Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the Blazers or the Suns losing. Probably only Memphis will catch an L

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kristian Winfield
    krisplashed
    14m
    Jacque Vaughn says every Nets starter will be available "at the start of the game" tomorrow against the Trail Blazers

NetsDaily @NetsDaily
    7m
    Jarrett Allen says getting to .500 (36-36) with a win tomorrow over Portland is a bit of a motivation. Wuth all the adversity the team had to overcome, the lack of KD and Kyrie, etc, this season, it’s a good marker.

Will the team that stole our color scheme be the savior?
    Last edited by ace3g; 08-12-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets have nothing to lose really. They play a tough matchup and a team playing desperate (this is gonna help them in the future). They are young and their players are already injured. I see all 3 games being compe ive in my opinion (regardless if there will be resting).

Getting into a 7-game series against LA will do wonders for the young players' confidence.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC win today may help us out by locking 5th seed.
    Jazz will have nothing to play for

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the Blazers or the Suns losing. Probably only Memphis will catch an L
    Unfortunately, Giannis was just suspended for that late game headbutt, so the Grizzlies caught a major break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

The NBA is suspending Milwaukee star Giannis Antetokounmpo for the Bucks’ final seeding game on Thursday for head bump on Wizards’ Mo Wagner, source tells ESPN.
    4:20pm · 12 Aug 2020 · Twitter for iPhone

utahjazz @utahjazz
    33m
    Utah Jazz Injury Report: Mike Conley - OUT (right knee soreness) Rudy Gobert - OUT (low back soreness) Emmanuel Mudiay - QUESTIONABLE (left knee soreness)

Bri Amaranthus @BriAmaranthus
    3h
    Dallas #Mavs injury update vs. Phoenix Suns via team game notes. QUESTIONABLE: Seth Curry (right leg soreness) and Kristaps Porzingis (left heel contusion) PROBABLE: Dorian Finney-Smith (left hip strain)

Bucks Lead
    BucksLead
    22m
    Latest injury report for tomorrow's game against Memphis: Ersan Ilyasova (elbow)- QUESTIONABLE Giannis (suspension)- OUT Wesley Matthews (adductor)- OUT Khris Middleton (rest), Eric Bledsoe (knee), and Donte DiVincenzo (elbow) were not listed, so expect them to play.
    Last edited by ace3g; 08-12-2020 at 04:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Middleton, Lopez, Doncic, and Hardaway look like they’ll be playing

there a chance boys tbh

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    first play in game will be saturday.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    lowry just took like, five steps without dribbling and the refs didn’t call a travel

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed it
    Don’t watch nba
    Just the spurs

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets have nothing to lose really. They play a tough matchup and a team playing desperate (this is gonna help them in the future). They are young and their players are already injured. I see all 3 games being compe ive in my opinion (regardless if there will be resting).

Getting into a 7-game series against LA will do wonders for the young players' confidence.
    It will do nothing to get swept in that series. The Spurs have to get the highest draft pick in the next two seasons and add some talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will do nothing to get swept in that series. The Spurs have to get the highest draft pick in the next two seasons and add some talent.
    Cosign!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will give us the record. That's a significant feat that would last for a long ass time. Probably none of us would see that get broken.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so if Im reading right, the only possible change in the west right now is houston / utah for 4/5 seeds and whoever ends up 8th right?
    Yeah i think we'll win but end up watching suns - blazers play in, i'll be rooting for the suns... the philly game and playing less games were the final nail in the coffin. and to think that even with murray's choke, a successful coaches challenge on the embiid shot clock violation would have kept the streak alive ...

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    highest %age is the winner, spurs simply can't win because schedule gave 1 game less than others.

It's not the number of games played, you bag. It's the number of wins.

If the Spurs and the other teams all finished with the same number of wins, and the Spurs have fewer losses (because of fewer games played), they have a higher winning percentage. Playing fewer games is actually an advantage, if the number of wins are the same.

French public schools must be even worse than American public schools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not the number of games played, you bag. It's the number of wins.

If the Spurs and the other teams all finished with the same number of wins, and the Spurs have fewer losses (because of fewer games played), they have a higher winning percentage. Playing fewer games is actually an advantage, if the number of wins are the same.

French public schools must be even worse than American public schools.
    Why are you giving him for? He's right.

Highest winning % gets into the play-in. Neither number of losses nor wins matter. If all teams win tomorrow, the Spurs will be out because they will end up with a lower winning %

Blazers 35-39 - .473 %
    Suns 34-39 - .465 %
    Grizzlies 34-39 - .465 %
    Spurs - 33-38 - 464 %

The way the Spurs have been playing in this bubble I think it's safe to say that if they had 2 more games (to tie the number of games played by the Suns and the Grizzlies), they could have at least gone 1-1 which would have allowed them to catch those teams in terms of winning %. So yeah, playing fewer games has indeed ed the Spurs over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony is that in most baseball or NBA playoff races (where you're comparing teams with winning records rather than losing records) playing less games is an advantage for your winning percentage.

The presumed 1-1 record for the two extra games brings down an above-500 winning percentage the same way it raises up a below-500 winning percentage.

We're conditioned to think of playoff races being between winning teams that end up playing the same number of games -- that's why we're having such a hard time wrapping our heads around a situation where the "all-important" loss column means nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Memphis loses we either are in the playoffs or get the 10th pick?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope we make the playoffs, just to see peoples reaction when Pop goes back to starting Bryn Forbes in the first round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if Memphis loses we either are in the playoffs or get the 10th pick?
    No. Memphis AND Portland have to lose, and the Spurs and Suns have to win for that to happen.

I think the most likely scenario is that all four teams win, and the Spurs pack and go home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony is that in most baseball or NBA playoff races (where you're comparing teams with winning records rather than losing records) playing less games is an advantage for your winning percentage.

The presumed 1-1 record for the two extra games brings down an above-500 winning percentage the same way it raises up a below-500 winning percentage.

We're conditioned to think of playoff races being between winning teams that end up playing the same number of games -- that's why we're having such a hard time wrapping our heads around a situation where the "all-important" loss column means nothing.
    Yeah, and for good reason. Teams with losing records shouldn't be in the playoffs. We've been laughing at the eastern conference for years for that very reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope we make the playoffs, just to see peoples reaction when Pop goes back to starting Bryn Forbes in the first round

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadist

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you giving him for? He's right.

Highest winning % gets into the play-in. Neither number of losses nor wins matter. If all teams win tomorrow, the Spurs will be out because they will end up with a lower winning %

Blazers 35-39 - .473 %
    Suns 34-39 - .465 %
    Grizzlies 34-39 - .465 %
    Spurs - 33-38 - 464 %

The way the Spurs have been playing in this bubble I think it's safe to say that if they had 2 more games (to tie the number of games played by the Suns and the Grizzlies), they could have at least gone 1-1 which would have allowed them to catch those teams in terms of winning %. So yeah, playing fewer games has indeed ed the Spurs over.
    You ignorant . In case you don't get it, winning% is dividing the number of WINS by the total number of games played. Same number of wins and less games played gives a HIGHER winning%. If the Spurs had won the same number of games as the others, having fewer games to divide by was an advantage. It's a math thing.

You're presuming that if the Spurs had played 2 more regular season games, they would have won them. They're in this mess because they were 27-36 when the season stopped for COVID.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You ignorant . In case you don't get it, winning% is dividing the number of WINS by the total number of games played. Same number of wins and less games played gives a HIGHER winning%. If the Spurs had won the same number of games as the others, having fewer games to divide by was an advantage. It's a math thing.

You're presuming that if the Spurs had played 2 more regular season games, they would have won them. They're in this mess because they were 27-36 when the season stopped for COVID.
    Actually DAF is right. You are missing the whole argument. Spurs played 2 games less than the Suns and Memphis before the Covid Shutdown, no matter the record, thats an disadvantage. His argument was, that those 2 games they realisticly could have gone 1-1, which i believe everbody can agree on. This would put the spurs on equal footing with the Suns and Memphis. Spurs have the tiebreaker with memphis (suns i dont know). But the League said from the beginning, thats the least unfair option they could agree on going by percentages. Your whole argument makes therefore no sense for the actual situation the spurs are inn.

Thread Information