Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is going to have to make some adjustments. Unfortunately, there aren't great answers, but at least something.

Play Thad Young. OR, Trade Thad Young. It's not like he's holding the team back, but if they aren't going to play him then make a choice. Unfortunately, that's hard for this FO.

Play Jock Landale. I like Drew Eubanks, but if he isn't going to bring something on on offense, particularly his 3 point shooting he worked on, then he needs to sit. He's playing tense. And bricking that one 3 off the backboard didn't help. Hopefully that changes, but I'm ready to see Landale now. He should be well out of concussion protocol.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Young teams without superstars lose close games. That would be this team. Talented enough to keep it close, but inexperienced enough to close out games. It’s ok. With DDR we win some of these, but not enough for the playoffs and to much for the lottery. Spurs are playing tough. That’s what matters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play Thad Young. OR, Trade Thad Young. It's not like he's holding the team back, but if they aren't going to play him then make a choice. Unfortunately, that's hard for this FO.
    They can't trade Thad Young if there aren't any decent offers out there. I doubt they have a bunch of suitors lined up at the door waiting just so that they can park him on the bench.

Otherwise, you don't take a lowball offer just for the sake of making a trade. He will become more valuable later in the season or around the trade deadline once teams start facing injuries or figuring out their needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can't trade Thad Young if there aren't any decent offers out there. I doubt they have a bunch of suitors lined up at the door waiting just so that they can park him on the bench.

Otherwise, you don't take a lowball offer just for the sake of making a trade. He will become more valuable later in the season or around the trade deadline once teams start facing injuries or figuring out their needs.
    Well, we don't really know for sure what offers were on the table, nor what offers they could revisit. But to your point that his trade value should increase at trade deadline. That's possible. But the opposite is also possible that people see him playing 4 minutes a night and think he is washed. Rememeber, I said they should either play him or trade him. By play him, I didn't mean 4 minutes a night. I think my point is still valid: they need to make some sort of decision. It seems that moment to decide may have already passed, but doesn't mean i love the decision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no offers for Thad Young except offers that involve the Spurs eating money of bad players. Why would any contender who thinks they want Thad Young trade for him when the Spurs are going to buy him out eventually? Its the same thing as LMA last year. Except Thad Young's value is probably even less. Thad young was a good player last year but I don't think any team is tearing down the Spurs door trying to get at him and I'm not sure why anyone else here would think that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the game last night I forgot that Luka is kind of a whiny turd. Great player, but already seems to be way too into himself. Is this the godson that humble Rasho raised?!?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a fun fact -- after five games the Spurs have outscored their five opponents.

Doesn't get you much but . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the game last night I forgot that Luka is kind of a whiny turd. Great player, but already seems to be way too into himself. Is this the godson that humble Rasho raised?!?
    He is a whiny turd, but man he whines, then he gets that switch with a big behind the three point line and then he nails it for what seems like every time. Dude, in my opinion, is the best player in the NBA overall (his offensive skills make up for his lack of defensive skills). The fact that he whines may annoy some, but I think it makes him kind of fun.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sucked about last night's game is the way Spurs looked faster, more athletic, more cohesive than the Mavericks in that initial 1st Q run. We were flat out bullying them. Granted Porzingis was out. But it was pure punishment and bullying.

Then they woke up and Murray went to the bench and it all went to total . That motion offense we ran looks so feeble and predictable when Kidd wanted to make it difficult for us. Only time it looked like it had life was when Murray had the ball in his hands or the few times we hit Portl in the paint to create for himself in the post.
    Last edited by LaMarcus Bryant; 10-29-2021 at 12:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle is no longer with the Mavs.

To me, it looked like the Spurs started second-guessing themselves once they were up 20. Granted, the Mavs started playing defense, but part of it was the Spurs being too hesitant in trying to create shots after that initial run.
    It was a pretty poor game overall, in my opinion. Brunson was probably the best player on the floor, which is not a good sign for the overall quality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's a fun fact -- after five games the Spurs have outscored their five opponents.

Doesn't get you much but . . .
    haha thats true. mostly because of the blowout game of course.

Spurs - 550 pts
    Opponents - 549 pts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sucked about last night's game is the way Spurs looked faster, more athletic, more cohesive than the Mavericks in that initial 1st Q run. We were flat out bullying them. Granted Porzingis was out. But it was pure punishment and bullying.

Then they woke up and Murray went to the bench and it all went to total . That motion offense we ran looks so feeble and predictable when Kidd wanted to make it difficult for us. Only time it looked like it had life was when Murray had the ball in his hands or the few times we hit Portl in the paint to create for himself in the post.

Carlisle is no longer with the Mavs.

To me, it looked like the Spurs started second-guessing themselves once they were up 20. Granted, the Mavs started playing defense, but part of it was the Spurs being too hesitant in trying to create shots after that initial run.
    It was a pretty poor game overall, in my opinion. Brunson was probably the best player on the floor, which is not a good sign for the overall quality.

That is absolutely NOT what happened. Popovich put in the worst ing lineup possible out of a timeout and allowed a comeback. He does this every goddamn game we go up big. He did it against the Lakers the game prior. He did it during the 2nd round in 2016 against OKC constantly playing West/Diaw/Anderson/Mills together knowing these 4 on the court meant automatic layups. , just look at game 6 of the 2013 finals. It's what he does and nobody knows why.. I don't even think he knows why, but he has to do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drives me bat . It’s like he wants the game to be more difficult.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drives me bat . It’s like he wants the game to be more difficult.
    I think it's really his ego causing him to make the game more difficult. He believes in a sick way that if the game is more harder and the Spurs win then he will get credit for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People want to compare Luka to Bird because he's white, but in terms of game, style and a ude Luka really reminds a lot of Harden (good and bad).
    Last edited by BillMc; 10-30-2021 at 08:01 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People want to compare Luka to Bird because he's white, but in terms of game, style and a ude Luka really reminds a lot of Harden (good and bad).
    My Bird comp is more about innate feel and the ability to score with limited athletic ability. But both are sneaky good at being able to get by their man or to get to their preferred sweet spots.
    As far as play style yes he is more like Harden ...as far as being whiny it's like lobcity era Clippers ...

Thread Information