Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'd be a top 3 defense with that trade. That alone would vault us from 7-8 to top 3-4 in the west. The two players with the bulk of the salary that we'd be shipping out are both older than Rudy or Conley. I didn't like including DJ, but we have to give them something of value to get Rudy, and Utah would require a PG to replace Conley.

Utah would never do LMA for Rudy. That's too imbalanced. The closest they'd probably do would be LMA + DJ for Rudy, and then we're stuck with the corpse of DeRozan for another year, and they're stuck with Conley, who's not a good fit there, and LMA isn't home in Portland, and would surely leave. With Nurkic, Utah has at least a shot to keep him.

I agree that our defense would get better but I think people are over rating Conley. After one year I am guessing Conley and Ariza would be gone after a year. I think more people would be wishing Conley was gone after a year then are currently wishing DDR would be gone. We would still have the problem of offense and not have people coming in here. This is why I think we would be a treadmill team and not move up much. As far as teams above us after this trade I could easilly see both LA, Denver, NO, Mavs, and Grizz. That already puts us at 6th and I could see a few more move above us. Which of these teams do you think we would be better then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Q&A: Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge

Spurs forward shares his thoughts on Coach Duncan, his relationship with former teammate Damian Lillard and where he can see himself retiring

Michael C. Wright NBA.com
    @mikecwrightArchive
    Apr 15, 2020 10:57 PM ET

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/04/...arcus-aldridge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought about Phoenix just as much as SA before he signed as a FA, so being 100% sold out for the Spurs was never in his mind at any point! Resented the fact they asked him to change parts of his game, because in his mind, "You came to me! How dare you ask me to change!" Asked for the trade because HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE! Probably because of the convenience of getting to see his child more often, who I think lived in Houston, was more of a factor for him choosing SA and not Phoenix then winning was! Much less winning any championships!!

And now, he's had all this time to be able to talk to Dame, hash out their differences, realizing it was the fault of your entourages for why there was a bad relationship between you two .... that's just beautiful LaMarcus! Why don't you two open up a hair salon and tell everyone about it while you get that mani pedi after your workout!

Spurs should ship him out of town yesterday! HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE ON THIS TEAM!

Here's a deal:

Portland - LMA

Orlando - DeRozan, Hood, Ariza, Metu, Spurs 2020 2nd Rd pick

Chicago - Bamba, Spurs 2020 1st Rd pick (unprotected)

Spurs - Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross, Lauri Markkenen, Zach Collins, Al-Foruq Aminu

Spurs 2020/21

DJ, White
    Lonnie, Ross
    Gordon, KJ
    Lauri, Aminu
    Poeltl, Collins

11 - 15
    Patty, Gay, Lyles, QW, Eubanks (Luka spends 2nd year in Austin)

There's your youth movement! With your emphasis building around DJ, LW4, KJ, Luka, Lauri, and Collins over the long term. Gordon could be there too because he's only 24, but none of the others are 24 except possibly Collins.

What burns me the most is two things ... 1) that man doesn't give a damn about the playoff streak! Gimme a break! The only people who'd be pissed about it being over would be Spurs fans, and LMA doesn't give a about them. National media would throw him a parade! 2) the last year of Tim's career, that 2015/16 team, 67-15, 40-1 at home, was waisted because of Pop and this idiot in the playoffs!!!

The man just doesn't care ... plain and simple. He never did. If I had any hair on my bald head, I'd pull them all out right now ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes Collins a decent prospect though? I haven't seen him play but his numbers are pretty underwhelming his first two years in the league.
    Haven't either tbh but apparently the theory of him is that he can be a stretch 5 and protect the rim. Whether that happens is something different but he would be add decent value in the hypothetical trade.

The 1st is the obvious asset but Collins could develop into a decent big for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought about Phoenix just as much as SA before he signed as a FA, so being 100% sold out for the Spurs was never in his mind at any point! Resented the fact they asked him to change parts of his game, because in his mind, "You came to me! How dare you ask me to change!" Asked for the trade because HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE! Probably because of the convenience of getting to see his child more often, who I think lived in Houston, was more of a factor for him choosing SA and not Phoenix then winning was! Much less winning any championships!!

And now, he's had all this time to be able to talk to Dame, hash out their differences, realizing it was the fault of your entourages for why there was a bad relationship between you two .... that's just beautiful LaMarcus! Why don't you two open up a hair salon and tell everyone about it while you get that mani pedi after your workout!

Spurs should ship him out of town yesterday! HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE ON THIS TEAM!

Here's a deal:

Portland - LMA

Orlando - DeRozan, Hood, Ariza, Metu, Spurs 2020 2nd Rd pick

Chicago - Bamba, Spurs 2020 1st Rd pick (unprotected)

Spurs - Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross, Lauri Markkenen, Zach Collins, Al-Foruq Aminu

Spurs 2020/21

DJ, White
    Lonnie, Ross
    Gordon, KJ
    Lauri, Aminu
    Poeltl, Collins

11 - 15
    Patty, Gay, Lyles, QW, Eubanks (Luka spends 2nd year in Austin)

There's your youth movement! With your emphasis building around DJ, LW4, KJ, Luka, Lauri, and Collins over the long term. Gordon could be there too because he's only 24, but none of the others are 24 except possibly Collins.

What burns me the most is two things ... 1) that man doesn't give a damn about the playoff streak! Gimme a break! The only people who'd be pissed about it being over would be Spurs fans, and LMA doesn't give a about them. National media would throw him a parade! 2) the last year of Tim's career, that 2015/16 team, 67-15, 40-1 at home, was waisted because of Pop and this idiot in the playoffs!!!

The man just doesn't care ... plain and simple. He never did. If I had any hair on my bald head, I'd pull them all out right now ...

Without getting into the merits of the trade, a 4 team- 11 player trade is virtually impossible to pull off. So many moving parts and teams probably aren't going to itching to be drastically alter their team with so much uncertainty with the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without getting into the merits of the trade, a 4 team- 11 player trade is virtually impossible to pull off. So many moving parts and teams probably aren't going to itching to be drastically alter their team with so much uncertainty with the league.
    It's frustration my man ... just frustration, it's all good (you got any tweezers, because this is what I'm working with )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that our defense would get better but I think people are over rating Conley. After one year I am guessing Conley and Ariza would be gone after a year. I think more people would be wishing Conley was gone after a year then are currently wishing DDR would be gone. We would still have the problem of offense and not have people coming in here. This is why I think we would be a treadmill team and not move up much. As far as teams above us after this trade I could easilly see both LA, Denver, NO, Mavs, and Grizz. That already puts us at 6th and I could see a few more move above us. Which of these teams do you think we would be better then.
    You’re evaluating teams on paper, which is always dicey, but with that top 3 defense, we could easily be better than Dallas, NO, and MEM. None of them play stout defense. I also don’t care about Conley, other than as salary ballast for DeRozan, and what we can get from him in a contract year. He shoots well, distributes the rock, and plays solid defense.

Just think of winning most of the games we pissed away in the last two minutes this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re evaluating teams on paper, which is always dicey, but with that top 3 defense, we could easily be better than Dallas, NO, and MEM. None of them play stout defense. I also don’t care about Conley, other than as salary ballast for DeRozan, and what we can get from him in a contract year. He shoots well, distributes the rock, and plays solid defense.

Just think of winning most of the games we pissed away in the last two minutes this season.
    I agree that to the novice fan we wouldn’t look as good on paper. But in reality we would be a better more well rounded team and that would translate to more wins. How many more? I don’t know but it would definitely be more.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You say I'm evaluating teams on paper? arent you also? Have you seen the Spurs play with this new team?
    Our offense would not be as good as it is now. Yes in the championships Spurs played great Defense but they also had good offense. Also how much of an upgrade would he be over Potel? I dont think those two would be able to play together. The NBA is also more of a 3 pt league. Having a good Defense big does help but you also have to have to have it on the wings. DJM is our best wing defender. He can also play with any other player. You apparently have not watched Conley much recently especially this year if you think he can still shoot and defend.

I believe if we got rid of Forbes we would win games we let go this year. DDR would add some more wins. I Do disagree that we would easily be better then the teams listed. We may beat them but over the course of a season they would be better then us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've often said he's gotten a bad rap over the years, but that interview is tone deaf on so many levels.

He supposedly wanted out 3 years ago (I always thought what he really wanted was what he got, which was the organization to coalesce to his ways) and has now been publicly flirting with an opposing player/organization for a while, yet he supposedly doesn't understand why fans have questioned his commitment? He's also repeatedly spoken about the organization as if they're a separate en y.
    Last edited by TD 21; 04-16-2020 at 07:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy is 27, a 3 time All D selection, and 2 time All NBA selection. I'm not sure what you think you can pull for two players on the wrong side of 30, and on expiring deals, most likely to bolt SA for nothing in 2021. Apparently, the offers at the deadline were , and they were at least trying to move DeRozan.
    Spurs need picks - not already paid highly non-offensive centers.

It’s not the worst thing in the world, but I don’t really like it. I would rather take on a bad contract for an unprotected first for DeRozan and flip LmA for another first to POR

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am all in for a quick Rebuild just try to move LMA, and DEROZZ and tank like next year. You hopefully get a top 5 pick and maybe and extra 1st in 2021 and another 1st in 2022.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I am all in for a quick Rebuild just try to move LMA, and DEROZZ and tank like next year. You hopefully get a top 5 pick and maybe and extra 1st in 2021 and another 1st in 2022.
    Not even Portland is going to take on that contract in this economic climate and send back a first rounder in either of the next two drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stackin up on picks in the '21 draft should be a priority as the Spurs are already on the rebuilding trajectory.

So if shipping LMA to Portland in any scenario gets the Spurs a pick, that's great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even Portland is going to take on that contract in this economic climate and send back a first rounder in either of the next two drafts.
    For Aldridge and DeRozan, no, but for Aldridge, sure. The Hood, Collins and Ariza for Aldridge deal wouldn't add to Portland tax payment but would give them a big front court upgrade.

I think they would trade their 2021 pick for Aldridge. Add him to Nurkic, Cj, Dame, and several decent young players and they could contend. A late first is a small price to pay for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Aldridge and DeRozan, no, but for Aldridge, sure. The Hood, Collins and Ariza for Aldridge deal wouldn't add to Portland tax payment but would give them a big front court upgrade.

I think they would trade their 2021 pick for Aldridge. Add him to Nurkic, Cj, Dame, and several decent young players and they could contend. A late first is a small price to pay for that.
    I don't think they'll give up a first rounder so that the 35 YO prodigal son can come home. Without it, the Spurs don't do the deal. Hood is damaged goods, and wasn't all that to being with, Collins is injured. Ariza is about as old as LMA. There's just no upside to doing this deal. Better to keep one good player for one year than take on Portland's flotsam.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be interesting to know if LMA would be open to moving to any team other then Portland. As far as moving him if you know your not going to keep him or you know your going to loose him you might as well try to get something before he walks away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think they'll give up a first rounder so that the 35 YO prodigal son can come home. Without it, the Spurs don't do the deal. Hood is damaged goods, and wasn't all that to being with, Collins is injured. Ariza is about as old as LMA. There's just no upside to doing this deal. Better to keep one good player for one year than take on Portland's flotsam.
    Portland giving up 3 players of little value; plus what could turn out to be a late first, for Aldridge, who even at 35, would be a massive front court upgrade seems like something they would do.

Without a big move Portland may be back in the lottery again after next season. Lillard wants to play with him again and Stotts coached him during his best seasons so there could be some internal pressure to bring him back.

Aldridge could also re-sign there after next season. His drastic improvement as a 3pt shooter should extend his career, so it may not end up being a one- year situation.

For the Spurs, they are almost certain going to rebuild, adding a first helps towards that goal. Also Collins might still turn into something, and Ariza seems to still be valued in the NBA for some reason. They could probably exact a second or two for him and Hood could be outright waived.

Without the first attached, obviously its a bad deal for the Spurs but Portland was reportedly willing to trade their pick this year even though it was likely lottery bound. They are willing to move firsts to get better.
    Last edited by cd021; 04-18-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a bigger trade too. Does seem to work for everyone though:

CHI: DeRozan & Collins
    POR: Aldridge & White
    SAS: Porter Jr, Nurkic, Ariza, & Markkanen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be interesting to know if LMA would be open to moving to any team other then Portland. As far as moving him if you know your not going to keep him or you know your going to loose him you might as well try to get something before he walks away.
    I don’t see him being a problem child if he’s moved anywhere else. I also don’t see him staying there, or frankly here, either. He’s going back to Portland, period. I don’t think he’ll be traded anywhere else, simply because teams know this, and won’t offer anything for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland is in a win now mode they have Whiteside contract ending so do they want him or do they want to trade for LMA? If I am Portland I would do the trade and giving the Spurs a late first would not be a deal breaker at all. As long as we get one year rentals I am OK with that cause as I said before we need to tank hard the next two seasons and hopefully hit the draft top 3 picks both years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland is in a win now mode they have Whiteside contract ending so do they want him or do they want to trade for LMA? If I am Portland I would do the trade and giving the Spurs a late first would not be a deal breaker at all. As long as we get one year rentals I am OK with that cause as I said before we need to tank hard the next two seasons and hopefully hit the draft top 3 picks both years.
    Whiteside seems like he is one of those players who doesn't know his real value. Portland may offer him a reasonable deal and he'll probably turn it down. Portland appeared willing to move their 1st this year, even though it was likely lottery bound for a upgrade. I think they'd be willing to part with their 2021 pick, assuming that its lottery protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Works for me. Then trade Ariza for a pick. Still won’t happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chicago’s owner would fire the GM if he made that dumbass trade. Truly terrible for them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago’s owner would fire the GM if he made that dumbass trade. Truly terrible for them.
    I think you’re overvaluing what Chicago can get if Markkanen demands to be traded. Porter played like 15 games and is set to make around 28 million (easily one of the worst contracts) and not many teams would want to pay Markkanen, a big, substantial money the following year. So getting back DeRozan and Collins seems to be an obvious win.

But I am curious to know your opinion. How much do you think the Spurs would have to give up?? A second? A first??

Thread Information