Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bring on the mavs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am a little alarmed that in a game where virtually everyone played great Derrick was somehow still very bad
    Everyone has a role. What's white role?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually spurstalk good for 10 pages of ing per game

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a real “fun” place here. For me, I expect losses but it’s stupid to cheer against our players improving and playing well. We’ll never be a better team then. We already wiffed on Luka. Lonnie is a mild to moderate let down. White is plateauing. We have Dejounte and Vassell improving and not much else. There’s already enough disappointment, why ask for more?

The fans crying for Primo will be the first ones to abandon him. I want to get a better sense of Tre first before dumping him to play Primo.

Hopefully somehow get Pop’s record this year sooner than later, then trade Young perhaps, and give Primo minutes. May not work out that way obviously but that’s my loose thought.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When on the floor with Dejounte, to alternate with him in being the lead or secondary ball handler and initiator of the offense.

When on the floor without Dejounte, to be THE primary ball handler and initiator of the offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usually spurstalk good for 10 pages of ing per game
    This is one of the most toxic team forums around. Actually well-known for being that way. Part of the problem is timvp let the toxicity fester for a long time, even encouraged it. Used to actually be worse with the slurs, racism, bigotry. Now it's just a spout of constant foulness about players. Really, it's not as bad as it was, if it's still pretty awful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t watch it but this is the hot shooting game I thought was due. I don’t think they can maintain it but maybe they will surprise. DWhite is still due for his shooting game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t watch it but this is the hot shooting game I thought was due. I don’t think they can maintain it but maybe they will surprise. DWhite is still due for his shooting game.
    Hopefully it's just regression to the mean. Obviously you don't expect them to shoot 56% from three every game, but you also don't expect them to shoot in the 25% range that they were early in the season.

We've actually worked our way up to 35% on the season which is middle of the pack (13th). Our bigger issue is lack of attempts where we still sit at 29th...even with a whopping 29 attempts per game. Oh, how the NBA has changed.

Being dead last in free throw percentage ain't great either.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like the Mavericks, Lakers, Pacers, and Thunder?
    One of those teams is not like the others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Thad with 17 points and 8 assists

I think someone earlier called him Bobo-lite

Dude definitely is helping his trade value at the very least...but considering how hard it is to get talent to come to SA, may be worth keeping around if he is willing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Thad with 17 points and 8 assists

I think someone earlier called him Bobo-lite

Dude definitely is helping his trade value at the very least...but considering how hard it is to get talent to come to SA, may be worth keeping around if he is willing
    The offense was pretty crisp with him on the floor. I like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are we trying to win games?
    My theory... it's an addiction. Like a junkie craving his next fix: "Please, just one more win. That's all I ask. Then I can be strong, I can be rational. But right now, ohgawd, please, just one... more... win..."

Like that. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scoring points is definitely part of what he's supposed to be doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why dont the Spurs make a move for Bagley?
    He's too expensive for the gamble, 11M.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a real “fun” place here. For me, I expect losses but it’s stupid to cheer against our players improving and playing well. We’ll never be a better team then. We already wiffed on Luka. Lonnie is a mild to moderate let down. White is plateauing. We have Dejounte and Vassell improving and not much else. There’s already enough disappointment, why ask for more?

The fans crying for Primo will be the first ones to abandon him. I want to get a better sense of Tre first before dumping him to play Primo.

Hopefully somehow get Pop’s record this year sooner than later, then trade Young perhaps, and give Primo minutes. May not work out that way obviously but that’s my loose thought.
    Agree on all points, man.

The people that are on Primo's nuts to play NBA minutes will be the first to on him once he struggles or faces some adversity.

Rinse, wash, repeat......

This is one of the most toxic team forums around. Actually well-known for being that way. Part of the problem is timvp let the toxicity fester for a long time, even encouraged it. Used to actually be worse with the slurs, racism, bigotry. Now it's just a spout of constant foulness about players. Really, it's not as bad as it was, if it's still pretty awful.
    Yeah, the toxicity really has been apart of this place for a long, long time. Once Nephew bailed, the team became a middling group and the losing began the whining/complaining has reached an all - time high, IMO.

Not surprising that all people did was complain and whine during a game won going away.....

And this group will lose more than they'll win, so getting W's here and there is okay. They'll still be in line for a top 10, or even better top 5, pick in what could be another loaded draft.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 11-11-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree on all points, man.

The people that are on Primo's nuts to play NBA minutes will be the first to on him once he struggles or faces some adversity.

Rinse, wash, repeat......

Yeah, the toxicity really has been apart of this place for a long, long time. Once Nephew bailed, the team became a middling group and the losing began the whining/complaining has reached an all - time high, IMO.

Not surprising that all people did was complain and whine during a game won going away.....

And this group will lose more than they'll win, so getting W's here and there is okay. They'll still be in line for a top 10, or even better top 5, pick in what could be another loaded draft.
    There is really no science towards tanking. Sometimes you can intentionally tank and it goes your way like it did with the Sixers when they ended up with Embiid in Simmons. There are other times I have seen tanking not workout. For example the time when the Celtics tanked for Tim Duncan and just ended up with Ron Mercer and Chauncey Billups. I also remember the Hornets tanking for Anthony Davis and then ending up with the 2 pick and getting Kidd-Gilchrist which was a huge drop off. The funny thing is when the Hornets didn't intentionally tank they were projected to get the 10th pick but ended up with the third pick and drafted Melo.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some level of fools gold to this game cause the Spurs were so hot from 3 and the Kings were so cold. Move each team just a couple shots towards average and it would have gone down to the wire.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some level of fools gold to this game cause the Spurs were so hot from 3 and the Kings were so cold. Move each team just a couple shots towards average and it would have gone down to the wire.
    I agree. I would also say luck finally went our way. We were due to have a good night eventually, especially at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When on the floor with Dejounte, to alternate with him in being the lead or secondary ball handler and initiator of the offense.

When on the floor without Dejounte, to be THE primary ball handler and initiator of the offense.
    You only have one pg on the court controlling the game and calling the plays. Taking in turns usually doesn't work. Murray has it going and is controlling that team. White is in this weird hybrid mode and has been asked to launch 3s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You only have one pg on the court controlling the game and calling the plays. Taking in turns usually doesn't work. Murray has it going and is controlling that team. White is in this weird hybrid mode and has been asked to launch 3s.
    It has to work if you're going to be a good team. Make a list of good teams and you'll see most of them have multiple players capable to initiating offense. You'll also see that most of those pairings play heavy minutes together, often taking turns creating based on what the defense offers them.

But maybe putting Vassell in the SL and White on bench can help make his role more clear to him. Then again, that could also backfire by completely killing off White's already shaky confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My theory... it's an addiction. Like a junkie craving his next fix: "Please, just one more win. That's all I ask. Then I can be strong, I can be rational. But right now, ohgawd, please, just one... more... win..."

Like that. lol
    You need to bench those people... smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, how dare professional athletes who have spent their entire lives honing their craft actually want to win games?

What the is wrong with them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is already on the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully soon SAGirl. Unfortunately, the Mavs game was not it.

Thread Information