Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right? I mean I’m not completely against trading DJ but Gallo + picks is a joke to me.
    I'm not against trading Maurry at the peak of his value, but I'm absolutely positive the spurs could get a better deal from almost any other NBA team. You're right that deal is a joke. Its just a bad one. The spurs can do better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the Spurs want as many picks as possible in the 2023 draft they can just take on bad contracts and move J-Rich and voila they got 3 picks
    We literally could take in 30-50mm in dead money if you move JRich, McBooger and Zollins. Getting multiple firsts next year doesn’t help you when you help ATL become a top 6 team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I maybe again wearing spurs colored glasses but aren't we square I'm the middle of a rebuild. We have picks coming and have assets to improve this team right now by a lot. We still have Richardson poetrl mcnuggets Langford all can be turned to assets and if you must trade Murray get a young player or two back to facilitate the rebuild. Let's not leave out the cap space too
    So there's no sense in starting over when you more than half way down the path.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the Spurs want as many picks as possible in the 2023 draft they can just take on bad contracts and move J-Rich and voila they got 3 picks
    Taking bad contracts won't get you top 6 picks though and thays what we should strive for if we move Murray and Jak. The only guys we have that might get is picks in that range are DJ and maybe KJ I'd think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn I’ll be upset if DJ is traded this guy has embodied the Spurs culture. I doubt they trade him tbh. He’s only 25 we need an older solid player like him compared to the younger guys and hope one of the younger guys take a huge leap. If we get picks for DJ it’s a small chance any of the players we draft end up as good as him. He’s going to get even better in the next year or two and hit his absolute prime

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trading murray is bad juju tbh... unless its an absolute godfather offer you cant refuse.

all star caliber guy on a solid contract, who has leadership skills, really wants to be here, etc. he's not good enough to be "off limits" but its gotta be an above market offer imo, and none of these hawks deals meet that criteria

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the local reports (maybe posted before) said it was down to Pop to make the final decision

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that’s even if he wants to stay here. He has been adamant on wanting to be a Spur but he’s also been adamant on wanting to win and compete for a ring, and with this team it looks like that feat is out of his prime timeline.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If reports are correct and Collins is not in the deal, the best we're hoping for is Gallo, Jalen Johnson, both '23 picks, and '25 for Murray and Langford.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking bad contracts won't get you top 6 picks though and thays what we should strive for if we move Murray and Jak. The only guys we have that might get is picks in that range are DJ and maybe KJ I'd think.
    neither would 3 Atlanta Hawks picks tbh. Which team could we trade him to that guarantees us a top 6 pick in the 2023 draft?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/jeffgspurszone/s...wSgy8qgxUMSIWQ

never mind its a retweet/rehash of Zack Klein

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like this better as three team, with Collins going to Charlotte in exchange for Hornets lifting their pick protections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    neither would 3 Atlanta Hawks picks tbh. Which team could we trade him to that guarantees us a top 6 pick in the 2023 draft?
    I don't disagree... Although I think it's in our best interest to move DJ and try to get two top 6 picks in this draft I don't subscribe to trading him for middling picks. I've been consistent in saying I'd expect a 3rd team to be added that gives up an unprotected 1st so we have two bites at the proverbial top 6 apple. Its Atlantas job to find that pick..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If reports are correct and Collins is not in the deal, the best we're hoping for is Gallo, Jalen Johnson, both '23 picks, and '25 for Murray and Langford.
    Still not good enough. I would expect Collins to be involved, just not with the Spurs as a final destination. He HAS TO BE, or else the return is just ridiculous. It's bad already, but on those terms... seems like we're trying to compensate them for being robbed on the Luka trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade keldon is who we should be trading he doesn’t fit with sochan and vasel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree... Although I think it's in our best interest to move DJ and try to get two top 6 picks in this draft I don't subscribe to trading him for middling picks. I've been consistent in saying I'd expect a 3rd team to be added that gives up an unprotected 1st so we have two bites at the proverbial top 6 apple. Its Atlantas job to find that pick..
    then tell me who are those teams? Cause I don't see the Rockets, OKC, Magic, Pistons, Pacers or Kings giving us a pick just because we need a top 6 pick. Maybe we should just give them Keldon while we're having a fire sale

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So Harris confirmed its been resurrected with Gallo. Is that the 1st confirmation from our side?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not good enough. I would expect Collins to be involved, just not with the Spurs as a final destination. He HAS TO BE, or else the return is just ridiculous. It's bad already, but on those terms... seems like we're trying to compensate them for being robbed on the Luka trade.
    Murray and Langford to Hawks
    Hayward, Johnson, Gallo, and 3 ATL picks, 1 Charlotte pick, and Charlotte lifts protections on their '23. Gallo is waived immediately.
    Collins and McDermott to Hornets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    then tell me who are those teams? Cause I don't see the Rockets, OKC, Magic, Pistons, Pacers or Kings giving us a pick just because we need a top 6 pick. Maybe we should just give them Keldon while we're having a fire sale
    MAYBE the Kings (they are the Kings remember) bit none of the rest are on the table I wouldn't think. I think you're looking at teams who'll be projected to be mid to late lottery that could gall with an injury or slump. That would include NY...Portland...and to a lesser degree Atlanta itself depending on what they have to give up outside of Gallo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Harris confirmed its been resurrected with Gallo. Is that the 1st confirmation from our side?
    yes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on Sacramento!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MAYBE the Kings (they are the Kings remember) bit none of the rest are on the table I wouldn't think. I think you're looking at teams who'll be projected to be mid to late lottery that could gall with an injury or slump. That would include NY...Portland...and to a lesser degree Atlanta itself depending on what they have to give up outside of Gallo.
    yeah right Atlanta with DJ and Trae Young will get us a top 6 pick

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think its confirmation that there’s Twitter buzz. I believe there was a conversation on draft day. I don’t believe this current .

At least that Matthew guy checked that dude a little.

Thread Information