Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    look it's been fun, but as of this point anyone complaining about Forbes is a drama queen. We went through this before and all the superlatives have already been wasted. Think of it like medicine and doctor says you have to take the Forbes and cry if you must. but stuff like "oh finding out this news made my heart stop and i puked blood and spoke in the language of the dead gods for 11 minutes, my family is dead and i now smell like eggs all the time, PAFTO" are not fun, original, or interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don’t see how he fits in the rotation unless they think DV is a small forward. DV, Lonnie, DW & Murray are all going to play ahead of him. I think he was signed to be injury insurance just in case DW has another long season of injuries or covid hits the team again. If it doesn’t I expect a lot of DNP’s for Bryn.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really don’t see how he fits in the rotation unless they think DV is a small forward. DV, Lonnie, DW & Murray are all going to play ahead of him. I think he was signed to be injury insurance just in case DW has another long season of injuries or covid hits the team again. If it doesn’t I expect a lot of DNP’s for Bryn.
    Pop giving his favorite pet DNPs? I'll believe it when I see it. That scrub ass is going to be playing 20-25 minutes a night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is a deal for -2 years possible?

because I'd be ok with that!

I'd guess it's 2 (for the BAE or roughly equivalent value of $8Mish).

Vassell is a 2.5 and given the roster construction, is slated to backup the amorphous 3/4 duo of Johnson and McDermott.

Forbes, Walker IV and Vassell will all be in the rotation, pushing each other for minutes and between numerous inevitable absences from them, Murray, White, Johnson and McDermott, they'll be plenty of opportunity for all, as well as Jones throughout the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I missed it but we are on page 23 and I dont think I have seen anyone say this is a good signing. Usually by now someone would have said why they thought it was good. just shows you how bad a signing this was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I missed it but we are on page 23 and I dont think I have seen anyone say this is a good signing. Usually by now someone would have said why they thought it was good. just shows you how bad a signing this was.
    Huh, great observation. Even on the internet, there must be some things a person can't say with a straight face!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Son of a , im in

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well i did say the human victory cigar is here to lead us to a first pick... i dunno kind of a good thing i gues...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it ever announced how many years Forbes' contract will be? I don't remember seeing anything other than he's returning. Then again, I may have blocked this traumatic experience from my memory

The Spurs could either be helping him improve his stock so he could hit free agency next year .............. or they could view him as the new Patty Mills and want to lock him up long-term as the teacher of corporate knowledge or whatever.
    Still looking for this too... but we all know that if it's even 1 year, it's going to be 1 year too many, so this is going to be traumatic no matter what.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes can make a big bucket. He’s not clutch, but not a choker either. He also works his ass off in the gym. As long as he fills that Patty Mills role, I don’t hate the deal. Also assuming it’s a 1 to 2 year deal with a low salary.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time I see this thread and think about bringing this guy back I just imagine Forbes saying,
    "I am the Tank Commander"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he is rubbing his nose against the trophy as if it were a clit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you geniuses said Pop was going to lose the Gold Medal and he didn't. All you geniuses. Until Pop starts Forbes or gives him huge run over the younger guards, it hasn't happened yet. When Forbes was last on the team, Murray and White were much different players. I'll join you if he starts giving the guy 30 minutes, but it hasn't happened yet and it never will. Believe it or not, Forbes is a great shooter and the team is loading up on those. Believe it or not, he has championship experience. Last I checked, no one on the roster does. Of course the team isn't competing, but believe it or not, Forbes is now a veteran in the league and we just said sayonara to every single one of our vets.

So chill the out, you losers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes can make a big bucket. He’s not clutch, but not a choker either. He also works his ass off in the gym. As long as he fills that Patty Mills role, I don’t hate the deal. Also assuming it’s a 1 to 2 year deal with a low salary.
    I agree, but I mean why not just give Primo a shot at that role first? I don't hate Forbes as depth anyways, he's still under 30 and that's how he's at his best. He played commendable minutes when there were injuries and he was filling a role with us at times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until Pop starts Forbes or gives him huge run over the younger guards, it hasn't happened yet. When Forbes was last on the team, Murray and White were much different players. I'll join you if he starts giving the guy 30 minutes, but it hasn't happened yet and it never will. Believe it or not, Forbes is a great shooter and the team is loading up on those. Believe it or not, he has championship experience. Last I checked, no one on the roster does. Of course the team isn't competing, but believe it or not, Forbes is now a veteran in the league and we just said sayonara to every single one of our vets.

I don't think it is the end of the world. I just find it comical after the minutes usage he got with his last contract here.

I agree that he hasn't been tossed the starter role nor is it telling that he gets 20+ per game going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can think that, just wait til Walker or Vassell mess up on defense and Pop subs in the traffic cone Bryn Forbes. I'm pretty sure Forbes will be the back up PG and if we need a clutch 3, we will most likely run a play for him like we did for Patty. I'd rather see Primo or Trey Jones get minutes

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes gonna take playing time from trey....We already know forbes is limited...why bring him back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having him and McBuckets together would be Forbes/Beli nightmare all over again. Ugh my ulcer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having him and McBuckets together would be Forbes/Beli nightmare all over again. Ugh my ulcer
    More ping pong balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More ping pong balls.
    People wanted to tank...this is what it looks like, folks.

Spurs bring back a guy who was kind of a casual fan "favorite" and gets along with the locker room...then the team will act like you they being compe ive as they lose games enough games for a lottery pick.

Welcome to the rebuild. You can't have it both ways.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you geniuses said Pop was going to lose the Gold Medal and he didn't. All you geniuses. Until Pop starts Forbes or gives him huge run over the younger guards, it hasn't happened yet. When Forbes was last on the team, Murray and White were much different players. I'll join you if he starts giving the guy 30 minutes, but it hasn't happened yet and it never will. Believe it or not, Forbes is a great shooter and the team is loading up on those. Believe it or not, he has championship experience. Last I checked, no one on the roster does. Of course the team isn't competing, but believe it or not, Forbes is now a veteran in the league and we just said sayonara to every single one of our vets.

Forbes has championship experience like Mengke Bateer has championship experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still looking for this too... but we all know that if it's even 1 year, it's going to be 1 year too many, so this is going to be traumatic no matter what.
    Maybe it's a 3 or 4 year deal with demands he starts every game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Forbes was last on the team, Murray and White were much different players.
    Sure, they were still much better than Forbes

I'll join you if he starts giving the guy 30 minutes, but it hasn't happened yet and it never will.
    No you won't

Believe it or not, he has championship experience.

Snifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People wanted to tank...this is what it looks like, folks.

Spurs bring back a guy who was kind of a casual fan "favorite" and gets along with the locker room...then the team will act like you they being compe ive as they lose games enough games for a lottery pick.

Welcome to the rebuild. You can't have it both ways.
    Yep, every move including Bryn coming back is about the rebuild. Choosing the youngest guy in the draft, losing all the vets, signing no 'star players,' this is exactly that- rebuild time. We will lose a lot of games and get an even better draft pick next summer.

Will just need to get used to leaving the arena with that 'we just lost...again' feeling.

Thread Information