Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer just said on his show he doesn't know anything about how far negotiations are, so basically nothing close to being finalized at all it seems
    Jake “rectum” Fischer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure you draft Sochan with the intention of blowing it up, starting from scratch.
    Wright himself referred to him as a “connector”, “fits well with the group”…
    There were arguably higher upside picks available.

If DJ was to get traded, I do believe that a godfather type offer would have to be on the cards.
    Nothing we have heard so far suggests that’s the case.

I also remember reading on multiple occasions that the Spurs covet Bogdanovic from ATL so I would figure he would have to be a returning piece. Wether that has changed Post-Draft will be something to watch.

Great points. Also, thanks for getting rid of the fathead, fathead avatar!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its all a negotiating tactic tbh to draw other teams in.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of this passes the sniff test. They’re one good player away from making a nice playoff run.

The rumors only have them returning picks and Gallo. Just doesn’t make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure you draft Sochan with the intention of blowing it up, starting from scratch.
    Wright himself referred to him as a “connector”, “fits well with the group”…
    There were arguably higher upside picks available.

If DJ was to get traded, I do believe that a godfather type offer would have to be on the cards.
    Nothing we have heard so far suggests that’s the case.

I also remember reading on multiple occasions that the Spurs covet Bogdanovic from ATL so I would figure he would have to be a returning piece. Wether that has changed Post-Draft will be something to watch.

I don’t disagree that there are higher upside players but Sochan’s ceiling is all nba defender and he’s 19. To me he has plenty of upside in an unusual mold. I think the Spurs kind of knew they would get 1 of Branham or Wesley but did not expect both.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want the trade and the Spurs to be a bottom three team and get lucky and land their franchise player.

That's the quickest way to be a contender again.

Keeping Murray keeps the Spurs in the low end of the lottery for years until they get a franchise changing player.

None of the players on the current team including Murray or the players the Spurs drafted this year are franchise changing players. They are nice complementary players but they need the franchise player.
    I am sure this is what was said about jokic, kawhi, Giannias, and others. the only #1 pick that jump to mind that is considered franchise is embid. You have Ja and luka that were top 3. That still is 3 top 3 vs 3 not top 3. btw I dont consider durant and lehype as they are old. if you do that you also have to include curry .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of this passes the sniff test. They’re one good player away from making a nice playoff run.

Right? I mean I’m not completely against trading DJ but Gallo + picks is a joke to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surfing the Web so it looks like the natives are restless the Celtics want in and New York want's in depending on what happens to Brunson. They definitely got the draft picks after the trades they made this past week. So may the best or worst organization win..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ing from edgelords about the team tanking is outdated. The Spurs want to move the All-Star that they drafted in the 20s. Apparently, they're willing to do that because the guy they picked at 12 last year is still someone they think will be better. So either you want the team to tank because you trust their judgement with prospects and thus should not panic about a Murray trade, or you don't trust their judgment because they think Primo is a great prospect and thus shouldn't want the Spurs to tank.

Brian Wright also doesn't make particularly bad trades. I think that narrative died last year. The Leonard trade was the Leonard trade. The Bertans trade wasn't that bad and was made under false pretenses. Every other trade was fine. Outside the one time where folks meddled with the team and forced their hand, the Spurs have always drove a hard bargain on trades -- and that's resulted in them letting someone like Aldridge walk. Why people would believe the Spurs would go from Collins and three barely protected picks to Gallo and lotto-protected picks off the back of a throwaway line from a guy who keeps admitting he doesn't actually know anything is doomerism. I keep saying I don't believe the Spurs intend to trade Murray right now, and I stand by that. But if they did, it wouldn't be the worse thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so Gallo's contract being guaranteed seems to be a move in general, not really related to a DJ trade. Fischer does say the Spurs seem to be gearing up for a rebuild or at least some parts of the Spurs FO are feeling out that situation. The guy doesn't have any Spurs intel though, so he's probably just guessing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10767695[/URL]]None of this passes the sniff test. They’re one good player away from making a nice playoff run.

I agree it doesn’t make sense. Pretty sure Spurs would want Bogdan back. Danilo makes sense if they don’t like John Collins and his huge long contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hear you man, and I go back and forth on the tank v max Ayton camps by the hour(!) , but if there was ever a year to start the tank it’s now. Apparently the French kid is just that special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ing from edgelords about the team tanking is outdated. The Spurs want to move the All-Star that they drafted in the 20s. Apparently, they're willing to do that because the guy they picked at 12 last year is still someone they think will be better. So either you want the team to tank because you trust their judgement with prospects and thus should not panic about a Murray trade, or you don't trust their judgment because they think Primo is a great prospect and thus shouldn't want the Spurs to tank.

Brian Wright also doesn't make particularly bad trades. I think that narrative died last year. The Leonard trade was the Leonard trade. The Bertans trade wasn't that bad and was made under false pretenses. Every other trade was fine. Outside the one time where folks meddled with the team and forced their hand, the Spurs have always drove a hard bargain on trades -- and that's resulted in them letting someone like Aldridge walk. Why people would believe the Spurs would go from Collins and three barely protected picks to Gallo and lotto-protected picks off the back of a throwaway line from a guy who keeps admitting he doesn't actually know anything is doomerism. I keep saying I don't believe the Spurs intend to trade Murray right now, and I stand by that. But if they did, it wouldn't be the worse thing
    I'm of the opinion that these trade rumors are fluff.
    But if it does have legs and it does go through... I'm now willing to look at Timvp's assertion that the team looks at Primo as the man to run the point with eyes wide open.
    Maybe even allowing a tank season riding around his development as the PG and all of his mistakes in the process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree that there are higher upside players but Sochan’s ceiling is all nba defender and he’s 19. To me he has plenty of upside in an unusual mold. I think the Spurs kind of knew they would get 1 of Branham or Wesley but did not expect both.
    That’s very fair. He also appears to have innate leadership qualities and has been playing against older players seemingly his entire life. PATFO may feel somewhat comfortable that he, along with some of the young carry overs can help fill that rather large void undoubtedly left with a DJ trade.

Great points. Also, thanks for getting rid of the fathead, fathead avatar!
    End of an era…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Right? I mean I’m not completely against trading DJ but Gallo + picks is a joke to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything I hope it give other teams FOMO and they get involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take this for what you will… That Hawks “insider” on their fan website said this.

I got three updates
    Most of the league thinks that Atlanta and SA trade should be made soon. SA brass all realizes that they are best going for Wemby, Henderson, Smith, and the Thompson twins and the fact that 2023 draft is so deep, they want as many picks as possible.
    Atlanta is working with Gallinari to close out the trade. I know, you already know this but its confirmed.
    Kyrie decided he wasn't passing on 40 million and losing his BR. He made a business decision and Brooklyn called his bluff.
    Ayton market is greatly depressed as Detroit has moved to Miles Bridges. I am told PHX and him expect to work out a deal in a favorable range with Ayton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take this for what you will… That Hawks “insider” on their fan website said this.

I got three updates
    Most of the league thinks that Atlanta and SA trade should be made soon. SA brass all realizes that they are best going for Wemby, Henderson, Smith, and the Thompson twins and the fact that 2023 draft is so deep, they want as many picks as possible.
    Atlanta is working with Gallinari to close out the trade. I know, you already know this but its confirmed.
    Kyrie decided he wasn't passing on 40 million and losing his BR. He made a business decision and Brooklyn called his bluff.
    Ayton market is greatly depressed as Detroit has moved to Miles Bridges. I am told PHX and him expect to work out a deal in a favorable range with Ayton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One and two not bad.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I got three updates
    I followed this guy for two offseasons and he’s had zero “reports” that have come to fruition yet people still eat it up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I followed this guy for two offseasons and he’s had zero “reports” that have come to fruition yet people still eat it up
    Yeah, it's weird that an insider for one team knows what "most of the league" thinks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I got three updates
    as far as I know for all these years he never made one right call. This has all basically been reported or is common logic. Doesn't mean anything tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's weird that an insider for one team knows what "most of the league" thinks.

not weird at all. More like complete bs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the Spurs want as many picks as possible in the 2023 draft they can just take on bad contracts and move J-Rich and voila they got 3 picks

Thread Information