Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...season-game-2/

Obviously, there's no reason to panic . . . but it'd be nice to see this team play well at some point before the games begin to count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like a year where we will see the team play really well ... after a couple of months. And it's a horrible year to drop a ton of early games. I see talent and sense in that roster. But Pop's gonna have to make the obvious decisions and not try to get too cute with his match-ups Walker's development is now the key to the first half of the season. Pop can't go away from that until at least White gets healthy. Even when Johnson comes back, he will probably need to start on the bench first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, for SAGirl 's benefit:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for these OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop keeps tinkering / Lyles will be this years Forbes / Vassell needs to hit the weight room / Walker would do well to focus on perfecting a 3-D role, as his shot is looking good / Tre also looks like end of 1st round talent, nice pick a la Jacque Vaughn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker's development is now the key to the first half of the season. Pop can't go away from that until at least White gets healthy,
    Hard agree. For the Spurs to win games without White, the straightest line is for Walker to start and hope he turns into a 15-to-20 points per game scorer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades Timvp as always.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, for SAGirl 's benefit:

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard agree. For the Spurs to win games without White, the straightest line is for Walker to start and hope he turns into a 15-to-20 points per game scorer.
    The issue is, I don't think that happens with Murray, DeRozan, Aldridge and especially Gay as the rest of the unit. There were stretches of the game where Walker barely shot. Some of that was definitely a matter of aggression. But a good deal was guys like LMA, Gay and Murray shooting quick shots. To some extent, you just have to accept quick looks if you want to increase the pace. But Pop has to earn his money by calling plays to get Lonnie looks and by staying in his ear making him take them. I see Walker as the clear third option behind LMA and DMDR going forward. If he's not getting Eric Gordon levels of touches, it's not going to work. That unlike those other two he can shoot the three well just makes it more important that he get a lot of manufactured attempts until his acclimates to knowing when he's supposed to step up.

Also, the team could use his penetration and kicking. He showed that once tonight, but his potential in that end is why I wanted the Spurs to draft him so badly in 2018. It's like Kira Lewis but with more size and less experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was one play tonight where Lonnie drove in and threw up a circus shot when the defender met him at the rim. He has to reduce those.

Hoping to see the Lonnie + Poetl connection next game. I hope Pop is in his ear about contributing in other ways than scoring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. The game was blacked out for me on Directv. Same for Thursday I reckon. So thanks Chinook for the video. Any ideas of how I can watch Thursday's game would be appreciated, but I believe I'm out of luck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. The game was blacked out for me on Directv. Same for Thursday I reckon. So thanks Chinook for the video. Any ideas of how I can watch Thursday's game would be appreciated, but I believe I'm out of luck.
    So for me, I live in Austin, and the game was blacked out for the Spurs feed, but I randomly got a Houston feed on my U-Verse channel 2105. Never even knew channels went up that high. Anyway, I'd check to see if something similar is available on whatever providers you and the other folks who had issues have. I had to search my guide to find that channel, and my cable box turned off after the game ended like it was some creepypasta or whatever. I'm pretty confident something similar will happen again on Thursday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with the Spurs getting off to a horrible start to the season. Would prolly be the final nail in the coffin to their hesitance to trade LMA/DPR, allowing the team to play younger while getting a high pick in this year's stacked draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like a year where we will see the team play really well ... after a couple of months. And it's a horrible year to drop a ton of early games. I see talent and sense in that roster. But Pop's gonna have to make the obvious decisions and not try to get too cute with his match-ups Walker's development is now the key to the first half of the season. Pop can't go away from that until at least White gets healthy. Even when Johnson comes back, he will probably need to start on the bench first.
    With all the roster moves that have happened league wide, you would think this Spurs team would have a leg up chemistry wise on the compe ion.
    I still believe LA starting is a mistake. You need Jakob to cover for some of the perimeter issues and then Vassell can help hide some of LAs plodding-ness.
    Can’t believe DJ, Patty and Lonnie got ripped by Boogie in the same game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for me, I live in Austin, and the game was blacked out for the Spurs feed, but I randomly got a Houston feed on my U-Verse channel 2105. Never even knew channels went up that high. Anyway, I'd check to see if something similar is available on whatever providers you and the other folks who had issues have. I had to search my guide to find that channel, and my cable box turned off after the game ended like it was some creepypasta or whatever. I'm pretty confident something similar will happen again on Thursday.
    LP also only had Houston feeds, even on the Spurs channel. And really poor quality ones at that. Pixelated, almost SD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offense was nonexistent once Demar left the court.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m amazed at how Lyles and free throws can sway even a preseason game

Man he was terrible!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA grade for this game is definitely a D. He's makes the team stagnant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey thanks. Yeah normally I find something and Houston did broadcast it, but Directv blocked it out. I'll keep searching for a feed on Thursday. Regular season almost all the games are on FSSW which I get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should be A++

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA grade for this game is definitely a D. He's makes the team stagnant.
    Did you watch game? When Demar’s night was over, the offense looked like a JV team.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    season is over before it begins if lma/derozan/gay r starting game 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    op, I'm panicking... this team blows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Aldridge will not even try, he shouldn't even be on the court in these pre-season games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What to panic about? The FO has been a farce for several years and has not tried to be aggressive in rebuilding or retooling like OKC or if they have tried they have not pulled it off. HOF coach will not play best line ups and key players are already injured. No panic but this will likely not be a good season.

Thread Information