My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A group of protesters gathered outside the Washington, DC, Courthouse on Wednesday holding signs emblazoned with “Free Them All” and “Care Not Cages” to demand the release of detainees at the DC jail, many of whom have been awaiting trial for several months. “Our loved ones and our family members have been kept in that jail in feces and in urine. They’re being held in inhumane conditions,” Qiana Johnson, an organizer with the Black-led prison abolitionist grassroots group Harriet’s Wildest Dreams said to the small crowd. “Mayor after mayor, administration after administration—that jail has been the same.”

She added: “The DC jail is 87 percent Black and the moment that a white person enters into that jail, they want to make change. Shame!”

Johnson was referring to a new wave of public scrutiny and outcry over the jail’s dismal conditions that she and other activists say was prompted not by the long-standing mistreatment of people of color and efforts of advocates such as herself, but rather in response to complaints from a much smaller and whiter detained population: the January 6 Capitol insurrection defendants and one of their most outspoken champions, controversial Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

In mid-October, US District Court Judge Royce Lamberth called for a Department of Justice investigation into the potential violation of the detained rioters’ civil rights and held jail officials in contempt of court for failing to turn over medical records that were necessary to approve surgery for Christopher Worrell, a defendant and member of the Proud Boys from Florida who has cancer and is being held on charges of pepper-spraying law enforcement officers, to which he has pleaded not guilty. Judge Lamberth has since ordered Worrell, whose many claims of medical mistreatment have been characterized by the DOJ as “unsubstantiated,” to be transferred to a different jail or released on home detention, calling the conditions at the jail deplorable.

Shortly after, the US Marshals Service for the District of Columbia conducted an “unannounced inspection” of two DC Department of Corrections (DOC) jails. They found that conditions at the Central Treatment Facility (CTF), where roughly 40 January 6 defendants are currently being held awaiting trial, didn’t call for a transfer for detainees. But according to the US Marshals assigned to the case, the Central Detention Facility, informally known as the DC jail, had “evidence of systemic failures” and didn’t meet minimum standards of confinement. The CDF has a total population of roughly 1,200, the majority of whom are Black, and are being held pretrial or serving time for misdemeanor offenses. Among the main findings were an “overpowering” smell of urine and feces, meals served cold and congealed, routine water shutdowns, and DOC staff “antagonizing detainees.” As a result of the inspection, the Marshals announced 400 people would be moved to a facility 180 miles away in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.

“I am disappointed but not surprised,” Johnson told me after the rally. “It took one white person in a facility that houses 80 percent Black people for them to complain and for their voices to be heard. And now Black people are going to suffer because they’re going to be moved away from their families and from their lawyers. That’s a punishment.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad so sad. They wanted to be in a federal building.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That same logic SHOULD be used for MUH GUNZ!

IF blacks and browns get smart and begin to form MILITIA GROUPS

GUNZ will immediately be banned!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Are you calling blacks and Hispanics stupid?

It's so easy to tell who here is not right in the head IRL, they use the exclamation point after just about everything they say.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you calling blacks and Hispanics stupid?

It's so easy to tell who here is not right in the head IRL, they use the exclamation point after just about everything they say.

as a general rule -

YOU calling anyone here stupid is just hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL Reagan and the NRA supporting firearm bans when it was scary negroes carrying them to the state capitol.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Reagan and the NRA supporting firearm bans when it was scary negroes carrying them to the state capitol.
    pretty much already proven -

they should re-organize and watch the right clutch their pearlz again!

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

THE NFAC FORMED A MILITIA AND HAS BEEN MARCHING IN PUBLIC WITH GUNZ SINCE 2017 AND GUNZ HAVE NOT BEEN BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

if pre-pubescent Rittenhouse were black, showed up with AR15 at that disturbance, cops woulda shot him dead on sight.

Blacks finally got vote in the Confederacy when armed blacks protected the voting sites.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THE NFAC FORMED A MILITIA AND HAS BEEN MARCHING IN PUBLIC WITH GUNZ SINCE 2017 AND GUNZ HAVE NOT BEEN BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    R U SERIOUS!!!???????!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A group of protesters gathered outside the Washington, DC, Courthouse on Wednesday holding signs emblazoned with “Free Them All” and “Care Not Cages” to demand the release of detainees at the DC jail, many of whom have been awaiting trial for several months. “Our loved ones and our family members have been kept in that jail in feces and in urine. They’re being held in inhumane conditions,” Qiana Johnson, an organizer with the Black-led prison abolitionist grassroots group Harriet’s Wildest Dreams said to the small crowd. “Mayor after mayor, administration after administration—that jail has been the same.”

She added: “The DC jail is 87 percent Black and the moment that a white person enters into that jail, they want to make change. Shame!”

Johnson was referring to a new wave of public scrutiny and outcry over the jail’s dismal conditions that she and other activists say was prompted not by the long-standing mistreatment of people of color and efforts of advocates such as herself, but rather in response to complaints from a much smaller and whiter detained population: the January 6 Capitol insurrection defendants and one of their most outspoken champions, controversial Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene.

In mid-October, US District Court Judge Royce Lamberth called for a Department of Justice investigation into the potential violation of the detained rioters’ civil rights and held jail officials in contempt of court for failing to turn over medical records that were necessary to approve surgery for Christopher Worrell, a defendant and member of the Proud Boys from Florida who has cancer and is being held on charges of pepper-spraying law enforcement officers, to which he has pleaded not guilty. Judge Lamberth has since ordered Worrell, whose many claims of medical mistreatment have been characterized by the DOJ as “unsubstantiated,” to be transferred to a different jail or released on home detention, calling the conditions at the jail deplorable.

Shortly after, the US Marshals Service for the District of Columbia conducted an “unannounced inspection” of two DC Department of Corrections (DOC) jails. They found that conditions at the Central Treatment Facility (CTF), where roughly 40 January 6 defendants are currently being held awaiting trial, didn’t call for a transfer for detainees. But according to the US Marshals assigned to the case, the Central Detention Facility, informally known as the DC jail, had “evidence of systemic failures” and didn’t meet minimum standards of confinement. The CDF has a total population of roughly 1,200, the majority of whom are Black, and are being held pretrial or serving time for misdemeanor offenses. Among the main findings were an “overpowering” smell of urine and feces, meals served cold and congealed, routine water shutdowns, and DOC staff “antagonizing detainees.” As a result of the inspection, the Marshals announced 400 people would be moved to a facility 180 miles away in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.

“I am disappointed but not surprised,” Johnson told me after the rally. “It took one white person in a facility that houses 80 percent Black people for them to complain and for their voices to be heard. And now Black people are going to suffer because they’re going to be moved away from their families and from their lawyers. That’s a punishment.”

More of a point than the neo-fascist party will admit to.

Thread Information