Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We haven't seen neither Keldon's nor Vassell's ceiling yet. Can't make that deal in my opinion. We have four picks. Make good picks and our depth and warchest of trade assets could be nasty good. tbh
    To get to Chet? Heck Pop would pack their bags and send them a bottle of wine to thank Presti.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you're just trolling lol
    Nah I’m not. Chet (or Bachero if you like) are wayyyy have AS upsides than either Keldon or Vassell. yeah I’d make that trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d move Keldon, Vassell, Primo and a future FRP (lottery protected) for #4 and hope one of Paulo, Chet or Smith drop but take Ivy as a consolidation prize. I’d like to keep #9 so long as they don’t draft a second rounder with the pick. Trading away quality assets for Keegan Murray at 4 is just stupid though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd give up Keldon if it meant getting Banchero tbh. Vasell is probably a deal breaker tho, I'm pretty high on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo ST, can we talk about this:

Does ST say yes to this deal?
    no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall it seems like a weird market. Few teams having so many picks is warping their value. I disagree on the following:

1. As the draft begins, the Spurs' later FRP may become more valuable as le-challenging teams get FOMO and see players they covet start dropping.

2. I don't believe Sacramento's 4 would only take Keldon + 9. There's a scrum forming around the pick driving the price up. Kings must be smacking their lips.

Additionally:

Trading up is too costly related to assets acquired. I don't believe in the top 4 + Keegan Murray enough to bother. The real issue is the other three picks. i don't really doubt the team can divest themselves of at least two. Trading the 25 + 38 for a future first seems utterly bizarre, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo ST, can we talk about this:

Does ST say yes to this deal?
    no lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overall it seems like a weird market. Few teams having so many picks is warping their value. I disagree on the following:

1. As the draft begins, the Spurs' later FRP may become more valuable as le-challenging teams get FOMO and see players they covet start dropping.

2. I don't believe Sacramento's 4 would only take Keldon + 9. There's a scrum forming around the pick driving the price up. Kings must be smacking their lips.

Additionally:

Trading up is too costly related to assets acquired. I don't believe in the top 4 + Keegan Murray enough to bother. The real issue is the other three picks. i don't really doubt the team can divest themselves of at least two. Trading the 25 + 38 for a future first seems utterly bizarre, though.
    Disagree on #1. Teams even sniffing contention will have 0 interest in an FRP that isn’t top 5ish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know how I feel about Keldon + 9 for 4. That is prob fair value and its been discussed as an idea but its right on the fringe of should Sa do it. But I trust SA

But Sochan + Keldon for Ivey? It’s tough. Lol at anyone floating that rumor about Keegan lmao

I would love for SA to get 13 & 15 for Jakob by giving pick 20 or 25 with it too. SA needs to do something and at a minimum I hope they get two lottery picks this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for the article TimVP. I like that the Spurs ask for too much, that means they are trying to fleece somebody. If they can make it happen great. They'll obviously come down with the asking price, but as long as they get more back than what they give up it's a win. I really hope we are not drafting Dieng with 9.

By the way there is no way in you trade Keldon, Vassell and 9th for the 2nd pick, let alone adding a future first to that. The top 4 players in this draft are not even guaranteed franchise players like a Ja Morant for example. They more projected to be fringe All-Star players like Tobias Harris and Blake Griffin.

I wouldn't even do Keldon + 9 for 4. Maybe if Banchero drops to 4, but I'm not sure I'd do it for Ivey and definitely not Keegan Murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a dearth of players right now and while Keldon and Vassel aren't amazing, they're both productive players. I would MUCH rather draft 4 rookies than give those away chasing someone in the top 4. The Spurs are likely to get a solid player at 9 with high upside. The difference between that and 2 isn't worth 2 young productive players that haven't met their ceilings.

Keldon is going to be an all star in this league. I'm not as high on Vassel, but I'm pretty sure that Keldon is going to reach multiple ASG in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is too quiet. Spurs are up to something. I think it’s more draft then a big trade. Probably won’t happen until tomorrow when the Spurs know whose available at certain spots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldin and vassell are both going to get better. Presti isn't stupid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree on #1. Teams even sniffing contention will have 0 interest in an FRP that isn’t top 5ish.
    1. The top 5 is completely out of their range.

2. Of course they would. The league is entirely flat right now. So flat that a mediocre, aging GSW team won almost out of muscle memory. A decent rookie would push a lot of teams in the right direction.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's very few "franchise players", but if they think there's a solid chance of Ivey being a legit first option, of course it makes sense to give up Johnson and 9 for him.

The Poeltl rumor has to be posturing. Despite the impressive catch all metrics, a going on 28 (when his next contract kicks in) rim runner, who lacks versatility isn't commanding a star type package. Unless they intend to retain him long term, they better be careful to not overplay their hand and be left holding the bag.

Spare me the "offers will go up after he's extended" spiel. As a foreign role player at the most oversaturated position in the league, anyone who trades for him should be extremely confident in retaining him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10761559[/URL]]Spurs have a dearth of players right now and while Keldon and Vassel aren't amazing, they're both productive players. I would MUCH rather draft 4 rookies than give those away chasing someone in the top 4. The Spurs are likely to get a solid player at 9 with high upside. The difference between that and 2 isn't worth 2 young productive players that haven't met their ceilings.

Keldon is going to be an all star in this league. I'm not as high on Vassel, but I'm pretty sure that Keldon is going to reach multiple ASG in his career.
    Keldon is not going to be an All-Star. An above average player who may be a starter on a championship team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It does show that SA has a lot of good young players though. They really can do anything they want. Murray has insane value IMO. Vassell and Keldon rock solid value. Jakob too.

SA needs to figure this out with all their assets. They need to maximize value and pick a direction and keep going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good write up. A lot of different ways this can play out. Looking forward to this draft more than previous years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade Keldon + 9 for anyone from the top 4 but Chet. I just dont have confidence he'll ever become a first or second option on offense, and I'm really wary of what the NBA wear and tear will do to his paper thin frame.
    That said, I wouldn't throw in Vassell or a future first unprotected, much less both. At the most I'd include 25+38 anda thats only for Banchero. If not, keep adding talent and better opportunities will come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! What great reporting, timvp.

I've rarely seen such quan y (and quality of) info on the eve of the draft (and the majority of it even seemed plausible).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy to see that the Spurs are not lowballing their picks. Yes we all think they will not draft four guys but i'm not totally sure of that. If they don't have good offers i can see them drafting at least 3 guys with one being a stash maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp no rumors on Dejounte with regards to the cryptic DJ tweet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp no rumors on Dejounte with regards to the cryptic DJ tweet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs talk already slowing down with this new rumor article . Tomorrow is going to be a show

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

--- Jakob's price is indeed too high, but they aren't desperate to move him or anything. That's also a starting point for negotiation. We have chatted about Jakob a ton. It's kind of disappointing at the moment, but they aren't in a rush. They also haven't drafted Duren yet and seen him play with Dejounte in the gym making them more comfortable moving on. ()

--- I don't see the Spurs making a move up. This is just my personal opinion, but I appreciate learning they are making inquiries and also taking offers. I am intrigued at learning of 4 for Keldon and 9. I am not crazy about Ivey in the same sense as Timvp isn't either. I don't see a franchise player there, but I am not a pro scout, and the infusion of talent he would bring is undeniable. It also kind of places in perspective all this mention of "guards" as the BPA coming from Wright's mouth. I would be excited if he's drafted though. Keldon not being the PF would also stop driving others crazy. Still most likely thing is that Keldon and 9 are in the team and we move on.

--- The other trades seem really fluid and will be interesting to watch. I kind of expect the Spurs to make all 4 of their 4 draft picks. Who is giving two picks in future years for one late first here? That is crazy.

--- Kind of underwhelmed overall, but just bc I expect a lot of standing pat despite all this chatter, and making the picks they are meant to. That is generally how they play it. Now we will have to wait and see who they get, or if indeed anything changes on draft night.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 06-22-2022 at 06:47 PM.

Thread Information