Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s just it you stone deaf fool. I’m not claiming to have any moral authority of my own - I’m simply pointing to GOD’s.
    i mean a second ago you said we cant understand god but now you know what his views are on hot button political issues

you either know what god's moral compass is or you dont. you are certain of what god's view is on abortions but when pressed on things like disease and war... "eh, we dont understand god"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean a second ago you said we cant understand god but now you know what his views are on hot button political issues

you either know what god's moral compass is or you dont. you are certain of what god's view is on abortions but when pressed on things like disease and war... "eh, we dont understand god"
    It's his own thoughts, which he conveniently puts behind this imaginary god mantra because otherwise it's just another opinion and no better than anyone else's. It's incredibly transparent.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You all: we don’t believe in GOD

Also you all: GOD’s character is how we deem it to be
    You don't have to be an atheist to be pro choice. Devout Christians selectively flout scripture every day.

They love to condemn the "sins" that are easy for them to avoid.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    phenom helped release demons if you recall.

go ahead, phenom. tell what happened with a ouija board.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Pretty sure god could have influenced the Roe v. Wade ruling if he really hated abortion so much

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off. Chill out! That is largely why I avoid the vitriol in here. You all are like the House 'Intelligence' Committee - you all make up the rules as you all go along and gang up on opposing viewpoints. Then you all gleefully high-five each other with a false sense of bravado as if any of this means anything. THIS board is not as important as you all deem it to be. IF I am even answering any of this banter at all is because we all have more time on our hands with the self-quarantine in effect.

Sure you are. You even claim to speak for your own god, that's how far the delusion goes. Millions also claim to to understand Allah's, not your god, supreme and righteous justice, and speak for him. Then all of you think you're enlightened because your read fairy tales from books written by other humans, who, I might add, also think they talked to or speak for god. So spare me the bull , if this would be a new cult, you'll be handed some Clozapine and sent home, if not locked up eventually.
    I'm not claiming special revelation here. Millions of Christians worldwide understand the question of pain and suffering in the context of eternity as I do. Your refusal to accept any explanation as a valid one stems more from your overall refusal to accept GOD's existence, and not because my response is or isn't a logical answer to that question.

In the end if I'm wrong about my beliefs nothing happens. But if you are wrong you won't get a chance at a re-do. Meanwhile, we each live out our lives as we please, right? Except that is the problem; many of you here would rather Christians shut up, be locked up or that a bullet go through our heads - in various degrees of contempt and repudiation. You all absolutely hate Christianity in any shape, form or fashion. How many times have you all told me that Christians need to be silenced? That our worldview needs to be censured and eradicated? How many times has boutons_deux advocated for the 'elimination' of religious folk? He and others here have threatened me more times than I can remember. Others, have even acted on that threat and attempted to hurt my livelihood. That's why Freedom of Religion is guaranteed by our Cons ution. Our right to religious expression is at the top of the list of the Bill of Rights. Why? Largely because the founding fathers understood that people like you all are a threat to the stability of our social structure - a structure which was built on Biblical truths. IF eradicated, the exceptionalism of our society would inevitably collapse - the concept of individual accountability would be eliminated - and moral relativism would reign supreme.

And let's not gloss over the fact that no matter what you claim you came here for, you were quick to drop your political pet peeves in the name of some butthurt, schizo god. I'm shaking my head how you pretend to even know what your god motives are. Much less how you even think you can shake your head at anybody when it comes to your own god, of which you know nothing about. You got second and third hand accounts from people you don't know or even pretend to know. I read science fiction all the time, I don't shake my head at anybody because they don't understand why the Klingons are bad people. Nor should any sane person.
    You claim to disbelieve in GOD because in your mind IF HE were real then HE wouldn't allow plights like disease to ravage mankind. But your case relies on a very limited understanding of our world. Including limitations of your own sense of justice, limitations in knowledge (or are you claiming omniscience?), limitations in your power and authority over nature. Your very framework EXCLUDES the truth because you have already rejected the Truth Himself, JESUS. HE said HE was "The Way, the Truth and the Life" and that "no one would come to the Father except through HIM". By rejecting JESUS, you have blinded yourself and rejected divine TRUTH. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" Romans 1:22

The answer for why disease and other consequences of 'the fall' exist (e.g. weeds/famine/natural disasters/predator-prey-relationship/entropy/death/etc...) are given in Scripture. You however, refuse to accept that answer because it comes from a source that you reject. I've given an answer/explanation to that question plenty of times but you have decided to blow it off and instead place words in my mouth (reductio ad absurdum style). Like when have I advocated for mass shootings? The counterarguments in here are ridiculous. I haven't skirted anything. I've just come to an understanding that you all clearly don't want to engage in true discourse. You all are in it simply for the kicks.

The answer to that age-old question is that GOD cares more about our eternity with HIM than any plight or tribulation we may face here on earth. IF our troubles draw us to seek HIM or closer to HIM then the suffering is worth the prize. Again, you may believe this all to be gobbledygook - and you are en led to hold that view - but your assertion that Christians don't know their own GOD is a self-serving delusion.

In the context of an eternal timeline what are 80 years or even 100 years of human life-expectancy? How does one compare an ephemeral moment of pain and suffering here on earth against a divine backdrop that is free of pain/suffering/anguish/fear for all eternity? We were all given free-will, and with that volition comes accountability for our choices. Some people have "evil, and think evil continuously" in their hearts; they inflict pain and suffering on others.

This might be a rudimentary metaphor but the concept is valid. IF GOD were a car manufacturer you are essentially blaming HIM for the death and havoc created by drunk drivers when THEY choose to get behind the wheel. Ultimately, those people should be held accountable for their irresponsible actions. IF this virus was unleashed upon the world because the Chinese government has repeatedly failed to address the unhygienic nature of wet-markets, how is any of that GOD's fault? We've understood germ theory for the better part of 100 years. They should know better. How many more viruses will the world tolerate (SARS, Swine Flu (H1N1), CoViD-19)? It would be like playing with fire, then blaming GOD for why the fire burns. The red herring cast by Will Hunting's dart (in response to my initial inquiry) was essentially a non-sequitur. His prompted bias in claiming that GOD was somehow responsible for CoViD-19 demonstrated a failure to even understand the nature of the GOD that Christians believe in.

But you should be free to believe in whatever you want. What you're not free to do is come here and think we're gonna take that your high horse bull based on your delusion is some kind of revelation. I won't. I get it, you're a fanatic that needs help, that's no excuse.

And of course you have to close up your argument dropping your political pet peeve again It doesn't work like that. You don't get to make an argument for your god, you can tell him to show up and make him himself, or you're simply talking for yourself and out of your ass. You also have zero authority to define who has a moral high ground for anything. You don't get to appoint yourself the arbiter of anything because you read fairy tales, period.
    I didn't come in here for any other reason (despite your flimsy claim to know my motives); I simply asked a question about the conflation of coronavirus and influenza deaths. One which quickly devolved into this long-time argument about GOD's existence. It's funny you claim any moral position at all and then you follow that statement with an erroneous take on my motives. Like you can't even get that right.

After the conversation devolved I pointed out the inconsistency of your collective position on the abortion issue. I know the board leftists in here hate the fact that I keep calling you all out on being 'perfectly fine' with humanity aborting over 50 million humans PER YEAR. I will continue to point out the absurdity of your pro-abortion position so long as you continue to cling to it.

I also don't care if your view of GOD unjustly blames HIM for the consequences of man's choices. But again, if your view of abortion allows for infanticide (you have yet to deny that your Democratic Party overlords have shifted towards that indefensible position) THEN how can you claim objectivity on any moral matter?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh man, he put quotes around "intelligence"

such a witty badass

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    God damn, his post is rife with the typical logical fallacies bible thumpers use.

My favorite part is him using Pascal’s wager. Pretty sure if the Muslims are right about the god Allah then atheists aren’t in anywhere near the kind of deep that Christians are in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, his post is rife with the typical logical fallacies bible thumpers use.

My favorite part is him using Pascal’s wager. Pretty sure if the Muslims are right about the god Allah then atheists aren’t in anywhere near the kind of deep that Christians are in.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My favorite part was when he tried to claim that we advocate for Christians to be quiet about their beliefs. Which is bull , we put up with way stupider crap here. And some it is are Christian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

one of the better descriptions of atheism i've heard is that christians reject every single religion that has ever existed except one and atheists simply reject one more than they do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the better descriptions of atheism i've heard is that christians reject every single religion that has ever existed except one and atheists simply reject one more than they do
    Phenom's gonna get really butthurt to hear you quote Richard Dawkins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phenom's gonna get really butthurt to hear you quote Richard Dawkins.
    ah, yeah, it was dawkins

couldnt quite remember the source. fwiw dawkins is a prick and his at ude gets in his way quite a bit, such that he's reduced to preaching to the choir

extremely intelligent/articulate tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah, yeah, it was dawkins

couldnt quite remember the source
    Boy are you in for a diatribe.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    At what point does he start mentioning modern day bananas as proof of a creator?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At what point does he start mentioning modern day bananas as proof of a creator?
    the atheist's nightmare
    RD2191

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love that you all collectively wallow in smugness and dismissiveness as if THAT somehow validates your unbelief.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love that you wallow in smugness and dismissiveness as if THAT somehow validates your belief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except I haven’t been dismissive. You’re lying. I tried to address the points that I saw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When have you actually ever brought a legitimate argument to the table anyways? (Now I’m going to be deliberately and specifically dismissive towards you). You only ever seem to show up with darts, tangential red herrings and quips. You never explain anything. Your positions are vague and you always leave yourself enough room to wiggle out of any argument you don’t like. How fun.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could sit here and write a book about my journey in and out of the Christian faith, but I'll keep it short. I was indoctrinated as a kid, went my own way as a teen and into college, came back again in my 20's, ran through several different denominations, oversaw several different ministries, studied extensively many different theological viewpoints and studied the Bible back to the best versions of original language available for those scriptures, believed God was leading me and was speaking to me(not audibly but more feeling/intuition based), thought my prayers were the reason things happened for people...again...I could go on and on.

Two things happened that made my faith crumble...first, I was too fact based in my thinking to keep blindly believing faith based ideas. There was a lot that didn't add up and the "well God is mysterious/all things with God are possible" line got harder and harder to swallow. That leads into the second thing...the internet age which allowed information to be accessed that I didn't have before and unlike my brethren, I was open minded enough to read and consider it over what I had always been told to think. There was just way too much evidence that led me to understand that Christianity was just like what Christians said other religions were...a bunch of things made up by people to provide a level of psychological comfort while simultaneously controlling them.

Afterwards I spent countless hours showing fellow Christians the things I had come to understand but I wouldn't get far into the conversation before cognitive dissonance set in and they simply shut down and wouldn't hear anything else I have to say. I figured out you can't make someone leave their faith. They have to already a seed of uncertainty planted for the tree of reality to grow. Sagan was right...it's simply too painful for them to admit that this thing they believe in and rely on day to day is a lie like every other faith. It was plenty tough for me to admit too, but authenticity became more important than the feeling of loss I had to process when I walked away.

Oh...and before the card gets played...let me guess...I was never really saved, right?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    First off. Chill out! That is largely why I avoid the vitriol in here. You all are like the House 'Intelligence' Committee - you all make up the rules as you all go along and gang up on opposing viewpoints. Then you all gleefully high-five each other with a false sense of bravado as if any of this means anything. THIS board is not as important as you all deem it to be. IF I am even answering any of this banter at all is because we all have more time on our hands with the self-quarantine in effect.

I'm not claiming special revelation here. Millions of Christians worldwide understand the question of pain and suffering in the context of eternity as I do. Your refusal to accept any explanation as a valid one stems more from your overall refusal to accept GOD's existence, and not because my response is or isn't a logical answer to that question.

In the end if I'm wrong about my beliefs nothing happens. But if you are wrong you won't get a chance at a re-do. Meanwhile, we each live out our lives as we please, right? Except that is the problem; many of you here would rather Christians shut up, be locked up or that a bullet go through our heads - in various degrees of contempt and repudiation. You all absolutely hate Christianity in any shape, form or fashion. How many times have you all told me that Christians need to be silenced? That our worldview needs to be censured and eradicated? How many times has boutons_deux advocated for the 'elimination' of religious folk? He and others here have threatened me more times than I can remember. Others, have even acted on that threat and attempted to hurt my livelihood. That's why Freedom of Religion is guaranteed by our Cons ution. Our right to religious expression is at the top of the list of the Bill of Rights. Why? Largely because the founding fathers understood that people like you all are a threat to the stability of our social structure - a structure which was built on Biblical truths. IF eradicated, the exceptionalism of our society would inevitably collapse - the concept of individual accountability would be eliminated - and moral relativism would reign supreme.

You claim to disbelieve in GOD because in your mind IF HE were real then HE wouldn't allow plights like disease to ravage mankind. But your case relies on a very limited understanding of our world. Including limitations of your own sense of justice, limitations in knowledge (or are you claiming omniscience?), limitations in your power and authority over nature. Your very framework EXCLUDES the truth because you have already rejected the Truth Himself, JESUS. HE said HE was "The Way, the Truth and the Life" and that "no one would come to the Father except through HIM". By rejecting JESUS, you have blinded yourself and rejected divine TRUTH. "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" Romans 1:22

The answer for why disease and other consequences of 'the fall' exist (e.g. weeds/famine/natural disasters/predator-prey-relationship/entropy/death/etc...) are given in Scripture. You however, refuse to accept that answer because it comes from a source that you reject. I've given an answer/explanation to that question plenty of times but you have decided to blow it off and instead place words in my mouth (reductio ad absurdum style). Like when have I advocated for mass shootings? The counterarguments in here are ridiculous. I haven't skirted anything. I've just come to an understanding that you all clearly don't want to engage in true discourse. You all are in it simply for the kicks.

The answer to that age-old question is that GOD cares more about our eternity with HIM than any plight or tribulation we may face here on earth. IF our troubles draw us to seek HIM or closer to HIM then the suffering is worth the prize. Again, you may believe this all to be gobbledygook - and you are en led to hold that view - but your assertion that Christians don't know their own GOD is a self-serving delusion.

In the context of an eternal timeline what are 80 years or even 100 years of human life-expectancy? How does one compare an ephemeral moment of pain and suffering here on earth against a divine backdrop that is free of pain/suffering/anguish/fear for all eternity? We were all given free-will, and with that volition comes accountability for our choices. Some people have "evil, and think evil continuously" in their hearts; they inflict pain and suffering on others.

This might be a rudimentary metaphor but the concept is valid. IF GOD were a car manufacturer you are essentially blaming HIM for the death and havoc created by drunk drivers when THEY choose to get behind the wheel. Ultimately, those people should be held accountable for their irresponsible actions. IF this virus was unleashed upon the world because the Chinese government has repeatedly failed to address the unhygienic nature of wet-markets, how is any of that GOD's fault? We've understood germ theory for the better part of 100 years. They should know better. How many more viruses will the world tolerate (SARS, Swine Flu (H1N1), CoViD-19)? It would be like playing with fire, then blaming GOD for why the fire burns. The red herring cast by Will Hunting's dart (in response to my initial inquiry) was essentially a non-sequitur. His prompted bias in claiming that GOD was somehow responsible for CoViD-19 demonstrated a failure to even understand the nature of the GOD that Christians believe in.

I didn't come in here for any other reason (despite your flimsy claim to know my motives); I simply asked a question about the conflation of coronavirus and influenza deaths. One which quickly devolved into this long-time argument about GOD's existence. It's funny you claim any moral position at all and then you follow that statement with an erroneous take on my motives. Like you can't even get that right.

After the conversation devolved I pointed out the inconsistency of your collective position on the abortion issue. I know the board leftists in here hate the fact that I keep calling you all out on being 'perfectly fine' with humanity aborting over 50 million humans PER YEAR. I will continue to point out the absurdity of your pro-abortion position so long as you continue to cling to it.

I also don't care if your view of GOD unjustly blames HIM for the consequences of man's choices. But again, if your view of abortion allows for infanticide (you have yet to deny that your Democratic Party overlords have shifted towards that indefensible position) THEN how can you claim objectivity on any moral matter?
    lmao gods not real. grow up re

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except I haven’t been dismissive.
    Now I’m going to be deliberately and specifically dismissive

You claim to have exclusive (for here) knowledge of quite a lot of god's will; basically anything that makes god look good in your eyes.

Anything bad you dismiss as unknowable and dismiss any questioning of it whatsoever.

Prove me wrong.

Thread Information