Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truly wonder what the Spurs will be up to this summer. Running it back with everybody?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay playing his cards to perfection tbh

He’s gonna secure a loyalty contract this summer and can still ring chase because the Spurs have made it a tradition to buy out washed up vets every season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David, Tim, Manu, Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you, this was bad. If Chriss were a young but not good player like Kabengele, that would be one thing. If this trade came with some type of Bird rights, that would be one thing. If getting cash added to the amount of cash a team could send out in a subsequent trade, that would one thing. But there's literally no basketball benefit to doing this, and it will make it hard for the Spurs to replace LMA with another player. Remember, they could've used this spot/money on a prospect the whole year and chose not to. It's bad. It's not a nothingburger. The only hope is that this is a one-time thing and not how the FO is going to (be forced to?) run from now on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy Gay playing his cards to perfection tbh

He’s gonna secure a loyalty contract this summer and can still ring chase because the Spurs have made it a tradition to buy out washed up vets every season
    Damn this seems pretty likely tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy on your sig already licking his chops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm here for timvp's slow heel turn into a full-blown exhaler

This season might finally be that breaking point that Forbes and Beli could never achieve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sniffvp turning back into timvp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy on your sig already licking his chops.
    Oh he knows his future is secure. Dude will have his jersey retired here when all is said and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm telling you, this was bad. If Chriss were a young but not good player like Kabengele, that would be one thing. If this trade came with some type of Bird rights, that would be one thing. If getting cash added to the amount of cash a team could send out in a subsequent trade, that would one thing. But there's literally no basketball benefit to doing this, and it will make it hard for the Spurs to replace LMA with another player. Remember, they could've used this spot/money on a prospect the whole year and chose not to. It's bad. It's not a nothingburger. The only hope is that this is a one-time thing and not how the FO is going to (be forced to?) run from now on.
    Yeah, I can't come up with a positive angle other than the ownership made money. It's not even like the Spurs could have profited so much money in this trade that they could use that extra money to sign a player. The only thing restricting them is their room below the luxury tax ... and, no matter how you slice it, they have less room under the luxury tax after this trade.

For the sake of the fans, hopefully there's a domino we don't quite see yet like Aldridge giving back more than expected ... but even that doesn't really alter the match of this trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I can't come up with a positive angle other than the ownership made money. It's not even like the Spurs could have profited so much money in this trade that they could use that extra money to sign a player. The only thing restricting them is their room below the luxury tax ... and, no matter how you slice it, they have less room under the luxury tax after this trade.

For the sake of the fans, hopefully there's a domino we don't quite see yet like Aldridge giving back more than expected ... but even that doesn't really alter the match of this trade
    Heard he's giving back ~$7Mil

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should change 'swallow' to 'sniff' in le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The damage control that will be done by the seat sniffers that day will be must-see

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to know the Spurs helped a team, no matter how small, that is competing with them to get a playoff spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And before anyone cartwheels in here to say this trade is no longer bad because LMA gave back money, no. This trade is so much worse, because the Spurs didn't NEED to save the $100k and still chose to do it. It's not as damaging to the basketball side now, but it's just as troubling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The damage control that will be done by the seat sniffers that day will be must-see
    he is a good mentor for youngers and we take care of our guys, 60/3 is an very acceptable contract - patfo fluffer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's nice to know the Spurs helped a team, no matter how small, that is competing with them to get a playoff spot.

For real gotta make sure kerr and co.can open a roster spot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m seeing this guy is 23 years old and a former 8 pick in 2016. He is also the perfect size player and relative skill set we are desiring. Outside shot he might workout?

I remember he played in a league game with Dejounte one year too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m seeing this guy is 23 years old and a former 8 pick in 2016. He is also the perfect size player and relative skill set we are desiring. Outside shot he might workout?

Nope

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he is a good mentor for youngers and we take care of our guys, 60/3 is an very acceptable contract - patfo fluffer
    That was word for word what they said during Gasol might have to make a bingo card of excuses before then and see how many I cross off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember he played in a league game with Dejounte one year too.
    Nope. He's injured, out for the year, free agent after the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Not sure why people are acting like the sky is falling. As ty as the trade is, it's just another "we like what we've got" move from the FO; which should be expected at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And before anyone cartwheels in here to say this trade is no longer bad because LMA gave back money, no. This trade is so much worse, because the Spurs didn't NEED to save the $100k and still chose to do it. It's not as damaging to the basketball side now, but it's just as troubling.
    Yeah, I mean Aldridge giving back $7.25 million makes it somewhat more understandable ........... but the Spurs still have less to spend than they would without this money grab.

Now if the Spurs do nothing with the money and the roster spot(s), it's even worse than before, I agree. At the very least, they need to take a swing at a G Leaguer with their extra cash and roster spot. Especially since they desperately need as many bodies as possible right now.

Thread Information