Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wall might be worth a sniff but the money is basically insurmountable.
    At this point, Wall is just a shorter, worse version of DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL can you imagine this board's reaction if the Spurs were playing Primo and he was shooting under 30%, with godawful advanced stats to boot? 90% of the threads on the first page would be about him being a bust.

EXACTLY! you can’t please everyone and it would certainly be a damn feeding frenzy of negative post if the young man did get minutes and played awful

i think a lot of folks forget that the coaching staff see’s what these players can and cannot do way more than we do. They see them consistently at practice and when they are working out. while we speculate over a few clips or minutes we’ve seen of a player in garbage time of a game.

a perfect example is Forbes. Forbes gets run not because he is a teachers pet but because the guy is a damn good shooter. I remember listening to NBA radio over the summer and Antonio Daniels some how got to talking about Bryn Forbes and how good a shooter he is. Daniels still lives in San Antonio and he has played pick up ball with a lot of the Spurs players and he says during pickup games Forbes simply doesn’t miss when he shoots the ball. Lol. Daniels said the guy is one of the best shooters he has ever seen play the game. He also pointed out his deficiencies but stated the reason that a guy like Forbes is in the league is due to his shooting and in today’s game shooting is a needed skill more than ever.

I say all of that to say this again. I think Primo definitely is a better overall player than Forbes is now or every will be but this team needs shooting badly and Joshua needs minutes to work on his craft. Joshua isn’t going to beat out any of the players in front of him on the depth chart because if he was he would’ve impressed enough during Summer League, off season training, training camp, and preseason. The coaching staff has seen enough so far to think he can benefit from the G-League because they’ve seen him extensively more than we have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man Primo is definitely not skipping out on Legs Day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think he could eat minutes better than Forbes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo's jacked for someone not even 19 years old.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EXACTLY! you can’t please everyone and it would certainly be a damn feeding frenzy of negative post if the young man did get minutes and played awful

i think a lot of folks forget that the coaching staff see’s what these players can and cannot do way more than we do. They see them consistently at practice and when they are working out. while we speculate over a few clips or minutes we’ve seen of a player in garbage time of a game.

a perfect example is Forbes. Forbes gets run not because he is a teachers pet but because the guy is a damn good shooter. I remember listening to NBA radio over the summer and Antonio Daniels some how got to talking about Bryn Forbes and how good a shooter he is. Daniels still lives in San Antonio and he has played pick up ball with a lot of the Spurs players and he says during pickup games Forbes simply doesn’t miss when he shoots the ball. Lol. Daniels said the guy is one of the best shooters he has ever seen play the game. He also pointed out his deficiencies but stated the reason that a guy like Forbes is in the league is due to his shooting and in today’s game shooting is a needed skill more than ever.

I say all of that to say this again. I think Primo definitely is a better overall player than Forbes is now or every will be but this team needs shooting badly and Joshua needs minutes to work on his craft. Joshua isn’t going to beat out any of the players in front of him on the depth chart because if he was he would’ve impressed enough during Summer League, off season training, training camp, and preseason. The coaching staff has seen enough so far to think he can benefit from the G-League because they’ve seen him extensively more than we have
    Sniff sniff sniff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think he could eat minutes better than Forbes?
    I don’t want him eating minutes. I want him learning a rocker step. I want him operating out of the triple threat position. I want him cleaning up his handle. He needs the ball in his hands, a lot. He needs to be the focus.

You can get a guy off the waiver wire to eat minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I want to play the game to win the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I want to play the game to win the game.
    Primo in Austin is about winning more games in the future. If he’s just eating Forbes minutes, he won’t be developing, or impacting the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo in Austin is about winning more games in the future. If he’s just eating Forbes minutes, he won’t be developing, or impacting the game.
    I get what ur saying.
    I wonder if 20 mins in the bigs is worth more than 35 in the minors. Plus DJM and DW and Lonnie need help.
    Last edited by GAustex; 10-31-2021 at 11:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid is going to be a monster physically in a couple of years by the looks of it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, does he look bigger than when he was drafted? He's already looking bigger to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, does he look bigger than when he was drafted? He's already looking bigger to me.
    no sh!t, dude's got a stout base on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo with the tree trunks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thicc!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he lights up the G-league & develop some winning combo with Cacok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what ur saying.
    I wonder if 20 mins in the bigs is worth more than 35 in the minors. Plus DJM and DW and Lonnie need help.
    definitely 20 minutes in the big leagues is worth more than 35 in the minor leagues.

I just don’t think Primo would consistently get 20 minutes in the NBA at this point in the season without playing him over guys (outside of Forbes) that the coaching staff and locker room most likely deem as more ready than him at this point.

Maybe later in the season once he has figured out the play book and team philosophies, trades happen, or injuries occur he most likely will be behind the more seasoned players.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he 6'8" yet? I was promised open growth plates and supers om. How much longer must we wait???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he 6'8" yet? I was promised open growth plates and supers om. How much longer must we wait???
    I heard he is 6'13" with -2% body fat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's in shoes though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and deded

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get what ur saying.
    I don't think that's the choice though. The choice is a) 0-5 minutes in the bigs vs b) 35+ minutes in the g league... Yeah, Pop could find 20 MPG for him, but he ain't going to. Not with DJ, White, Vassel, Lonnie, Keldon and Tre ahead of him for development minutes at the 1-3...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think that's the choice though. The choice is a) 0-5 minutes in the bigs vs b) 35+ minutes in the g league... Yeah, Pop could find 20 MPG for him, but he ain't going to. Not with DJ, White, Vassel, Lonnie, Keldon and Tre ahead of him for development minutes at the 1-3...
    Well that is what I am getting at. He should get 20. He should get all of Forbes and spell big minute dudes like DJM and White just a bit. But Pop

Thread Information