Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1651
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to Wikipedia, that was the case for the original amnesty, but not the second one that happened in 2011 -- the one that had the claiming process. The second one removed from both. The CBA FAQ only includes a tiny blurb about it to say it doesn't exist anymore, but it does state both clauses took the salary off the cap as well.
    Thanks. Wasn't the first amnesty in 2006 or so and is how the Spurs got Michael Finley, because Cuban had put the Mavs deep into tax and using the amnesty on Finley was the easiest way out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. Wasn't the first amnesty in 2006 or so and is how the Spurs got Michael Finley, because Cuban had put the Mavs deep into tax and using the amnesty on Finley was the easiest way out?
    Yeah they amnesty bought him out summer of 05. Spurs came in quick and hard and got him,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they amnesty bought him out summer of 05. Spurs came in quick and hard and got him,
    Findog may have been the reason they put in the 2Xyears+1 limiter. He got paid out over TEN YEARS at $5M/yr. To put that in perspective, his final payment from the Mavs came just after our River parade in 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Findog may have been the reason they put in the 2Xyears+1 limiter. He got paid out over TEN YEARS at $5M/yr. To put that in perspective, his final payment from the Mavs came just after our River parade in 2014.
    Lol I forgot about the 10 year stretch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just for perspective, here's what LA gave to NO for Anthony "When I'm on the floor, I'm a mother er" Davis...:

- Brandon Ingram
    - Lonzo Ball
    - Josh Hart
    - three first-round picks
    - and two pick swaps

Yikes, good luck getting that in return.
    There is no way they even get half of that. Davis' value is lower than ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Troll alert….

27, 29 Lakers unprotected FRPs, a future pick swap and Russ for McDougal and Zollins?

We have a ton of cap space that will probably go unused. Lakers are dumpster of an organization and will be for years after LBJ so that draft capital could be solid. Never welcome Russ to the team just buy him out.

I’d consider it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Troll alert….

27, 29 Lakers unprotected FRPs, a future pick swap and Russ for McDougal and Zollins?

We have a ton of cap space that will probably go unused. Lakers are dumpster of an organization and will be for years after LBJ so that draft capital could be solid. Never welcome Russ to the team just buy him out.

I’d consider it.
    As a fall back option if we can't find something more attractive I'd consider an iteration of that deal too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Troll alert….

I’d consider it.
    LA would probably rather stretch him than give us those kinds of assets. Money really isn't an object, and they could spread the cap hit over 3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA would probably rather stretch him than give us those kinds of assets. Money really isn't an object, and they could spread the cap hit over 3 years.
    That barely helps them in free agency if at all. Waiving and stretching Russ gives them like 5-10m in cap space max and they don’t own Monk’s bird rights. They need to pay someone to swallow most of Russ’ buyout and THT to have cap space. I’m not advocating for this but it’s the only way they can retool and only a few teams can accommodate something like this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might be right on they would rather buy him out but stretching it does not really do much. they should be over the cap or right at it with the minimum contracts so they would only have the MLE. this would also hurt their salary cap the two years after when they would have it. If money is no object would be better to not stretch pay the lux tax and then have the money the year after which is the same year lehype leaves and leaves AD all by himself.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The toughest thing about the Russ contact is there’s no logical trade partner who can absorb it in a trade, even though it’s expiring, and the best they can probably hope for is to take on two smaller dud contracts to make those pieces more tradeable. Kind of like Mavs did with Porzingis (Dinwidie and Porzingis).

Seeing them this screwed is a beautiful sight.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The toughest thing about the Russ contact is there’s no logical trade partner who can absorb it in a trade, even though it’s expiring, and the best they can probably hope for is to take on two smaller dud contracts to make those pieces more tradeable. Kind of like Mavs did with Porzingis (Dinwidie and Porzingis).

I could see NY doing a trade. It would be several players going back but they could want him as a PG on a 1 year rental to see how good he is. La might take back some of their trash to get out from russ and fill out their team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've only seen one scenario/rumor that looks plausible, and that's Russ for Buddy Hield + Malcolm Brogdon. Both guys have multiple years left on their contracts, so Indiana could sacrifice one year with Westbrook, and then have a lot of cap space to build around Haliburton & Turner after 2023. If the Lakers add their 2027 frp it's a decent deal for them, and it would obviously be a coup for the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've only seen one scenario/rumor that looks plausible, and that's Russ for Buddy Hield + Malcolm Brogdon. Both guys have multiple years left on their contracts, so Indiana could sacrifice one year with Westbrook, and then have a lot of cap space to build around Haliburton & Turner after 2023. If the Lakers add their 2027 frp it's a decent deal for them, and it would obviously be a coup for the Lakers.
    Brogdon and Hield could easily be moved without taking in Russ. That is a dream trade for Lakers, doubt Indy does that even for a few far out FRPs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see many teams lining up to help the Lakers which is delicious in its own way. Lowe was posturing that Knicks might roll the dice, which I can see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see many teams lining up to help the Lakers which is delicious in its own way. Lowe was posturing that Knicks might roll the dice, which I can see.
    The Lakers not only want to move Russ but appear hesitant to attach draft picks and still expect a return. I hope they are stuck with him and Monk leaves. I’d pay Monk just to fk them and trade him at a later date.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Lakers not only want to move Russ but appear hesitant to attach draft picks and still expect a return. I hope they are stuck with him and Monk leaves. I’d pay Monk just to fk them and trade him at a later date.
    I actually think monk would fit nicely next to DJ if we move a couple of other guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are rumors that Jordan wants to get out from under Terry Rozier and Gordon Hayward and would be open to acquiring Westbrook for them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are rumors that Jordan wants to get out from under Terry Rozier and Gordon Hayward and would be open to acquiring Westbrook for them.
    If they are committed to Bron and AD then LA should take that if it's on the table

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm Lakers, I take that trade in a heart beat. Granted its more money, but but those players would be more moveable in the future if they don't work out.

Guess for CLT, rids them of some heavy money....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, if Jordan is dumb enough to want Westbrook, Pelinka should take that deal and run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, if Jordan is dumb enough to want Westbrook, Pelinka should take that deal and run
    I don't think he wants Westbrook so much as he wants out of those two bad deals. Westbrook is an ending contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That should still cost LA two FRPs. Hayward has value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he wants Westbrook so much as he wants out of those two bad deals. Westbrook is an ending contract.
    I wouldn't want that clown anywhere near my young players if I'm coach Borrego

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want that clown anywhere near my young players if I'm coach Borrego
    If that deal goes through I'm sure it's only to shorten the salary cap burden, and they'd buy him out afterwards.

Thread Information