. but i wish nothing but the best for demar as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah. the bottom line is that demar was just playing on a very bad team and he was what was keeping the spurs from being a total train wreck. conversely, he was also keeping the spurs in basketball purgatory by taking away minutes from other players. ultimately, his departure is of mutual benefit to both demar and the spurs. but i wish nothing but the best for demar as well.
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The front office did try to re-sign DeRozan, but he demanded too much money. Since the alternative was to trade him to Chicago for Young and a first round pick, I'd say things still worked out pretty well. For both sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not what ST thought about DDR. They thought the spurs would be better without him. Walker and White's untapped offensive potential wouid be unlock. The defense would be better and so would the spacing. And yet there he is surrounded by good players putting up great numbers and winning. While White and Walker are stinking it up and losing.
    Yep. The group think on this board is consistently idiotic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The front office did try to re-sign DeRozan, but he demanded too much money.
    That's like Robert Duvall asking for a ton of money to be in Godfather III. Doesn't say outright "no," just make sure it's enough they won't pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's like Robert Duvall asking for a ton of money to be in Godfather III. Doesn't say outright "no," just make sure it's enough they won't pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did chicago give up exactly? Of course chi is doing well. They acquired derozan, and gave up amineww along with a vet they didn't even need on an expiring . The spurs gave up kawhi to land derozan ffs. Its the raptors trade all over again.Spurs cant get out of their own way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did chicago give up exactly? Of course chi is doing well. They acquired derozan, and gave up amineww along with a vet they didn't even need on an expiring . The spurs gave up kawhi to land derozan ffs. Its the raptors trade all over again.Spurs cant get out of their own way
    How so?

Kawhi lasted a whopping 1 season with Toronto, whom we traded with. The asset we got in return was here for 3 seasons and we managed to turn that into something, which is better than nothing. The whole bunch of nothing we would have gotten by letting Leonard sit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago also has the 7th best defense according to Hollinger right now.

I know it's still early and no one is ever going to say DeRozan is a great defender, but maybe he wasn't quite the weak link that some people wanted to make him out to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are better without him, though. Just not immediate record-wise. The separation was needed for both sides; I'm glad he's balling in Chicago, but he wasn't a good fit here, and will probably shrink come playoff time as he tends to do, and did consistently here, all the way up to his last game in Spurs uniform in the play-in, ting the bed in amazing fashion. Can't put a dress on a pig and expect it to model, or so they say... We'll see whether Chicago has the co-star power to overcome DDR's anti-clutch genes.

Lastly, the defense is better, or was at least until Jak got hit with safety protocols. The spacing is better and would be even better had we replaced a non-shooting PF with a shooting PF instead of Keldon, who's incredibly forgotten how to make a 3. White and Walker aren't working out (yet), but the outlook of the team is much better short-and-long-term than when he was here, for sure, especially now that we're getting to see the young guys swim (and sink) without him.

Of course DeRozan would play better and win with two other All-Stars on the roster; he managed to make the ECF with only one AS besides him, after all. Sadly, the NBA is less about regular season victories than it is about championships, and that will ultimately determine DDR's fate and reputation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even at 4-9 to start the year, Spurs are one of 15 teams with a positive point differential (at time of posting). Spurs have been in every game this year sans two.

It’s ironic that the Spurs main issue atm seems to be closing out games something that DDR was perceived by National media outlets at doing well.
    My take on this though is the coaching staff should have done a better job involving different players in end of game sets l/y instead of ISO DDR ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, DDR could have just ing walked. That the Spurs got a tidy package for him was impressive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even at 4-9 to start the year, Spurs are one of 15 teams with a positive point differential (at time of posting). Spurs have been in every game this year sans two.

It’s ironic that the Spurs main issue atm seems to be closing out games something that DDR was perceived by National media outlets at doing well.
    My take on this though is the coaching staff should have done a better job involving different players in end of game sets l/y instead of ISO DDR ball.
    I don't know if it would have made any difference. None of the younger players can score, no matter what time of the ballgame it is.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the Spurs aren't as bad as their record would indicate. They're playing like a 0.500 team.

I know some of their opponents have had injuries (LeBron, Porzingis) but Poeltl has missed 6 games and he's at least the second most important player on the team in regards to how big the dropoff is to his backup.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    let's just chill, make sure to lose ~15 close games and get a nice high first round draft pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan shredding the Lakers right now. To be fair, so is Levine and Adam Caruso and...
    The only team that can't be the Lakers is the Spurs. Everyone else is having fun kicking them around while the Spurs get ed slapped. Like others have said, I'm sure they'll win a few more games when they get to play the other JV dregs of the league. The Spurs suck right now & all the personality disorders of last year still exist. Derrick White is a fragile head case who doesn't take his job seriously, Lonnie Walker can't put consistent effort out every night and disappears without a trace. Murray has improved but has his limitations. Keldon can't shoot despite having a great motor.. The only semi-bright spots have been Jakob and Devin.

I'm about to pull the cable cord & I won't have access to Spurs' games. I'm not even sweating it. They just aren't good and haven't been in a while now.

Thread Information