Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you thinking vs what you want.

Who do we sign? Who gets traded? What's the rotation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they should start Sochan from Day 1. The reason to bring him is not mess with that Keldon at 4. Sochan’s offense should be fine, and his help defense would greatly benefit Poeltl on man, Keldon’s too slow at SF, and lack of point-of-attack lockdown at guard. A lot to ask for a rookie, but I think Sochan relishes that challenge.

Malaki and Blake can play at Austin. But I think they should bring Malaki back asap. Blake is still very raw and needs more time at Austin.

Murray, Devin, Keldon, Sochan, Poeltl
    Tre, Primo, J-Rich, Zollins, Londale
    Blake, Weiskamp, Langford, KBD, Barlow

I think they can still try to get Myles Turner or Ayton, and include preferably McD/J-Rich and other assets. I just think there’s too many guards that a trade is forthcoming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd explore what an Ayton S&T looks like tbh. Keldon, Murray, and Vassell will be up for extensions before you know it and this could be the last offsesason where they have meaningful cap space. Need to utilize it and pick up another asset like Ayton if you have the opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/Jones/Primo
    Vassell/Branham20/Wesley25
    Johnson/McDermott/Langford
    Free Agent?/Sochan9/KBD
    Poeltl/Zollins/Lansdale

Trade JRich for space rent and future draft capital or an established PF

Can swing Primo to 3rd string SF and dump Langford when the PG experiment inevitably fails

Could SA pull.a sign and trade for Poeltl and Ayton swap? Then I suppose Sochan starts at PF with KBD backup?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they should start Sochan from Day 1. The reason to bring him is not mess with that Keldon at 4. Sochan’s offense should be fine, and his help defense would greatly benefit Poeltl on man, Keldon’s too slow at SF, and lack of point-of-attack lockdown at guard. A lot to ask for a rookie, but I think Sochan relishes that challenge.

Malaki and Blake can play at Austin. But I think they should bring Malaki back asap. Blake is still very raw and needs more time at Austin.

Murray, Devin, Keldon, Sochan, Poeltl
    Tre, Primo, J-Rich, Zollins, Londale
    Blake, Weiskamp, Langford, KBD, Barlow

I think they can still try to get Myles Turner or Ayton, and include preferably McD/J-Rich and other assets. I just think there’s too many guards that a trade is forthcoming.
    What do you do with Walker?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/Jones/Primo
    Vassell/Branham20/Wesley25
    Johnson/McDermott/Langford
    Free Agent?/Sochan9/KBD
    Poeltl/Zollins/Lansdale

Trade JRich for space rent and future draft capital or an established PF

Can swing Primo to 3rd string SF and dump Langford when the PG experiment inevitably fails

Could SA pull.a sign and trade for Poeltl and Ayton swap? Then I suppose Sochan starts at PF with KBD backup?
    Nobody even remembers Lonnie anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Drive him to the airport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drive him to the airport.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody even remembers Lonnie anymore.
    They remember him and the $6.3MM QO and mentally "drive him to the airport."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I know is that practices are going to be compe ive as . A bunch of young guys trying to earn a spot in the rotation. Thought this rebuild would be torture but last season and this off season so far has been very exciting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is what it is. I mean FO drafted 2 guards. Unless they’re coolimg up a big package, with the huge cap and all. But yeah, the new guys need the minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing about Keldon at PF that worked was that, especially last season, he was a willing and capable outside shooter that helped ease some of the natural spacing issues with Murray/Poeltl

will be interesting. Sochan should definitely start, but he's going to have to prove he wont cause serious spacing issues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one thing about Keldon at PF that worked was that, especially last season, he was a willing and capable outside shooter that helped ease some of the natural spacing issues with Murray/Poeltl

will be interesting. Sochan should definitely start, but he's going to have to prove he wont cause serious spacing issues
    Keldon can still do that at SF. Sochan is a great help-defender and should be able to hide Keldon.

Man the motor on Keldon + Sochan together on court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we're going to need Vassell/Primo to pick up the slack from deep, too. hopefully Keldon can sustain. we know McBuckets, for all his flaws, is a willing and capable shooter. same with Josh Richardson. but we could be trying to move mcdermott, and richardson looks like an obvious midseason trade candidate as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan starting would most likely mess up the spacing. I still hope the Spurs make a run at Ayton or try to get a starting PF via trade. McDermott, Lonnie and J-Rich need to go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan starting would most likely mess up the spacing. I still hope the Spurs make a run at Ayton or try to get a starting PF via trade. McDermott, Lonnie and J-Rich need to go
    Yeah, until Sochan can shoot straight, it would be a spacing nightmare. Eventually, I'd love to see a lineup like Murray, Richardson (for his shooting), Johnson, Sochan, Poeltl. That would give other teams fits defensively...but yeah, offense would be a challenge.

If Primo has a breakout year with better percentages, J-Rich becomes much more expendable.

If the Spurs really believe they can fix Sochan's shot (which I assume they do since they took him at 9), I doubt they go after Ayton...but that's just my gut feeling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is what it is. I mean FO drafted 2 guards. Unless they’re coolimg up a big package, with the huge cap and all. But yeah, the new guys need the minutes.
    Sure. My question was more directed to "what kind of asset do you think the Spurs could get for Lonnie"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If we don’t get Ayton then I think our starting line up won’t change much from last year. I definitely think all 3 players start in G League until the trade dead line in which hopefully we can flip McD and Richardson for either young talent or 1st round picks. Then after that give them some playing time obviously of the three Sochan will spend the most time with the big club. It’s Pops way to don’t fight it. Lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure. My question was more directed to "what kind of asset do you think the Spurs could get for Lonnie"?
    Cap space is an asset ..we can get cap space..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don’t get Ayton then I think our starting line up won’t change much from last year. I definitely think all 3 players start in G League until the trade dead line in which hopefully we can flip McD and Richardson for either young talent or 1st round picks. Then after that give them some playing time obviously of the three Sochan will spend the most time with the big club. It’s Pops way to don’t fight it. Lol
    i really dont anticipate Sochan spending time in the G-League. primo was a more obvious gleague candidate and even he only played 11-12 games in the gleague. i dont think vassell played a single gleague game. i dont believe Sochen will either. whether he starts right away is a different story. could see them wanting to pair Zollins and Sochen off the bench at first. assuming Lonnie isnt brought back, i would think at least one of Branham or Wesley (probably Branham) will have a spot on the big league roster right away as well, with Wesley probably getting more G-League time as he refines his shot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, Lonnie is a free agent this offseason? I'm a little lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd explore what an Ayton S&T looks like tbh. Keldon, Murray, and Vassell will be up for extensions before you know it and this could be the last offsesason where they have meaningful cap space. Need to utilize it and pick up another asset like Ayton if you have the opportunity.
    I am in this boat as well. Also think they need to make a win now move now too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi came to the spurs with less skill than Sochan but some of you are having a panic attack about something the spurs obviously aren’t tripping over��

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’d ship Jakob out and add Ayton. That’s really my preferred move.

Thread Information