Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe Bryant doesn't rule out signing a new deal with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2016 depending on what happens with the team in free agency.

"I've been very lucky," Bryant told Yahoo. "There's not too many organizations that come around like the Lakers. There aren't owners that come around like Jerry Buss. Now, Jim and Jeanie. They're really committed to this. They're really hungry for this.

"I could've easily been stuck with an organization somewhere that doesn't have great management, doesn't have a great owner – that only cares about the bottom line. Who knows the situation that I'd be in?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kobe on the hornets would be remembered less than T-MacPERIOD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

do it Mitch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers will have to give Kirby a 2 year, $80 million contract with the new TV deal.

NBA ed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe
    Randle
    Stanley Johnson

that's a scary line up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe
    Randle
    Stanley Johnson

that's a scary line up
    For the 76ers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers need to let go. He's done.

Best case scenario is he averages what he's averaging now, which is not helping the Lakers win games because he's about the worst perimeter defender in the league. That won't be worth his 10 million per year asking price.

And how will their young talent develop with him still taking 18-20 shots per game and/or dominating the ball?

I don't even know what on court value Kobe brings at this stage of his career aside from box office.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Told ya's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes you happy?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This makes you happy?
    Of course, but, it takes two to tango, and "they" meaning Buss ownership may be part of a conspiracy to black ball Bryant after the contract expires. He's a prime candidate to get black listed. Probably 50/50 to 60/40 right now to get such treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, but, it takes two to tango, and "they" meaning Buss ownership may be part of a conspiracy to black ball Bryant after the contract expires. He's a prime candidate to get black listed. Probably 50/50 to 60/40 right now to get such treatment.
    Why would you want him back if he's an overall detriment to the team's future?

Like we said, he can't move on defense. 25, 5, 5 all you want, but he gives that up on the other end just the same.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Like we said, he can't move on defense. 25, 5, 5 all you want, but he's gives that up on the other end just the same.
    Because I identify with Kobe's discourse, I understand it, relish it. I've loved seeing him slip thru the "metal detectors" and attain his goals and he's still slipping thru and pursuing them.

He is not why we're terrible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like we said, he can't move on defense. 25, 5, 5 all you want, but he gives that up on the other end just the same.
    Lakers are still making a cold billion on big part thanks to kobe

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lakers are still making a cold billion on big part thanks to kobe
    That's the business end though and I do not consider this in my affair with Kobe...though Cowherd addressed this very point a couple weeks back, and it sounded canned, prepared as if the parent of the Lakers sent over the white paper to be read verbatim.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe in this current form is a detriment to consistent winning. He needs to take a back seat for the Lakers to do anything.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe in this current form is a detriment to consistent winning. He needs to take a back seat for the Lakers to do anything.
    He's holding his end up at 25-5-5. Ain't nobody stopping anybody else from grabbing holt of the other end of the log and comin' on. Go on, chop/chop.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they should resign lin too and nash why not

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    I gotta commend Kobe for still keeping his pimp hand strong.

From the moment he said you Hornets as a teenager, all the way to 2016 as a near 40 year old, this man was always alpha and commanded respect. While players of his generation, the Iversons and the Arenas of the NBA got blackballed, Kobe remained alpha and in charge of his own destiny until the end of his career.

Salute dat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I gotta commend Kobe for still keeping his pimp hand strong.

From the moment he said you Hornets as a teenager, all the way to 2016 as a near 40 year old, this man was always alpha and commanded respect. While players of his generation, the Iversons and the Arenas of the NBA got blackballed, Kobe remained alpha and in charge of his own destiny until the end of his career.

Salute
    And they've come at him numerous times and each time he has indeed re ed them. It got damn close during the rape, nip & tuck. He had the Lear on the LAX tarmac and instead took the charter to Eagle and hired that broad. That in' close to goin' out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's not gonna take a backseat for Randle or whoever the Lakers ends up drafting next year.

2 scenarios.

#1. Lakers continues to suck ass next year, I see the Buss management finally parting ways with Kobe especially after 3 consecutive tumultuous seasons.

#2. Lakers makes off season moves in the summer and miraculously reaches the playoffs in 2016. Buss has no choice but to resign his star player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers need to let go. He's done.

Best case scenario is he averages what he's averaging now, which is not helping the Lakers win games because he's about the worst perimeter defender in the league. That won't be worth his 10 million per year asking price.

And how will their young talent develop with him still taking 18-20 shots per game and/or dominating the ball?

I don't even know what on court value Kobe brings at this stage of his career aside from box office.
    yeah right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Young when Kirby finally retires:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Nick Young when Kirby finally retires:

No, I invented it. It's mine. And it's Diaw carrying that got Duncan to it.

Get your own .

Thread Information