Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Friggin’ pilot error man... dumb ass flew low into fog, misread his instruments, became disoriented and smashed into a mountainside. He should have never put those people in danger like that. He could have landed in Van Nuys. Extremely unprofessional. That idiot pilot destroyed 3 families.

Just outrageous.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe in his grave...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Friggin’ pilot error man... dumb ass flew low into fog, misread his instruments, became disoriented and smashed into a mountainside. He should have never put those people in danger like that. He could have landed in Van Nuys. Extremely unprofessional. That idiot pilot destroyed 3 families.

Just outrageous.
    How do we know that? How do we know Kobe wasn't pushing him to do it? When job security is an issue, you will stand on your head if your employer tells you to.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How do we know that? How do we know Kobe wasn't pushing him to do it? When job security is an issue, you will stand on your head if your employer tells you to.
    What’s with this stupid narrative the pilots boss was forcing the pilot to fly into dangerous conditions?

Even if that was the case, and even if there was technical failure, the pilot still had no business flying that low in the fog and endangering everybody on board. Very unprofessional mistake. The pilot should’ve recognize the danger, put her down in Van Nuys. And called for a car service to Calabasas. Helicopter pilots do it all the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still hard to believe today. .

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

Clearly the right decision. It would not have been fair to expect the Lakers to play such an important game so soon after this tragedy.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TMac on The Jump saying that Kobe used to tell him he wanted to die young. Wanted to be immortalized. Sounds about right for a guy that was always obsessed with his image.

Guessing that changed for him once he had daughters and a wife to live for though.
    He wouldn't have chosen to die young either way.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Clearly the right decision. It would not have been fair to expect the Lakers to play such an important game so soon after this tragedy.
    Opposite. Clippers would have been treated as villain/enemy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic has been HIV-positive since 91 and he's still alive.
    Probably the reason we saw Laker players as immortal beings, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What’s with this stupid narrative the pilots boss was forcing the pilot to fly into dangerous conditions?

Even if that was the case, and even if there was technical failure, the pilot still had no business flying that low in the fog and endangering everybody on board. Very unprofessional mistake. The pilot should’ve recognize the danger, put her down in Van Nuys. And called for a car service to Calabasas. Helicopter pilots do it all the time.
    This. Safety of the aircraft and passengers is first priority...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still will be but you can't play that game its to soon... Besides I want George back anyway... But tbh I really don't care about this season maybe it will change but I don't right now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still will be but you can't play that game its to soon... Besides I want George back anyway... But tbh I really don't care about this season maybe it will change but I don't right now
    Killa, my man. As one of the OG laker fans on the board, I hope you're holding up well...

If this happened to Timmy or Manu, I'd be pretty f'n beat up even if I don't know those guys at all tbh.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Lakers were the ones who requested to postpone the game, though. It's just tough to ask that team to get prepared for a basketball game after spending the day with grief counselors. More than anyone else, the Lakers need time to mourn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually lost some sleep on this one. Still dumbfounded and befuddled AF.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you can't play this game until Kobe's burial when Laker fans can finally say goodbye. Hope you can start enjoying the season again at some point though. At least enjoy this clip man. Probably the greatest game I have ever seen anyone have against the Spurs, and I have been watching them since the tail end of Ice's career.

Last edited by baseline bum; 01-27-2020 at 07:39 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Been having messed up thoughts all day. s so ed up.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Just saw a replay of the TMac segment on NBA jump... fuuuuck...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw a replay of the TMac segment on NBA jump... fuuuuck...
    Damn that was rough when he was talking about watching Gigi play. For anyone who hasn't seen it:

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah you can't play this game until Kobe's burial when Laker fans can finally say goodbye. Hope you can start enjoying the season again at some point though. At least enjoy this clip man. Probably the greatest game I have ever seen anyone have against the Spurs, and I have been watching them since the tail end of Ice's career.

Ghost fouls galore. I always take Kobe's "legacy" with a grain of salt. WWE basketball was peak when he played.

11:02 To see all Kobe's bricks from outside the paint.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 01-27-2020 at 08:29 PM.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

yeah I can't believe so many guys here hated on Kobe for years. Outside of Jordan, who's been better on both ends of the floor at that position? I know he gets a lot of flack for the legacy defensive awards he got later in his career, but he was an elite defender in the early 2000's. He s all over Harden tbh. , just in this game alone he throws it down on Duncan/Robinson four times.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn that was rough when he was talking about watching Gigi play. For anyone who hasn't seen it:

Watched this today too. ing heartbreaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Man that's just magnificent to watch now, years later. Funny to think how badly i hated him as a 12 year old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A way they could honor him is to permanently change the shot clock to 24.8 seconds.

It would forever be a part of everything single game without a drastic change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah I can't believe so many guys here hated on Kobe for years. Outside of Jordan, who's been better on both ends of the floor at that position? I know he gets a lot of flack for the legacy defensive awards he got later in his career, but he was an elite defender in the early 2000's. He s all over Harden tbh. , just in this game alone he throws it down on Duncan/Robinson four times.
    I'm not going to lie, I ing hated him in that era. And I think Kobe was thrilled with how much Spurs fans hated him. Used to make my blood boil when he'd get y before a game and talk about how much he loved playing in the Alamodome. And yet he was always one of my favorite players in the game to watch, especially living in LA and getting to see that ridiculous run they went on in the first half of the 00s every night on KCAL or Fox Sports West. Now that he's gone I can't really use the schtick I trolled Lakers fans here for years with about him being just another role player to Shaq when he's really the guy who murdered the Spurs for years. But yeah you couldn't be a basketball fan and not enjoy watching the man play, even when it's against your team.

Thread Information