My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really used to like Elfrid Payton... he just never took that step

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Just FYI my Dude, I haven't forgotten about your post, but I think it's clear at this point that we gotta wait until the dust fully settles to properly gauge the off-season and trades that went down. I certainly wasn't expecting so much activity, with maybe even more to come. Crossing my fingers that we can get some extra assets for Thad or making the Zollins a S&T...
    lol it’s all good. We know where we stand and I’m hoping they make these additional moves to make things make more sense. I’m excited for the season though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they don’t take, it will take them decades to be anything special again
    If they only tank without getting one borderline all star it will take them longer to figure things out. A “one year tank” is the way to go. This way they have the ability to have:

1. a borderline allstar
    2. a top pick from the one year of tanking
    3. One of the current players developing into one of the next “big 3”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the only official moves done are the 2nd rounder/Hutchinson and the McDermott with the free trade exception for another team, right?

Remember how the Spurs couldn't afford to do the offer sheet for John Collins because they couldn't wait until today to know for sure?

Got to get those great deals signed ... Eventually

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would flip Aminu for Bagley. Former 2nd round pic, talented.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the only official moves done are the 2nd rounder/Hutchinson and the McDermott with the free trade exception for another team, right?

Remember how the Spurs couldn't afford to do the offer sheet for John Collins because they couldn't wait until today to know for sure?

Got to get those great deals signed ... Eventually
    I wonder if Chandler Hutchinson is going to be waived? Usually the spurs do some sort of welcoming guys via social media and there hasn’t been anything on chandler

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs social media has only formally said goodbye and thank you to Gay and Lyles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs social media has only formally said goodbye and thank you to Gay and Lyles.
    And they’ve only welcomed Doug McBuckets I think. You would think the bulls trade would have been announced on there already or the Bryn Forbes signing because he was a fan favorite for a lot of casual fans in SA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they’ve only welcomed Doug McBuckets I think. You would think the bulls trade would have been announced on there already or the Bryn Forbes signing because he was a fan favorite for a lot of casual fans in SA
    Yes, a trade is in the works. I don't even think Hutchinson was ever welcomed although I'm really sure that officially went through so he must be getting waived immediately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we’re looking at social media, then Thad Young and Aminu aren’t becoming Spurs. Neither has acknowledged the trade to become a Spur and hasn’t followed the Spurs account. Meanwhile, Zach Collins HAS followed the Spurs and some Spurs players on IG and his signing (or trade?) hasn’t become official either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, a trade that makes sense is Eubanks to Portland for Collins. It follows the trend of “classy moves” by sending Eubanks to his hometown. Include Aminu to make the salaries work if it doesnt.

then send away Young for a 1st rd pick somewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If spurs could some how get a first rnd pick for thad that would be great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, a trade that makes sense is Eubanks to Portland for Collins. It follows the trend of “classy moves” by sending Eubanks to his hometown. Include Aminu to make the salaries work if it doesnt.

Apparently Phoenix is interested in him for Saric and Smith. Wouldn't that be something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently Phoenix is interested in him for Saric and Smith. Wouldn't that be something.
    Come on, Brian...before they sober up!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on, Brian...before they sober up!
    Ha. Or before RC stops drinking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wait, you're talking about Zollins, right? Why would the Spurs "trade" for him and lose Eubanks when they can sign him outright? Dumping Aminu wouldn't be nearly worth it... Or maybe a POR 1st coming our way...? With Dame firing shots at the FO and hinting at leaving in the near future, their picks could certainly shoot up in value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't saric tear his ACL in the finals?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying that Phoenix is interested in Aminu or Young?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saric will probably out for the season. So he's just a salary filler though he's on the books for 2 years. Smith would be the main prize to take a gamble on. Lotto pick that didn't get much burn due to the Suns being good for once. 6'10 forward, I'd take a gamble on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, you're talking about Zollins, right? Why would the Spurs "trade" for him and lose Eubanks when they can sign him outright? Dumping Aminu wouldn't be nearly worth it... Or maybe a POR 1st coming our way...? With Dame firing shots at the FO and hinting at leaving in the near future, their picks could certainly shoot up in value.
    no idea, man. Same reason why McDermott ended up being a trade than an outright signing, probably. Honestly, Eubanks is not much of a loss. His future on this team was always as a third string C. Reason I chose him is to open up roster slots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you saying that Phoenix is interested in Aminu or Young?
    this is what I found:

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2...icks-off-vegas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Spurs flip Thad Young for Saric and Jalen Smith ... Smith looked good in his first Vegas SL game ... same position as Samanic and Smith adds another year before extension eligibility ... if this happens, Samanic is going to be traded out at some point! A Jalen Smith/Jock Landale combo in transition with Jones and Vassell on the Second Unit would be so fun!! Run other teams second units off the court!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Young for another player with a multi-year salary means that you have less space to sign a star player. I'm not saying don't do it, but that is giving up cap space, which the Spurs should only do if they really want the player and it is a clear upgrade to the point that you will give up on the outlier possibility of getting an all star in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would much rather a first than Jalen Smith tbh…but SA doesn’t need to trade Eubanks for roster spots; that doesnt make as much sense to me. Of course they could, just saying that 2 of the players they acquired are likely to be waived for 2 roster spots (Aminu + Hutch) and between KBD and Jeffries they can get to the spots they need I believe without needing to trade Eubanks. But of course they totally could do that if they were going to cut him anyways.

But as a few of us have been speaking about for a week or so now; it seems likely these other moves are getting expanded or at least trying to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading Young for another player with a multi-year salary means that you have less space to sign a star player. I'm not saying don't do it, but that is giving up cap space, which the Spurs should only do if they really want the player and it is a clear upgrade to the point that you will give up on the outlier possibility of getting an all star in a trade.

This is true, but if ZCollins turns out non guaranteed next year (as he should be) and SA needs to, they hopefully can trade Doug too and open that space right back (but I dont like being in that position for no good reason).

Thread Information