Post Count
    Next summer they'll be competing with both LA teams...good luck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003, we had a bunch of money and ended up blowing it on Rasho
    PATFO have been hoarding PGs.

So, look for them to spend it all on Parker to make sure he plays till 40 and beyond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on how the team feels about guys like Simmons, Anderson and Bertans. If they want to keep all those guys, then not getting into long-term money with older players isn't horrible. It wouldn't hurt to give Pau his $16 Million back while reserving cap space for later. Also, it makes sense to buy out Milutinov so he doesn't get ideas similar to Bogdonvic. They can give Hanga a long-term deal as opposed to a two-year min. And they can reup Dedmon.

There's also the possibility that they re-sign Mills.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then it's time for a new deal closer at the wheel, not a drunk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure Manu will come back, assuming he doesn't retire this year and keeps doing the 'one more year thing" and also Danny Green is up again so resign him again. Parker gets the rest since he wants to play until 40 and you know how that goes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003, we had a bunch of money and ended up blowing it on Rasho
    The Spurs won 2 more championships in the following 4 years after 2003. Not necessarily complete failure. I believe CP3 made a colossal error going anywhere but San Antonio. Houston swings for big names regardless of what system the run. Spurs went after Aldridge fully aware of the risks and are now seeing the results of a weak-minded diva. I think they will be very careful before they do that again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then they're ed. What do you expect us to say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs won 2 more championships in the following 4 years after 2003. Not necessarily complete failure. I believe CP3 made a colossal error going anywhere but San Antonio. Houston swings for big names regardless of what system the run. Spurs went after Aldridge fully aware of the risks and are now seeing the results of a weak-minded diva. I think they will be very careful before they do that again.
    Chris Paul clearly cared only for his supermax contract. When West brushed Doc aside and refused to give Paul the max, he picked his option so that he could be traded and still get the max by another team. He was never going anywhere for a discount.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu and Pau end up getting sizable 1 year deals and they try again next season.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul clearly cared only for his supermax contract. When West brushed Doc aside and refused to give Paul the max, he picked his option so that he could be traded and still get the max by another team. He was never going anywhere for a discount.
    This. And the idiots here on Spurstalk have done nothing but melt down since that trade was announced yesterday. Apparently they think that having $40 million tied up in two over 30 point guards, escalating from there over the next several years, is a great plan for success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt PATFO were ever serious about CP.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on how the team feels about guys like Simmons, Anderson and Bertans. If they want to keep all those guys, then not getting into long-term money with older players isn't horrible. It wouldn't hurt to give Pau his $16 Million back while reserving cap space for later. Also, it makes sense to buy out Milutinov so he doesn't get ideas similar to Bogdonvic. They can give Hanga a long-term deal as opposed to a two-year min. And they can reup Dedmon.

I can't see Fathead signing for that much. If some other team offered him a generous amount, I doubt SA would match. At least I'd like to believe that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were only trying to get a meeting and shopping Aldridge & Green out of curiosity tbh. Not even that interested

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $200 mil / 5 years for a 33 year old undersized PG going on the downhill. That's like Tony Parker's bad deal on steroids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $200 mil / 5 years for a 33 year old undersized PG going on the downhill. That's like Tony Parker's bad deal on steroids.
    The GM behind the brilliant Richard Jefferson and Lamarcus Aldridge signings would never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then they're ed. What do you expect us to say?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I agree. I didn't want that dude here for more than 25 mill per season - even that amount is steep for someone with his freakish injuries and teammate issues. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Houston after next year and teams up with Bron somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pray that Murray and White are a good players. Go after guys like McCaw even if you have to overpay some. Pray some more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Patty didn't do himself any favors in the playoffs. You can't base much on sportswriters, but I'm reading comments about how "backup may be his ceiling". He may not get the kind of money people have been speculating on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were only trying to get a meeting and shopping Aldridge & Green out of curiosity tbh. Not even that interested
    They considered it. They considered 3 things:

1.) Are we in win-now mode - YES.
    2.) Is CP a player that will gel with Pop and the culture we have here? - Probably, because Pop is very respected in the league and CP3 had zero respect for Doc. Its no secret CP3 has crossed the line with his teammates in terms of being verbally abusive. Unless you're MJ, that doesn't fly and Pop would squash it directly.
    3.) Is CP's freak injury history a risk worth taking? - I don't have the answer to this one, but it was a topic of concern for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if California leaves the USA and clippers,la and gs are no longer in the nba?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not July and Spurs fans all in tizzy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what if California leaves the USA and clippers,la and gs are no longer in the nba?
    I like how the Kings get to stay in your scenario.

Thread Information