Page 127 of 745 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227627 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If kawhi hated the organization, pop and/or tp, he would demand a trade and list some preferred destinations. The fact that he said la and la only should tell anyone that isnt a dip it’s not about the spurs,especially when la sux and philly and Boston are young, good and interested

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Told you Don is a ing re ...

Booker
    That's an all time take

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are getting murdered as far as PR with players is concerned. I think after this whole thing the chances of anyone ever going to San Antonio is now none.

Not only do you get zero credit in San antonio you also have to play like a slave to pop. Im sure some players deep inside think this way. They need to fix their reputation with players otherwise this team is gonna be lottery bound for 10+ years unlesd they get luck with a rookie.
    I don't know where you are getting you're information, but I have heard horrible PR about Kawhi. The narrative is he is poorly managed and going to lose $80 million and not get traded to the Lakers. Also he is largely being called out for quitting on his team. I've been behind him in the past, but sitting out an entire season, taking $19 million, and then demanding a trade when still under contract is a very poor PR move. He looks like he's being managed by a rank amateur. He would actually be much better off playing his ass off next season and then he'd be free to spend eternity on the Lakers. I think he's just going to lose somewhere between $80 to $100 million and risk suspension for a year. It's actually makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard's group was there to make the most amount of money. Well they have royally screwed that one up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big risk for Leonard "group" will be the Spurs choice to not give up...and then face the training camp and the first part of the regular season.
    This way what will happen after is that:
    1) only if he plays to his old level, he will have the chance to a) play again for the supermax or something near it or b) to still make clear he don't want to re-ign,.
    In case b), if he will mantain his limited list to LAL or LAC, that will be the ultimate evidence he decided to screw the team, so he will be traded to the worst partner possible in the eastern conference at the trade deadline. In this case, considering the impossibility of re-signing with that team, he will give up an incredible amount of money (80 millions) just by contracts, but also the amount you have to pay in taxes to the State of California...plus he will have to sell low the two houses he's building in SA;
    2) if he doesn't play to his old level...next season is gonna be pure for him...'cause he's gonna be exposed on every possible level for every single game he's gonna play..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris does two things well. Can score and can rebound. Everything else is well under par. He cannot guard 3's well enough. He can't guard 4's well enough. He is a poor passer. He has no basketball iq worthy of a good player. He does not know how to rotate properly. Doesn't screen well. He essentially is just a stat guy. You would know that if you watch him play. He has been traded from Bucks to Magic to Pistons to Clippers. He never wins. Has never played a playoff game. Has shot 40% from 3 for the first time in 7 years. Ingram is in the second season and is up to 39% at 16ppg, and guarding the best wing player every night. Not only that but Ingram has 2 years left on his rookie contract and Harris is on a ing expiring contract. May as well get Love and 8. At least Love has played a ing playoff game.
    Had me with the bolded parts. Sounds good to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had me with the bolded parts. Sounds good to me.
    So can Melo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are getting murdered as far as PR with players is concerned. I think after this whole thing the chances of anyone ever going to San Antonio is now none.

Not only do you get zero credit in San antonio you also have to play like a slave to pop. Im sure some players deep inside think this way. They need to fix their reputation with players otherwise this team is gonna be lottery bound for 10+ years unlesd they get luck with a rookie.
    It’s plenty of players that wished they played for San Antonio; The Spurs aren’t done yet.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big risk for Leonard "group" will be the Spurs choice to not give up...and then face the training camp and the first part of the regular season.
    This way what will happen after is that:
    1) only if he plays to his old level, he will have the chance to a) play again for the supermax or something near it or b) to still make clear he don't want to re-ign,.
    In case b), if he will mantain his limited list to LAL or LAC, that will be the ultimate evidence he decided to screw the team, so he will be traded to the worst partner possible in the eastern conference at the trade deadline. In this case, considering the impossibility of re-signing with that team, he will give up an incredible amount of money (80 millions) just by contracts, but also the amount you have to pay in taxes to the State of California...plus he will have to sell low the two houses he's building in SA;
    2) if he doesn't play to his old level...next season is gonna be pure for him...'cause he's gonna be exposed on every possible level for every single game he's gonna play..
    For those wanting spurs to play hardball & hold of on trading. I concurr but they dont necessarily have to go to that length. They just have inform Kawhis group they going to let it play out into the season. If uncle still wants the most dollars then he will be forced to relax the laker demand. They like the spurs dont want this to drag on.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    If that Boston thing is true Spurs may wind up regretting not taking that call and trading Kawhi last year. No team is going to give up huge assets for a 1 year rental of Kawhi possibly even the Lakers now that Kawhi made his intentions clear. Spurs better get what they can for him and quick because by the NBA trade deadline they won't get anything significant for Kawhi. This situation is pretty damn sad and messy and I don't fault the Spurs organization they have a player on their hands in Kawhi that wants to play in another city and team (Lakers) and is basically being a baby about it. I get it if they want to get the best deal and they should but they better make it known he is on the trade block.

Right now Kawhi is a cancer for this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that Boston thing is true Spurs may wind up regretting not taking that call and trading Kawhi last year. No team is going to give up huge assets for a 1 year rental of Kawhi possibly even the Lakers now that Kawhi made his intentions clear. Spurs better get what they can for him and quick because by the NBA trade deadline they won't get anything significant for Kawhi. This situation is pretty damn sad and messy and I don't fault the Spurs organization they have a player on their hands in Kawhi that wants to play in another city and team (Lakers) and is basically being a baby about it. I get it if they want to get the best deal and they should but they better make it known he is on the trade block.

Spurs didn't know Kawhi had major issues back then. All they did was support Kawhi and his rehab/rest/lengthy New York stay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs didn't know Kawhi had major issues back then. All they did was support Kawhi and his rehab/rest/lengthy New York stay.
    And let's not forget they had the most confidence in him consenting to him and his staff to manage the entire process of rehabilitation for more than a year to the point that he's been not available for the play offs...despite been cleared from the Spurs medical staff a lot of time before.
    Probably this will determine a bad precedent against players and their chance to have a second opinion shared with the team doctors...
    In fact the argument could be made the same as the Isiah Thomas has been made in Kiwhi 's favor...and a point for the nba teams against players will be that teams can't be blackmailed by players under contract (in this case paid 19 millions for this single season).
    From now on, any nba team, when the phisical status of a player will be controversial, will remind what has just happened and will be considered more than legitimate to immediately call the nba for the third decisive opinion...and in case the player refuses to play, he will be sued and, presumibly, suspended indefinitely from the league...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree, you r right but this could be a strategy before the rat and his group filtered out last friday that they want to leave. It has destroyed almost any possibility the organization gets something good.

The worst scenario is suicide as Cleveland did, it was ridiculous. Two options, sign the new contract and fix internal issues or he l 80 million next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if kawaii is traded. and if we get some decent pieces back, is it a good time to go back to moving the ball more?
    We didn't have him last year and the ball didn't move... Matter of fact, Kawhi was there for the beautiful game... LMA wasn't... Then LMA had the team for himself last year, and the ball still didn't move... I see a common theme here...

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I agree, you r right but this could be a strategy before the rat and his group filtered out last friday that they want to leave. It has destroyed almost any possibility the organization gets something good.

The worst scenario is suicide as Cleveland did, it was ridiculous. Two options, sign the new contract and fix internal issues or he l 80 million next year.
    If I am RC I am on the phone to Phoenix tonight begging to send Kawhi for the #1 pick Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If kawhi hated the organization, pop and/or tp, he would demand a trade and list some preferred destinations. The fact that he said la and la only should tell anyone that isnt a dip it’s not about the spurs,especially when la sux and philly and Boston are young, good and interested
    I agree. I would want to be sent to a playoff team with a chance. U would want to believe he isnt that dumb but it seems like it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd tell him I'm not trading him at all. This could be the only way for him to force him to tell Uncle Dennis where to go or to sign extension. He would lose a whole lot of money if he were to pull the same next year & would also mean he would miss 2 seasons of his prime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sit the bag at the end of the bench the entire year and the first time he pulls any crap suspend him without pay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn't have him last year and the ball didn't move... Matter of fact, Kawhi was there for the beautiful game... LMA wasn't... Then LMA had the team for himself last year, and the ball still didn't move... I see a common theme here...
    Tbh, the beautiful game stopped when Kawhi became the focal point. And I don't mind it, he was that great offensively. But don't put it on LMA for killing the beautiful game, it was gone already.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Pop apologize for the public comments questioning his injury and repair the relationship. Our best option is to bring him back. That should be priority number 1 so you continue to build that trust back for as long as you can even if he still walks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Pop apologize for the public comments questioning his injury and repair the relationship. Our best option is to bring him back. That should be priority number 1 so you continue to build that trust back for as long as you can even if he still walks.
    You ready to give him 220M? Pretty sure that's the only thing that will work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi would probably be worth the supermax in a big market. Whether he is on the "Spurs payroll" is questionable. I think the supermax is ironically the bane of small markets.
    It's going to be the bane of the Dubs next year, if Draymond qualified for it, too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You ready to give him 220M? Pretty sure that's the only thing that will work.
    Yes, he’s easily one of the best players in the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Haha. You're an idiot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, he’s easily one of the best players in the world.
    Lol

Thread Information