Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Well if you want to be all down and not see any positives then fine... But to me they did attempt a comeback but couldn't fully carry it out. It could have really been a 30 pt blowout had they not buckled down in the end. We know it could have been worse.
    Don't take this personal but if your seeing a silver lining in the fact that the Spurs were only blown out by 11 points instead of 30, I don't know what to tell ya. A loss is a loss by any other name. There are no moral victories here.

These games are meaningless in the grand scheme. We are the 2nd seed and it doesn't change anything. I want to see something/someone different.
    Great news!!!! You're going to want to tune in to tomorrow's game against Denver. I have a sneaky su ion you'll be seeing a lot of Matty, Boban, Kyle and Jonathon. That should be a nice change of pace for a change. I'll be at a night club if you need me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are gonna stomp these ers on Sunday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't take this personal but if your seeing a silver lining in the fact that the Spurs were only blown out by 11 points instead of 30, I don't know what to tell ya. A loss is a loss by any other name. There are no moral victories here.

Great news!!!! You're going to want to tune in to tomorrow's game against Denver. I have a sneaky su ion you'll be seeing a lot of Matty, Boban, Kyle and Jonathon. That should be a nice change of pace for a change. I'll be at a night club if you need me.
    lol you had to read the comments within a context.

I obviously meant that I don't mind experimenting with guys and lineups like A.Miller (was glad to see K.Martin since we needed a scoring punch) bc these games don't lift us up or down in the standings. They don't mean anything for seeding and the only thing we get from them are learning opportunities, rhythm, practice repts for the veterans, and development opportunities for Kyle.

You can't enjoy basketball if you don't see moral victories when certain guys play well or execute something to try to come back at the end, particularly in the RS. Its still a loss and I am sour and don't hate on others who are more sour than me. But in this one we were better than in January and I saw some positive things.

Then really some guys were not very good, which 100%Duncan mentioned in his post so no need to rehash.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Patty was going to be a headache against Clippers Austin Rivers too.
    I hope next game Pop tries A.Miller. If he is going to experiment with something new, that might be something to try.
    Didn't Pop or RC say he was signed b/c they thought he would come in handy against big guards like Livingston?

In 2005, Spurs signed Glenn Robinson in April who played only a handful of games in the regular season but had a couple of cameos in the playoffs so that might be Miller's role. (K-Mart ACTUALLY has a spot in the rotation as a backup wing if Pop decides D-West is unplayable against the Worriers & roll w/ Kyle as the backup 4)

Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 04-08-2016 at 03:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got this fam we got this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked Anderson's play. Play under control offensively and rebounded well. D wasn't bad either.
    Agreed, solid on the defensive glass. Like that he can bring the ball up the floor, Duncan tends to hold the ball for a couple of seconds looking for an outlet before tossing the ball to Parker who is only a few few ahead of him.

One worry is his ability to space the floor. Had an open 3, up faked, drove and then posted before tossing it to Parker back on the perimeter. KA is a good midrange shooter and can get his own shot though. I would like him more as a PF against the Warriors, replacing West in the lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Pop or RC say he was signed b/c they thought he would come in handy against big guards like Livingston?

In 2005, Spurs signed Glenn Robinson in April who played only a handful of games in the regular season but had a couple of cameos in the playoffs so that might be Miller's role. (K-Mart ACTUALLY has a spot in the rotation as a backup wing if Pop decides D-West is unplayable against the Worriers & roll w/ Kyle as the backup 4)

It was RC. Yea you don't put him on speedy guards, but guards who like to post up by all means. I agree on Kmart. H'es still a situational player, but he could see time when we need scoring like we did in this case bc Patty and Manu were cold shooting. I was glad to see he still has his scoring punch. The most disappointing to me about him was precisely that he had not been producing much offensively bc in moments when we need instant offense he wasn't providing that, but he did in this case.

Although he's been edged out by Kyle currently, he is damned good insurance to have if Patty and/or Manu are not having a good game like they did here. Since at least Patty is so deficient defensively anyways, I would not be opposed to even a Patty/Kmart swap if Patty is getting burned and chucking bricks out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with "all it takes is one win at the oracle" is that it doesn't. Because the Warriors will definitely win a game in SA come playoff time.

, the Spurs lost two home games in the playoffs last year and it cost them dearly. Still, great points 100%duncan
    I mean yeah for sure. But as I always say with that argument, if you need more than 1 win at oracle, then you didn't deserve to win in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs guards are a big problem against the Warriors. Mills is too small to defend Curry or Livingston. But Tony Parker is going to be the biggest reason this team will not go far in the playoffs. Everyone else must be blind if they don't see how much the ball sticks with him. There is no ball movement with him on the court. He also can't run a pnr with Duncan anymore. Why Pop doesn't run more Kawhi/LMA PnR boggles my mind. It is very effective. Parker will get killed by Westbrook and if they're lucky to get past OKC, get torched by Curry. Spurs need to plan and prepare this offseason looking for a younger more athletic starting pg if they want to beat the Warriors and get back to the Finals. Parker as a consistent 3rd scoring option, it's just not happening. Indy wants to replace George Hill. Does anyone think he might go back to SA?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    There is no ball movement with him on the court. He also can't run a pnr with Duncan anymore. Why Pop doesn't run more Kawhi/LMA PnR boggles my mind. It is very effective.
    Pop is saving the Kawhi/LMA PnR for the postseason, he's letting the old folks enjoy the twilight of their career in the regular season while winning 60+ games. Pop didn't play around last postseason & benched Manu against the Clippers.

Parker will get killed by Westbrook
    No reason to put Parker on WestBrick, OKC has trashy wing-players to hide Porker including Roberson. (Pop put Kawhi on Westbrook & Danny on Durant)

Indy wants to replace George Hill. Does anyone think he might go back to SA?
    Could be brought back in 2017 when Patty's contract expires. (Hill will be a free-agent)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs guards are a big problem against the Warriors. Mills is too small to defend Curry or Livingston. But Tony Parker is going to be the biggest reason this team will not go far in the playoffs. Everyone else must be blind if they don't see how much the ball sticks with him. There is no ball movement with him on the court. He also can't run a pnr with Duncan anymore. Why Pop doesn't run more Kawhi/LMA PnR boggles my mind. It is very effective. Parker will get killed by Westbrook and if they're lucky to get past OKC, get torched by Curry. Spurs need to plan and prepare this offseason looking for a younger more athletic starting pg if they want to beat the Warriors and get back to the Finals. Parker as a consistent 3rd scoring option, it's just not happening. Indy wants to replace George Hill. Does anyone think he might go back to SA?
    Hill is so overrated by this board

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny green and his defense blindly defended by spurs s is still the takeaway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim looked bad on offense, but I don't remember all those defensive blunders when he was playing. I could be wrong, but it seemed like most of the layup lapses were when he was out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill is so overrated by this board
    Please no Hill, unless it is Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My takeaway is that they (GSW) will be humbled in the post season . Book it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't take this personal but...
    Why is it that something personal always follows those words?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw at center, LMA and Kawhi at forwards

Anderson and Simmons at guard!

_---------------------------------------------------

guys, may i ask? can this line-up work against the Warriors????

just thinking

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really, i really like the game of Kyle

when Manu and Tim retires, my new idols shall be: LMA, Kawhi and Anderson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the next big three:

Kawhi, LMA and Kyle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

_-------------------------------------------

take Parker away from the SL

get JOhn Wall, then G Hill can be his backup

and we are set for the next decade, hahahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My takeaway is that they (GSW) will be humbled in the post season . Book it!

--------------------------------------------------

me too!!!!

love this!!!!!

BELIEVE!!!! IT CAN BE DONE, BOYS

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't blame Pop for Aldridge going revers right into Boguts hand when he had a clean layup on the other side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love how whenever I open a thread and see cutewizard post I always know there are going to be at least 4 more consecutive posts and then.... there are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We didn't get anything from our centers (Tim and West) in this game. Tim's stat line was pathetic (3rb, 2TO, 4 on 2-6) and his defense wasn't there against the speedy DUBS front line either. If you notice his TOs they are usually when another player just slaps the ball out of his hands and then Tim looks like a very old man trying to find the ball on the floor. How many times lately have we seen that result in Tim falling down on the floor? It is very sad to see, but Father Time beats us all.

West passed up a lot of shots and he was one of our best shooters (4-5). He's really been an asset lately when shooting those mid range jumpers, but he shouldn't have deferred so much last night. But couldn't get a rebound, not one in 23 minutes?

So our supposed 'edge' on big men was crapola. We might better have played Boban at center. At least he has good hands and a rebound or two might fall into them.

On the other hand, late in the 3rd I looked at the stats and couldn't believe my eyes. Dubs were shooting 66% (8-12) on 3s but wound up with "only" 48%. You can't win many games against shooting like that that gets the extra point. Percentage wise, the 3 pt. shot is a killer in winning games if you shoot over 35%. We had a respectable 43% but shot only 16 to their 25. Do the math.

And the Dubs picked our switching defense apart with crisp passes to wide open guys under the basket.

Finally their bench outscored out bench 44-26 and there you have the final clue to the loss.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -So many first half shots were in-n-outs.

-You cannot have mental lapses against this team. Danny swiping at Bogut on a meaningless rebound allowed curry to run out just enough to get off a three. Then another by Klay, and it was six points just like that.

Thread Information