Page 117 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4088
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs draft Williams at #9, it will cement the narrative that they overemphasize pre-draft camps like the combine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While pre-draft camps are an important tool for evaluating prospects, I don’t believe they should be the end-all, be-all that the Spurs sometimes seem to treat them as (as evidenced by them picking prospects like Samanic or Jean-Charles largely based on one strong game at a pre-draft camp).

Rather, I believe they should be used as one evaluation tool among many, looking at a player’s entire body of work leading up to that moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn’t cement anything. We don’t know what data they have available. If anything, they probably use it to confirm their pre-draft assumptions gathered from season-long evaluation work. Fans love to pretend like the entire process is akin to an airplane pilot with only three buttons to press: Fly, land, and speakerphone. You only have access to what’s presented to you on the surface by way of Youtube videos, articles, and mock drafts (which are 99% wrong come draft day). Stop pretending like you have access to more than that. Jesus Christ.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be a complete Cluster if we were to pick Williams with the 9th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have a list of the players who have worked out with the Spurs?

Will the Spurs draft a player who doesn't meet with them?
    They have done that in the past if someone falls to them that they liked and the player didn’t work out for them bc he expected to go higher. I can see it if someone falls. For the later picks they likely get their darlings still on the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs draft Williams at #9, it will cement the narrative that they overemphasize pre-draft camps like the combine.
    they have been doing that for a while tbh. Livio and Samanic for example

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They never interviewed, met, or worked out Kawhi. Same with Batum, but he got grabbed one pick before ours.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont believe anything with the Spurs is truly constant. They may have done X, Y, and Z in the past, but they always adapt to the times and leadership is always changing. People say, “well, it’s what the Spurs do”, then a year later like this past offseason they made several trades that were uncharacteristic of them.

It’s “uncharacteristic” because you believed the Spurs act a certain way. The only thing constant about them is that they adapt or they try to do things before the rest of the league.
    Please. They clearly have a type they favor (S bag excluded, who has an atypical personality for a professional athlete, biracial and/or foreign) unless an inner city American falls to such an extent that the value is too good to pass up (Blair, Murray).

There isn't an organization that's been less adaptable to the times than this. They rarely draft or develop players with modern skillsets, continue to play an archaic style and refuse to promote their players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also didn't meet with Keldon. He refused in fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also didn't meet with Keldon. He refused in fact.
    He didn’t work out for us, because he was slotted late lottery, and we had #29. Not sure if they met with him or not. You have to limit workouts to teams in your projected draft area. Each one risks injury.

Spurs have taken meetings with players they had no chance of drafting before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn’t work out for us, because he was slotted late lottery, and we had #29. Not sure if they met with him or not. You have to limit workouts to teams in your projected draft area. Each one risks injury.

Also thought he even refused to interview with them. We couldn't even get his ph #, so when we drafted him, we couldn't call him. It was hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally dreamt last night that the Spurs picked some random guy at #9 we had never heard of and was projected to be a late first / second round pick. Woke up with a sigh of relief when I realized it was just a dream

Then I remembered that’s exactly what happened last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then I remembered that’s exactly what happened last year
    True.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I thought his team was thinking he was going to get drafted way higher - I vaguely remember seeing many mocks of him being in the top 16 and was very surprised he dropped

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A visit? Where'd you see that, tbh?
    Thought I had seen a tweet with that info, maybe from Noah Magaro-George?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m surprised we haven’t gotten our annual rumor report of us looking to move up in the draft yet lol seriously every year there’s some speculation of us trying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought his team was thinking he was going to get drafted way higher - I vaguely remember seeing many mocks of him being in the top 16 and was very surprised he dropped
    We had 19th pick too. So strange

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We had 19 also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the Spurs have to like JWill enough to take him at #9 or else he might be gone by #11 to the Knicks (Thibs paying extra attention to him and he’s a fan favorite for their pick) or at #14 to the Cavs (fan favorite and a perfect fit for their team). Despite what fans say about how picking JWill would be a cluster , I think I’ll trust the likely interest of Jerry West and long-tenured coaches over their opinion.

but who the knows what they’ll do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New speculation:
    I think Blake Wesley, Dalen Terry, Kendall Brown (outside of the fact that it’s already reported he worked out with us) are in play for our picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely goes in top 10 if they redraft that class now.

Unfortunately Lonnie probably goes late 20s in his…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely goes in top 10 if they redraft that class now.

Unfortunately Lonnie probably goes late 20s in his…
    Yet if we actually had a top 10 pick in that class, people would be insistent on the Spurs drafting whoever was being mocked in the top 10 and would cry years later how we missed out on a talent like Keldon smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New speculation:
    I think Blake Wesley, Dalen Terry, Kendall Brown (outside of the fact that it’s already reported he worked out with us) are in play for our picks
    Not a fan of Kendall Brown or Beauchamp, but I wouldn't complain if they're our picks @ 25. I do love Blake Wesley, hope it turns out to be the case. He'll fit in the Lonnie role instantly, with a much higher upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought I’d share this bc it was a curious note.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information