Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the jazz!! They can’t lose
    We want them to,anymore? I mean...Rockets look like they are going for the 3 seed and they are playing pretty good lately.We want Rockets or OKC more than the Nuggets?
    Granted we are underdogs in all 3,but who do we have the better odds upsetting,realistically?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We want them to,anymore? I mean...Rockets look like they are going for the 3 seed and they are playing pretty good lately.We want Rockets or OKC more than the Nuggets?
    Granted we are underdogs in all 3,but who do we have the better odds upsetting,realistically?

maybe we have to stay at 7th seed to have a chance for an upset

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets are the only team the Spurs can show up against, but Nuggets would still win in 7, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets are the only team the Spurs can show up against, but Nuggets would still win in 7, imo.
    Ho-lee-fak,you weren't completely negative on that take.It was refreshing.

I'll take an out in 7 from Denver with getting playoff experience for any Spur that hasn't been there.

Especially since the alternative is a sweep from the Warriors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ho-lee-fak,you weren't completely negative on that take.It was refreshing.

I'll take an out in 7 from Denver with getting playoff experience for any Spur that hasn't been there.

Especially since the alternative is a sweep from the Warriors.
    I still want the Spurs to tank and I play up the schtick more than ever. But Spurs match up perfectly well with Denver, it's just a matter of showing up and Pop pushing the right buttons and playing the right guys. Not a given with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now the difference between the 8th seed and 3rd seed is 4 in the loss column/3 games. Rockets/Thunder/Blazers with same record. Rockets/Jazz 7-3 out of last 10. Going to be interesting how the month plays out. Especially up to the road trip of @ Rockets, @Celtics, and @Hornets. Just being locked in the Spurs only staying around the 7th or 8th seed is very premature. The Spurs do need to play better on the road, but we don't know where they will ultimately land. They just need to stay healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we forgetting that Kerr already came out and said he was gonna rest his guys down the stretch? Which means they are ok punting the 1st seed because they know they will face us as the 2nd seed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason, maybe because historical ownage is there for Pop and Spurs vs D'antonio and Rox, I'm not scared of them anymore than Nuggets. Warriors will own us. But Rox are just mentally weak in my mind or Pop just owns Dantonis nuts..

But since they haven't even won the West in the past 20 yrs. Or haven't gone through us in taht same time. And couldn't close us out at home without Kawhil.

Im just never gonna fear em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For some reason, maybe because historical ownage is there for Pop and Spurs vs D'antonio and Rox, I'm not scared of them anymore than Nuggets. Warriors will own us. But Rox are just mentally weak in my mind or Pop just owns Dantonis nuts..

But since they haven't even won the West in the past 20 yrs. Or haven't gone through us in taht same time. And couldn't close us out at home without Kawhil.

law of averages will play dude..rockets and d’antoni will finally beat the spurs in the playoffs..tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember White guarding Harden pretty well when they matched up. But we know they will expose our other midget guards and the no defense Derozan and Belinelli. Rockets would beat the Spurs in 5 and D'Antoni will finally get one up on Pop. Let's not wish for a matchup against them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings just loss that gives us a little more cushion in the standings from being out of the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets choking their lead against the Lakers. Maybe we shouldn't fear them after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets choking their lead against the Lakers. Maybe we shouldn't fear them after all.
    but but but you said they will in 7

nuggets is the favorable matchup if we want a chance to get to the 2nd round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but but but you said they will in 7

nuggets is the favorable matchup if we want a chance to get to the 2nd round
    I still think it can happen. Never underestimate Pop pushing the wrong buttons. Like overplaying Mills and Forbes together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I know we suck on the road, but it pretty obvious that that Nuggets are the team you want in the first round..They are this year's cute little regular season team that fattens up its record early but eventually hit the wall late in March/April..

Any other oppoenent and we are getting swept or losing in 5..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh the nuggets now leads the lakers by 11..we should fear them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will need to root against the Clippers from here on out..They are our clear compe ion for the 7th seed and a softer first round match-up with Nuggets..

Both us will be slight underdogs vs Denver, but you could always fancy your chances against a rookie playoff team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors will luck out like always and draw us when the Clippers will put up a bigger fight against them at least. We know its coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I want the 7th seed. Gives us a good enough draft pick and we got a good chance winning the series against Denver. Also keeps us out of the Warriors bracket and Houston, OKC and Portland are all beatable teams that LA usually plays well against

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    law of averages will play dude..rockets and d’antoni will finally beat the spurs in the playoffs..tbh
    Ehhh. Anything over a longer time span will likely occur. But i dont have to pucker up thinking bout the Rox. No one on that damn team scares me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember White guarding Harden pretty well when they matched up. But we know they will expose our other midget guards and the no defense Derozan and Belinelli. Rockets would beat the Spurs in 5 and D'Antoni will finally get one up on Pop. Let's not wish for a matchup against them.
    Ehhh. You wouldnt have said that 2 wks ago. I am wishing for a matchup on the opposite side of the bracket at GSW. Thats all.

Pop won't sic Harden with White till 4th qtr. Let Harden shoot away. Sit on their 3pt shooters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi, Green, Murray, Kyle, Simmons ... this team was stacked on perimeter defenders, if you believe that the current team can produce the same result, you're delirious (with all respect)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that Denver is preferable to the Warriors, but he diffrence is minimal. I can't see how we win 1 of the first 2 games in Denver, and then it is over. But yes, we could hope for a series. The problem is getting to 7th. The ty Rodeo trip made 7th the ceiling (could have been 5th with a couple easy wins).

Clippers are playing with heart, both Doc and the the players want to win, and it shows on the court: no way Doc after being dismissed as GM will lose games to get a better pick. I wish we had a Beverley too, his energy is contagious. They are my favourite for 7th, unfortunately.

All considered, a lot depends on next four games, of which we must win three. Otherwise I think 8th seed.
    (Utah will get 3rd and it will be fun if Houston gets the 5th against OKC, I want to see 7 games George guarding Harden)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, Green, Murray, Kyle, Simmons ... this team was stacked on perimeter defenders, if you believe that the current team can produce the same result, you're delirious (with all respect)
    What about thinking the other way too.

They don't have their top 2 perimeter defenders either...Shutdown defender and glue (Ariza) as well as Beverly..

Instead of ty Gasol's defense, which every team just picked and roll till they isolated him, we have a 10x better defender with Poeltl.

Derrick White is a better point guard today than we had that season. Parker was hurt and Dejounte/Mills cant match what D White can do this yr

So if you don't get what I just wrote, you must be delirious (with all respect).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about thinking the other way too.

They don't have their top 2 perimeter defenders either...Shutdown defender and glue (Ariza) as well as Beverly..

Instead of ty Gasol's defense, which every team just picked and roll till they isolated him, we have a 10x better defender with Poeltl.

Derrick White is a better point guard today than we had that season. Parker was hurt and Dejounte/Mills cant match what D White can do this yr

So if you don't get what I just wrote, you must be delirious (with all respect).
    nah, the current team has many defensive weaknesses compared to that team, and it would not even be necessary to watch the games to know that, but you can pretend otherwise, no intention in making it change your opinion, half-full glass, I guess

Thread Information