Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NAACP and Michigan Democrat activist groups based out of Detroit have repeatedly tried to sue this year's independently-drawn map citing that the commission drew zero seats with black majorities, only two seats with black pluralities, a gross violation of the VRA, since there are large swaths of Black people located in and around the Detroit metro area as well as Flint.

Here you go, Michigan Dems, ask-and-ye-shall-receive

8-4-1

There you go. Eight safe red seats in a red-trending state; one swing seat trending red, and 4 safe Democrat seats, including 2 black-majority districts, not just black-plurality. Fair map.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 03-24-2022 at 11:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Fair 2020s Map For The Great Chile Pepper State of New Mexico:

1-1-1

- It's more than VRA compliant; ironically the safe GOP seat (NM-02) is the Latino-majority (not just plurality) district. NM-01 has a Hispanic plurality and NM-03 has a significant Native American population.

- Gives Melanie Schmelanie a very safe (D) seat based in ABQ and Santa Fe, the GOP a safe seat in the South with the red-trending Tejano population, and one slightly-leaning Democrat but ultra-compe ive NM-03 district in a slightly red-trending state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting

Even Fairer VERY VRA-Friendly Illinois Map (10-7 Solid) - [but a bit uglier than the last one, admittedly; but fairer]

- Hispanics get a >60% district
    - Blacks get TWO large majority districts (IL-02 at 60% and IL-05 at 70%, respectively)
    - Joliet and DeKalb get represented by Democrats in this edition rather than being packed into red districts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair Map of the Year : Fairest Michigan Map Yet!

(9 - 4 - 0 in rapidly red-trending state)

This is better than the previous Michigan maps I've posted because it shores-up MI-05, all 13 seats are safe for one side or the other; it is very much VRA-friendly and compliant as there are two clearly black-majority districts in MI-12 and MI-13; so the maps cannot be thrown out in court; also, now blue Lansing gets a guaranteed Democrat representative and a home base with the excellently-drawn MI-11. All areas of the beautiful state of Michigan get fair and accurate representation. Honestly, this map is a masterpiece, a true work of art:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Court threw out Democratic gerrymander in Maryland today. Giving the Rust Belt panhandle of Maryland a Democrat representative should be a crime.

Looks like the GOP will be getting that fairly-drawn map after all (with a solid 6-2):

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-2022-maps/maryland/draft_plan_2/
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 03-25-2022 at 09:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BEST Fairest Ohio Map!!!

Solid (11 - 4 - 0) with Democrats getting fair and adequate representation in state, VRA compliant protected district stands, and all of Ohio's redistricting cons utional rules as mentioned previously by Will Hunting have been abided by. This is extremely fair and should be law.

All 11 GOP-leaning districts are safe (R+14 margin or better, and state is trending red in most places outside of Columbus area and Cincinnati). OH-09 pulls in both Lorain and Delaware county so there's a chance it might need to be looked at again come 2030, otherwise it's an excellent map.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Hunting

Big victory for GOP in Ohio (for 2022 only; we'll see about the court elections and what happens beyond there) ; but since the Democrats and Ohio Supreme Court failed to draw a new map in time for primary season, the currently-gerrymandered 12-3 (R) map will be valid for the 2022 election, meaning likely the end of Marcy Kaptur in the Toledo area. Cincinnati could go blue, though.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...022-maps/ohio/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another (small) victory for the GOP in redistricting (@Will Hunting), Louisiana Democrat governor's veto was overridden 72-31, so the 5-1 solid status quo remains in place. Dems have no shot in court there because it's a GOP court and a 5th circuit state.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...aps/louisiana/

The last two weeks have not been particularly great for Democrats in redistricting. GOP governor Chris Sununu going aggressive to flip both seats instead of rolling with the fair solid 1-1 map in New Hampshire. Maryland's going to get a rightful second safe GOP seat. We still don't know what the will happen in Florida. DeSantis going for the gusto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the case is related to but not about redistricting, FL gets put back into preclearance under the VRA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maryland Democrats get a win as they draw a still-gerrymandered and now approved 6-1-1 map with a couple looser blue seats and a pure compe ive seat in the west panhandle which should piss off the mostly red voters there. They shouldn't have been drawn in with part of liberal down state. They should be pissed. Larry Hogan should have mandated a solid 6-2 map before approving. The Andy Harris (R) seat in the east panhandle is completely shored up though, R+25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just drew this fairest Pennsylvania (PA) map (10-7 Solid) - way better than the currently passed map full of dumb toss-ups.

Improves the VRA districts in Philly a bit, gives inner city Pittsburgh fair representation and discards the dumb cracking-of-Pittsburgh gerrymander that would have been okay in the 1950s but makes zero sense today in a city of that size.

Upper class PA cities a jump north of Philadelphia from Reading to Allentown and Bethlehem, get fair Democrat representation instead of being drawn into red or purple districts.

It would be impossible to give the Republican Philly suburb precincts representation without an ugly gerrymander; plus, 10/17 seats for the GOP in PA is enough, just like for the Dems in IL. So I left that to be.

Here it is:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron DeSantis is FUEGO!!!!! My man just rammed through the 20-8 map in Florida and some of those light blue seats could be in jeopardy down the road, too:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-maps/florida/

#ThatsMyPresident

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican and Independent plaintiffs with help from neutral analysis from RCP drew this perfectly-drawn beautiful map in the state of New York. It is 16-7-3 but realistically, 16-10 especially in a 2022 type environment.

16-10 New York

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...dial-proposal/

Creates 4 pretty solid GOP seats in the conservative part of NYC, as well as three solid GOP seats upstate and three compe ive seats upstate the GOP should win most years. Rochester, Buffalo, Albany still get fair (D) representation. The shapes drawn in the NYC metro area are actually fair, neat, clean, and make sense, unlike Hochul's awful hypocritical dirty ugly gerrymander of a map. Everything is perfectly proportional and NOT gerrymandered in this new map.

The Republicans routinely win 38-39% of the vote in New York State.
    And it just so happens.... 10 divided by 26 = 0.3846, * 100 = 38.46%.

This is as fair and proportional of a map as you'll ever see,
    and if the Democrats find a way not to pass it out of selfishness, the entire Democrat party is forever the party of the biggest braying hypocrites of all time and nobody should ever vote for them again no matter what. Also, it would confirm that the 2020 election in the purple states was a fraud.

#PassThisMap #FairNY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican and Independent plaintiffs with help from neutral analysis from RCP drew this perfectly-drawn beautiful map in the state of New York. It is 16-7-3 but realistically, 16-10 especially in a 2022 type environment.

16-10 New York

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...dial-proposal/

Creates 4 pretty solid GOP seats in the conservative part of NYC, as well as three solid GOP seats upstate and three compe ive seats upstate the GOP should win most years. Rochester, Buffalo, Albany still get fair (D) representation. The shapes drawn in the NYC metro area are actually fair, neat, clean, and make sense, unlike Hochul's awful hypocritical dirty ugly gerrymander of a map. Everything is perfectly proportional and NOT gerrymandered in this new map.

The Republicans routinely win 38-39% of the vote in New York State.
    And it just so happens.... 10 divided by 26 = 0.3846, * 100 = 38.46%.

This is as fair and proportional of a map as you'll ever see,
    and if the Democrats find a way not to pass it out of selfishness, the entire Democrat party is forever the party of the biggest braying hypocrites of all time and nobody should ever vote for them again no matter what. Also, it would confirm that the 2020 election in the purple states was a fraud.

#PassThisMap #FairNY
    Why do conservatives only complain about "fair and balanced" on blue states, but don't apply the same rule on red states or federal elections overall?

Under the 'proportionality' rationale espoused there (which makes it a popular vote contest), neither Dubya or Trump presidential wins were "fair and balanced"...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron DeSantis is FUEGO!!!!! My man just rammed through the 20-8 map in Florida and some of those light blue seats could be in jeopardy down the road, too:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...-maps/florida/

#ThatsMyPresident
    So proportional and fair

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do conservatives only complain about "fair and balanced" on blue states, but don't apply the same rule on red states or federal elections overall?

Under the 'proportionality' rationale espoused there (which makes it a popular vote contest), neither Dubya or Trump presidential wins were "fair and balanced"...
    Because of the dumb 10th amendment and blue states having extremely soft voting laws, allowing for mass fraud and fake votes... dead relative votes, dog votes, robot votes, illegal alien votes... all of which, unsurprisingly, are strongly blue-voting blocs.

Give me a federal mandate on banning no-excuse mail-in ballots (voters must vote in-person with valid state ID present unless they are legally disabled or absentee due to military/US service reasons, and no early voting until one week before the election - any and all non-conforming votes shall NOT be counted) & abolish the 10th & the popular vote would swing in the other direction and you'd be clamoring to bring back the electoral college.

So proportional and fair
    Oddly enough, it could be. It could be proportional and fair. 20/28 is 71.43% but in a blue wave year the (R)'s lose 2 of those so it's 18/28 which is 64.28% which is roughly what Florida will probably be by around 2030. Basically the east coast equivalent of California.

California GOP isn't fighting that map in court, while it is gerrymandered not only are the courts there very leftist but also the GOP has a distinct geography problem in CA just like they have in Massachusetts. It's not the same for NY. It's pretty easy to draw a map with 7-10 GOP seats in New York, but at the same time extremely hard to draw a proportional map in CA or MA or to give the Democrats more than 2 seats in a state like Wisconsin or give the Dems a majority in, say, PA or Ohio without gerrymandering. You really have to crack just the right cities hard in bigger-area size states to give the Dems more seats and that's, by definition, gerrymandering. Pritzker managed to get away with that exact practice in Illinois for now but we'll see if that one gets challenged in court next year. IL Dems could lose the governorship and state legislature this year.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 04-25-2022 at 06:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of the dumb 10th amendment and blue states having extremely soft voting laws, allowing for mass fraud and fake votes... dead relative votes, dog votes, robot votes, illegal alien votes... all of which, unsurprisingly, are strongly blue-voting blocs.

Give me a federal mandate on banning no-excuse mail-in ballots (voters must vote in-person with valid state ID present unless they are legally disabled or absentee due to military/US service reasons, and no early voting until one week before the election - any and all non-conforming votes shall NOT be counted) & abolish the 10th & the popular vote would swing in the other direction and you'd be clamoring to bring back the electoral college.
    There were a number of GOP commissions on fraudulent voting (last one by the Trump administration no less) and they never found any evidence of such massive voter fraud. So we can do away with that canard.

Can you actually answer the question now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kansas Dem court throws out map with help from governor. They want a blue seat based around the Kansas side of KC. But stupid of them to strike that one down where it's still compe ive and Laura Kelly is still the governor when the new GOP governor that gets elected this year will simply pass a solid 4-0 map that completely cracks out the Kansas-side KC metro area instead of just leaving it 3-0-1 for the full decade with bipartisan support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were a number of GOP commissions on fraudulent voting (last one by the Trump administration no less) and they never found any evidence of such massive voter fraud. So we can do away with that canard.

Can you actually answer the question now?
    Millennial is too stupid to answer (he may parrot GOP talking points) so expect him to avoid the voter fraud question, especially if he has to use his own words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Millennial is too stupid to answer (he may parrot GOP talking points) so expect him to avoid the voter fraud question, especially if he has to use his own words.
    The answer is not complicated at all... Even in states like Texas or Georgia that don't have these alleged 'fragile' voting systems, blue team always does massively great in big cities (see: Harris county).

Which is primarily why none of those states want a "fair and balanced" or "proportional" voting system at all. Heck, if they can deny you of your right to vote they sure will.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The answer is not complicated at all... Even in states like Texas or Georgia that don't have these alleged 'fragile' voting systems, blue team always does massively great in big cities (see: Harris county).

Which is primarily why none of those states want a "fair and balanced" or "proportional" voting system at all. Heck, if they can deny you of your right to vote they sure will.
    If Democrats can get away with sending stacks of unsolicited ballots to urban area homes, they will do it.

They can come to a compromise on election reform if they really want to, Nono.

Mandatory 2 weeks early voting

Election day becomes federal holiday?

Mandatory ID to vote. (polls very favorably, btw)

Crack down on mail in voting because people would rather shampoo their poodles than pop in and out of a voting center.

Sound fair? I think it is, but it wont happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Democrats can get away with sending stacks of unsolicited ballots to urban area homes, they will do it.

They can come to a compromise on election reform if they really want to, Nono.

Mandatory 2 weeks early voting

Election day becomes federal holiday?

Mandatory ID to vote. (polls very favorably, btw)

Crack down on mail in voting because people would rather shampoo their poodles than pop in and out of a voting center.

Sound fair? I think it is, but it wont happen.
    100%.

Election day becoming federal holiday is a nice idea but the day after election holiday should also be in that case, since literally everyone stays up until 3am or later to watch all the results finalize and all the news reactions and press conferences. Who really wants to show up at work on time the next morning? A night with no sleep is worse than a night with plentiful sleep but way too much alcohol and a hangover.

No mail in ballots except for very specific and practical reasons, as I mentioned. The biggest problems are in the cities, not the rural areas.

1 week early voting, not 2. Two is before the last debate and October surprises. People shouldn't be allowed to vote until there has been ample and sufficient time for America to fully make up its mind and form a conclusion. In 2020 there was ing voting in September... ridiculous.

Even the excused mail in ballots should be mandated to be tallied by the election day and released to the press at the time of poll closing on election night. Any non-in-person ballots not tallied by poll closing should not count.

No question almost every big city (including every big city with any decent sized black minority or black plurality or black majority) will be blue of center, but if you look at the demographics for a place like DeKalb county GA, there's no way it should be D+70... D+30 is a more fair realistic estimate, and the gap is where the fraud ballots come in to play.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    100%.

Election day becoming federal holiday is a nice idea but the day after election holiday should also be in that case, since literally everyone stays up until 3am or later to watch all the results finalize and all the news reactions and press conferences. Who really wants to show up at work on time the next morning? A night with no sleep is worse than a night with plentiful sleep but way too much alcohol and a hangover.

No mail in ballots except for very specific and practical reasons, as I mentioned. The biggest problems are in the cities, not the rural areas.

1 week early voting, not 2. Two is before the last debate and October surprises. People shouldn't be allowed to vote until there has been ample and sufficient time for America to fully make up its mind and form a conclusion. In 2020 there was ing voting in September... ridiculous.

Even the excused mail in ballots should be mandated to be tallied by the election day and released to the press at the time of poll closing on election night. Any non-in-person ballots not tallied by poll closing should not count.

No question almost every big city (including every big city with any decent sized black minority or black plurality or black majority) will be blue of center, but if you look at the demographics for a place like DeKalb county GA, there's no way it should be D+70... D+30 is a more fair realistic estimate, and the gap is where the fraud ballots come in to play.
    I don't like the idea of only 1 week of early voting. Does not happen often, but I can recall a time or two in which I could see a line formed outside my normal voting station and I had to come back another day because I had other stuff to do... shorten the early voting time too much and soon it becomes similar to the long lines on election day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like the idea of only 1 week of early voting. Does not happen often, but I can recall a time or two in which I could see a line formed outside my normal voting station and I had to come back another day because I had other stuff to do... shorten the early voting time too much and soon it becomes similar to the long lines on election day.
    The people who actually care about the country and not their own personal convenience will stand in line to vote, that's it and that's all, and Thread agrees with me.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The people who actually care about the country and not their own personal convenience will stand in line to vote, that's it and that's all, and Thread agrees with me.
    If you make it unnecessarily difficult to vote, you play right into liberal's hands.

Thread Information