Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Missed it. Why'd these idiots do the game so early?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Media's love affair with the autist seems to be coming to an end, finally asking the hard hitting questions

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That's nice. Harrell is playing less than 18 mpg in the series (how much less do you think a coach is going to play the 6th man of the year?), so that doesn't explain Jokic's dominance, nor does it in the 3 other series he's played in his career.

There's also politics at play in coaching because they're dealing with human beings, not machines. They're almost certainly winning no matter what, so play Harrell only non Jokic minutes and risk his checking out entirely. He already suffered a significant loss and is a big ego/volatile personality to begin with. This team also lacks leadership and chemistry.
    Glen, is that you?

Clippers lost the last two game by a combined 19 points, Harrell was -28 while Zubac was +16 during that span. Do the math.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lol the mute with the Raps would definitely made the finals again.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    You can blame Doc. You can blame Harrell. But this is not just a player’s league, but a superstar league. Superstars get most of the credit when their teams win. They get most of the blame when their teams lose. That’s the way it goes.

If it were a LeBron led team with a 3-1 series lead going to a game 7, he would catch heat no matter how well he played and no matter how much his coach or teammates ed up.

Some folks believe Kawhi is the best player in the league. He can’t let this type a happen. Not without getting criticized for it. And now, he not only needs to win game 7, but he needs to go nuclear on the Nuggets. Put up a 40 spot. Score 25 in the first half and have your team up 30 at halftime. Have a Jordan moment. , have a Damien Lillard of a month ago moment. is on him now. Win plus be great. Has to be both.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You can blame Doc. You can blame Harrell. But this is not just a player’s league, but a superstar league. Superstars get most of the credit when their teams win. They get most of the blame when their teams lose. That’s the way it goes.

If it were a LeBron led team with a 3-1 series lead going to a game 7, he would catch heat no matter how well he played and no matter how much his coach or teammates ed up.

Some folks believe Kawhi is the best player in the league. He can’t let this type a happen. Not without getting criticized for it. And now, he not only needs to win game 7, but he needs to go nuclear on the Nuggets. Put up a 40 spot. Score 25 in the first half and have your team up 30 at halftime. Have a Jordan moment. , have a Damien Lillard of a month ago moment. is on him now. Win plus be great. Has to be both.
    He will get criticized *IF* the Cripples don’t win Gm 7

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I am expecting the Clippers to win game 7 but I admit it would be very satisfying to see Denver win it based on the crap Kawhi put the Spurs franchise through with wanting to go to LA so bad. Even if Clippers would be a harder match up for Lakers, Kawhi choking this would be very cool. I am not a Kawhi hater but he wanted to be in LA so bad he screwed over two franchises and fan bases. So seeing him lose this game 7, I wouldn't mind it.

Damn. Missed it. Why'd these idiots do the game so early?
    i can't ever catch the afternoon games with my schedule lately, just checking the score on my phone. I can't stand them but the NBA has always done it. Evening games are so much better. I'll definitely be watching the game 7 though, must see.
    Last edited by Chillen; 09-13-2020 at 09:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only team left in the playoffs who doesn't fit that description is the Lakers. Clips/Nugs will probably come down to who hit the most 3's & the same can be said of the Heat/Celtics. LOL, today's NBA.
    Lake Show could sweep the remaining games on the way to the le if they remember to attack the basket.
    Heat play winning ball too. They do a lot of penetrate and dish, and have a fantastic inside player in Bam.

These playoffs have made it painfully obvious that inside play is not dead in the NBA. When the going gets tough, cute pullup 3s stop dropping, and you need a dominant mid-range or inside guy to get easier baskets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glen, is that you?

Clippers lost the last two game by a combined 19 points, Harrell was -28 while Zubac was +16 during that span. Do the math.
    I guarantee if latest great white hope Nurse did the same thing, he's not facing criticism. Just like D'Antoni, another media favorite, had his team flame out in embarrassing fashion in a should have been close series, yet all I've heard is about the supposed amazing job he did for 4 years.

I don't think Zubac has the stamina to give them 40 solid minutes.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Eff the Clippers. Their GM stalked and tampered with Nephew by attending Toronto's home games. They should ESAD in the most humiliating fashion . . . like, by being up, 3-1, in the second round and losing in 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heat play winning ball too. They do a lot of penetrate and dish, and have a fantastic inside player in Bam.

These playoffs have made it painfully obvious that inside play is not dead in the NBA. When the going gets tough, cute pullup 3s stop dropping, and you need a dominant mid-range or inside guy to get easier baskets.
    problem is zubac and harrell dont know when to pass it out when bully ball doesnt equate to baskets...undersized midgets in the key getting exposed...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best outcome possible is that the Nuggets win game 7 and shock the Clippers and Claw and then somehow, someway beat LAL despite being a heavy under-dog. Entire season of watching the sublime NBA as it is today would be worth it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I guarantee if latest great white hope Nurse did the same thing, he's not facing criticism. Just like D'Antoni, another media favorite, had his team flame out in embarrassing fashion in a should have been close series, yet all I've heard is about the supposed amazing job he did for 4 years.

I don't think Zubac has the stamina to give them 40 solid minutes.
    Dwayne Casey was a stubborn idiot like Doc who refused to adjust unlike Nick Nurse when Kevin Love was bludgeoning CJ Miles. Raptors would have been swept by the Celtics if Casey was at the helms.

Harrell’s minutes should be split b/w Zubac (~ +5 minutes) & Green (~ +10 minutes). Dude should only play for the 5 minutes Plumblee is on the floor without Jokic b/c Nuggets actually play them together.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 09-14-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Well, they're doing a ty job of that, because the calls Jokic was getting all game were absurd. Especially early on in the game when he was snapping his head back on every play and getting rewarded for it.
    just curious - are you against flopping?

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    NBA officials pick and choose what to call too arbitrarily too often. One star player gets away with something that 95% of the league wouldn’t get away with. Kawhi pushes off with his off arm on nearly every single one of his drives. Guys like LeBron and Freak get to take 4-5 steps instead of 2 1/2. Lowry can lower his shoulder into his defender’s chest with no call because he’s not a “big” but he gets a tiny chicken wing at the other end and he flies 10 feet off the ground and gets the charge.

How did flopping become so prevalent? Because refs let certain players get away with too much. James Harden nearly perfected the exaggerated head snap and field goal arms to force the refs to blow the whistle. Of course other players are going to do the same seeing how effective it has been to get those foul calls and cheap free throws. There are times during these games it’s a race on what team and which players can make the most egregious flop that gets a whistle. As good a defender as he is without flopping, PJ Tucker probably wins last round. Watch how many charges he takes where his body is already falling down before physical contact is even made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dwayne Casey was a stubborn idiot like Doc who refused to adjust unlike Nick Nurse when Kevin Love was bludgeoning CJ Miles. Raptors would have been swept by the Celtics if Casey was at the helms.

Harrell’s minutes should be split b/w Zubac (~ +5 minutes) & Green (~ +10 minutes). Dude should only play for the 5 minutes Plumblee is on the floor without Jokic b/c Nuggets actually play them together.
    Green specially. Even at the start of the season green was a dog in tough games. Harrell and Lou would feast on already down and dead opponents or lazy teams so it fooled everyone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Worshipping Nurse, the unethical self promoter, who's done nothing but catch breaks since he wormed his way into the job. Continued to put the ball in Siakam's hands and have him face up from the perimeter while being defended by two elite perimeter defenders, who were up under him forcing turnovers. Also, 19 minutes for a washed looking/poor match-up Gasol in game 7 . . . but he's a genius because of an elementary defense vs a decimated team.

They might go to that in game 7, but I don't think any coach was limiting the 6th man of the year to 8-10 mpg throughout a series that they're almost certainly winning either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Morris play, I'm glad as a Spurs fan we didn't sign him. The dude fleeced $20 million from NY. What does the guy do that's good? He scores like 2-5 points a game, gets lit up by star players, and talks like he's a big reason why the Clippers are winning. Just another Brad Stevens made product tht can't produce once he leaves Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA officials pick and choose what to call too arbitrarily too often. One star player gets away with something that 95% of the league wouldn’t get away with. Kawhi pushes off with his off arm on nearly every single one of his drives. Guys like LeBron and Freak get to take 4-5 steps instead of 2 1/2. Lowry can lower his shoulder into his defender’s chest with no call because he’s not a “big” but he gets a tiny chicken wing at the other end and he flies 10 feet off the ground and gets the charge.

How did flopping become so prevalent? Because refs let certain players get away with too much. James Harden nearly perfected the exaggerated head snap and field goal arms to force the refs to blow the whistle. Of course other players are going to do the same seeing how effective it has been to get those foul calls and cheap free throws. There are times during these games it’s a race on what team and which players can make the most egregious flop that gets a whistle. As good a defender as he is without flopping, PJ Tucker probably wins last round. Watch how many charges he takes where his body is already falling down before physical contact is even made.
    Don't forget about LeBron's stiff arm drives...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching Morris play, I'm glad as a Spurs fan we didn't sign him. The dude fleeced $20 million from NY. What does the guy do that's good? He scores like 2-5 points a game, gets lit up by star players, and talks like he's a big reason why the Clippers are winning. Just another Brad Stevens made product tht can't produce once he leaves Boston.
    I don't like Morris but statistically he has been the Clippers third best player during the playoffs. He's a POS but he's still a good role player. If he didn't bail on the Spurs they probably would have made it to the playoffs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kawhi and PG have picked up the Snap your head back flops Harden perfected. Tucker flops a ton and Jokic flails a bunch too. Yes Lebron Giannis Harden travel and KL pushes his shoulder in to his defender and or pushes off with impunity. Always been a star's league. My only issue is when a Harden shoots more Fts then the other team when half of those FTAs were generated by flops or him barreling in to defenders.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Worshipping Nurse, the unethical self promoter, who's done nothing but catch breaks since he wormed his way into the job. Continued to put the ball in Siakam's hands and have him face up from the perimeter while being defended by two elite perimeter defenders, who were up under him forcing turnovers. Also, 19 minutes for a washed looking/poor match-up Gasol in game 7 . . . but he's a genius because of an elementary defense vs a decimated team.
    Yeah, Lowry should have taken 39 shots a game. Unlike Montrez, the Raptors weren’t going to win without Siakam scoring otherwise Van Vleet would have dribbled out the clock & shot an air ball. But in any case, Siakam/Gasol were playing stifling defense which is what kept them in the series.

They might go to that in game 7, but I don't think any coach was limiting the 6th man of the year to 8-10 mpg throughout a series that they're almost certainly winning either way.
    Harrell is a s of himself, dude was eating donuts during the quarantine & can barely make a layup in traffic let alone playing any semblance of defense. When the Clippers basically lost due to Nuggets making a runs with Montrez on the floor then there is no excuse for playing him against freaking Jokic even for 5 minutes. Once the Nuggets get rolling they have shown repeatedly in this postseason that they are difficult to stop. This reminds me of Poop matching up Diaw against Kanter when he was getting eaten alive REPEATEDLY.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like Morris but statistically he has been the Clippers third best player during the playoffs. He's a POS but he's still a good role player. If he didn't bail on the Spurs they probably would have made it to the playoffs.
    I must be bad luck for him. Bc I've only seen 2 Clipper games and it was game 6 vs Denver and Game 4 vs Dallas

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Don't forget about LeBron's stiff arm drives...
    There are other examples. I just gave a couple.

I don’t know that I’ve noticed LeBron with a stiff arm that often. But Kawhi definitely uses a push off a lot. He rarely extends his arm all the way, which is why I think he doesn’t ever get called for it. But his off arm is significant enough to still get his defender off balanced most of the time. But that’s just what I’ve seen.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    There are other examples. I just gave a couple.

I don’t know that I’ve noticed LeBron with a stiff arm that often. But Kawhi definitely uses a push off a lot. He rarely extends his arm all the way, which is why I think he doesn’t ever get called for it. But his off arm is significant enough to still get his defender off balanced most of the time. But that’s just what I’ve seen.
    Jordan literally shoved Russell for a championship clincher & same with Reggie pushing his defenders including Jorn to get open.

Lillard/Doncic/Carmelo/Softridge also push off on their drives when the go for a stepback. Kemba/Curry are only ones that I don’t see using the forearm shove to create separation.

Thread Information