Post Count
    1 Superstar
    2 All-Star
    2 Super Role Player.

Discuss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, you trying to be subtle but it's gonna backfire, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    got still trying to play some Cambodian refugee who can't properly do a le after more than a decade.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I love it when you just throw some stupid out there and then say "Discuss".

Okay, let's see... OP is a got.

End of discussion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Super teams repeat. End of topic tbh..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 deeper/stronger: D. Robinson, Duncan, Jackson, Ginobili, Parker, Bowen, Kerr, Smith, Claxton, Rose, Willis, Ferry

2005: Nesterovic, Duncan, Bowen, Ginobili, Parker, Horry, Barry, Rose, Udrih, Mohammed, Massenburg, G. Robinson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 deeper/stronger: D. Robinson, Duncan, Jackson, Ginobili, Parker, Bowen, Kerr, Smith, Claxton, Rose, Willis, Ferry

2005: Nesterovic, Duncan, Bowen, Ginobili, Parker, Horry, Barry, Rose, Udrih, Mohammed, Massenburg, G. Robinson
    03 was all duncan tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good but Duncan was injured the whole playoff run. Bum Ankles after all the sprains that season. Tony was still inconsistent as in the playoffs also. Very bad in the finals..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich allowed a 22 year old Parker and 33 year old Bowen to carry the weight for that season in total minutes, while Duncan and Ginobili's advanced stats were absolutely through the roof (and nearly identical). Masterful coaching.

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think both teams 2003 and 2005 were super teams - 2005 was the big 3 at their collective peak, or the beginning of their combined peak. I think 2005 is better remembered as the stronger team because of the stronger compe ion. I think Pistons could have won it all also - they also had a super team IMO that dismantled the "on paper" LA super team the year before. It was a of a series - I couldn't sit straight the entire series. I literally ate my nails off

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. I love it when you just throw some stupid out there and then say "Discuss".

End of discussion.

Lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

End of discussion.
    This tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took 7 years to get over losing Beno tbh. Team was never the same after he left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised no one bit on apalisoc_9 real intentions with this thread, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The '03 squad is definitely underrated. Rookie Manu + Young Jackson and Veteran Kerr was a deadly rotation. I would have to say '05 takes the edge just because of Prime Manu + Horry and Barry off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good but Duncan was injured the whole playoff run. Bum Ankles after all the sprains that season. Tony was still inconsistent as in the playoffs also. Very bad in the finals..
    So bad in the Finals that he was permanently benched for Speedy Claxton. At least he acknowledged he was terrible afterwards tbh. And then totally redeemed himself in 2007.

Lol at calling 2003 a Superteam though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

05 Parker was much improved over 03 Parker.
    03 D-Rob was better than Nesterovic, especially defensively and on the blocks.
    05 Barry an upgrade on old Kerr, with all due respect to his clutch threes.
    03 End of the bench arguably deeper.

It's in the margins, tbh. I'd probably give the edge to 05, cos I'm not sure 03 Manu gets the Spurs past the 05 Pistons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Manu gives the edge to the '05 team over the '03 one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2003 Team had no business beating a Near Prime Shaq, and full on Prime Kobe Lakers, in 6 games. 2003 Spurs were a talented but terribly inconsistent team. They blew so many leads in the playoffs. they needed 6 games to beat the Suns, after blowing game 1.. That is a team nobody really talks about, but it was one of the most impressive runs a Superstar ever had. Duncan's greatness flat out dragged that team to a Championship..

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2004-2005 Spurs could beat any team in history in a 7 game series, in my humble opinion.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    03 was all duncan tbh.
    Kerr and SJAX go ballistic to save Duncan's ass (As mentioned in the clip, Duncan went 27 minutes without a field goal).

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    05 Manu was as good as current day Lou williams tbh, who is like 34 years old right now. The definition of super role player. A pleasure to watch him destroy other benchwarmers. The good ole days. Then 2006 happened.....

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one ever talks about the Spurs from 2003-2007 as historically great teams. It’s annoying as . They rang 3 times in 5 years just like the Warriors did. Could’ve won 5 straight if Manu didn’t get 0.4’d by DFish or given a stupid and-1 to Dirk. If he didn’t speak Spanish and wasn’t white, he’d be treated a lot differently here. I read about the Speedy/Tony more than I do of Manu’s countless playoff choke jobs. I guess you’re held to a different standard when you have more Allstar appearances, FMVPs, and better stats. Oh well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr and SJAX go ballistic to save Duncan's ass (As mentioned in the clip, Duncan went 27 minutes without a field goal).
    Disagree. I remeber that game. During that run he was getting double teamed every touch.

Stupid don nelson kept doubling and giving the 3

Thread Information