My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been collecting data for the past hour. It appears the sun no longer exists.
    we already knew you were incapable of holding a conversation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, still a terrible analogy.
    which premise doesn't work?

do you accept that driving drunk elevates risk of accidents?
    do you accept that being unvaccinated elevates the risk of contracting covid?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we already knew you were incapable of holding a conversation
    24 more minutes of data confirms, it's gone, the sun is gone.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    makes a lot of sense, actually

sober drivers (vaccinated folk) and drunk drivers (unvaccinated) can both cause fatal accidents (spread covid). , its even possible for a sober driver to kill another sober driver (a vaccinated person can transmit covid to another vaccinated person)

but we dont accept drunk driving because it elevates the risk of fatal accidents (unvaccinated people are more likely to have and thereby spread covid)

we still accept some baseline level of risk that even sober drivers can cause accidents (vaccinated people can have and thereby spread covid)
    And driving drunk or sober is the driver's choice.

But if you have to explain every detail, it was never going to work with some folks.
    imo it was understood and fine. Especially compared to others on this site.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24 more minutes of data confirms, it's gone, the sun is gone.
    So like, how far beyond are normal orbit are we about now?
    And now the sun cant be blamed for global warming, do you have any idea what fix you put the red team in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think a better one would be the unvaccinated are like drivers not wearing seatbelts.

As a vaccinated person, I'm not worried about what an unvaccinated person can do to me anymore than I am what a vaccinated person can do to me. The vaccine doesn't provide sterilizing immunity, so the vaccine is to protect the individual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a better one would be the unvaccinated are like drivers not wearing seatbelts.

As a vaccinated person, I'm not worried about what an unvaccinated person can do to me anymore than I am what a vaccinated person can do to me. The vaccine doesn't provide sterilizing immunity, so the vaccine is to protect the individual.
    The vaccine prevents most from getting the symptoms (called getting THE DISEASE) which is indicative that they are capable of spreading.
    So drivers NOT wearing seatbelts are more likely to run into you?
    Can you explain the mechanism behind this? Because they know if the do get into a wreck it aint gonna be good?
    So if you do get infected AND give the disease to another person, you will THEN get infected AND get the disease?

*Crinkle trash*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It now appears that vaccination does no more to prevent contracting covid than being unvaccinated. Try to keep up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It now appears that vaccination does no more to prevent covid infection than being unvaccinated. Try to keep up.
    The vaccine does and still does work in increasing the probability you will NOT get the disease (this INCLUDES associated symptoms) we call Covid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vaccine does and still does work in increasing the probability you will NOT get the disease and associated symptoms we call Covid.
    NFL says o

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the seat belt one makes a less sense, because driver A deciding to wear a seatbelt or not has no bearing on driver/pedestrian B's safety (unless the lack of seatbelt causes driver A to get catapulted out the windshield and kamikaze somebody), whereas a person's decision to be unvaccinated (or dunk behind the wheel) causes heightened risk to himself and those around him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vaccine prevents most from getting the symptoms (called getting THE DISEASE) which is indicative that they are capable of spreading.
    So drivers NOT wearing seatbelts are more likely to run into you?
    Can you explain the mechanism behind this? Because they know if the do get into a wreck it aint gonna be good?
    So if you do get infected AND give the disease to another person, you will THEN get infected AND get the disease?

*Crinkle trash*
    I agree that vaccination is like wearing a seat belt. If you drive long enough you will get in an accident. The seat belt hopefully prevents life threatening injury.

If you are out in public enough you are gonna get covid. Hopefully vaccination prevents life threatening injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This refutes absolutely nothing I have already stated.
    If you are vaccinated, and want to catch the disease, find people who are shedding virus, get very close to them in meeting rooms and such day after day.
    Breathe the air they have polluted. And hope you get a VERY large dose of virus at once.
    This would be the way you would go about to TRY and catch the disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It now appears that vaccination does no more to prevent contracting covid than being unvaccinated. Try to keep up.
    sorry
    you've been sharing this lie nonstop though...

Latest CDC data by vaccine status:

Unvaccinated: 451 cases per 100k
    Vaccinated: 134 cases per 100k
    Boosted: 48 cases per 100k

Unvaccinated: 6.1 deaths per 100k
    Vaccinated: 0.5 deaths per 100k
    Boosted: 0.1 deaths per 100k

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree that vaccination is like wearing a seat belt. If you drive long enough you will get in an accident. The seat belt hopefully prevents life threatening injury.

If you are out in public enough you are gonna get covid. Hopefully vaccination prevents life threatening injury.
    being unvaccinated heightens the risk for others around you. not wearing a seatbelt doesnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So what do you do to drunk drivers who are repeatedly caught driving and running into other people besides telling them to wear their seatbelt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vaccine does and still does work in increasing the probability you will NOT get the disease (this INCLUDES associated symptoms) we call Covid.
    Thats a goal post move requiring symptoms. Asymptomatic are just as contagious as symptomatic. The vaccine doesn't prevent it. The vaccine is mostly for personal protection to hopefully prevent serious illness WHEN you get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people here are so mad that vaccines work but not with 100.0% efficiency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do you do to drunk drivers who are repeatedly caught driving and running into other people besides telling them to wear their seatbelt?
    Another goal post move. I said nothing about drunk drivers. And yes, drunk drivers increase the probability of accidents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats a goal post move requiring symptoms. Asymptomatic are just as contagious as symptomatic. The vaccine doesn't prevent it. The vaccine is mostly for personal protection to hopefully prevent serious illness WHEN you get it.
    And strike three again with probability.
    The vaccine absolutely prevents symptoms that are indicative that someone is much more likely to spread it (shed virus).
    Asymptomatic is rare and many ARE NOT ACTIVELY shedding virus.

This can change. But here we are right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people here are so mad that vaccines work but not with 100.0% efficiency
    You suck. Im not mad, just being realistic about what they can and can't do. I have had covid and am triple vaxxed so I'm not saying I disagree with them, I just accept them for what they can maybe do, which is hopefully prevent serious injury and death.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And strike three again with probability.
    The vaccine absolutely prevents symptoms that are indicative that someone is much more likely to spread it (shed virus).
    Asymptomatic is rare and many ARE NOT ACTIVELY shedding virus.

This can change. But here we are right now.
    Its an aerosol. It just requires breathing to spread. You don't have to be hacking and coughing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You suck. Im not mad, just being realistic about what they can and can't do. I have had covid and am triple vaxxed so I'm not saying I disagree with them, I just accept them for what they can maybe do, which is hopefully prevent serious injury and death.
    your anecdotal experience is valid, but it does not trump published data. has shown time and time again the vaccines are effective at not only preventing serious symptoms/hospitalizations, but also infection

i know somebody will jump in and say that using the word "prevent" implies that it is 100% effective at doing so in all cases. it's not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only did you get infected, you GOT the disease (And associated symptoms). You are falling pray to snakeman's snakeoil that everyone will get infected statement. And as I understand it you got the fairly bad symptoms, symptoms that some people never even experience. And your very bad symptoms thankfully did not aid in your death. So you escaped the worst outcome of getting infected by the virus and getting the associated symptoms AND it being bad enough to lead to your death. I hope you do not experience any long term problems that some appear to exhibit as a reminder.

Thread Information