My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

murray / patty
    white / lonnie
    covington / carroll
    la / gay, luka
    drummond / poeltl
    i like it but at this point I’m desperate for almost any trade. Man I hate this roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in the end Minny isn't even gonna get a first rounder for Covington? Considering some of the offers they got last year ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in the end Minny isn't even gonna get a first rounder for Covington? Considering some of the offers they got last year ...
    What's "draft compensation" then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got a first for him but immediately rerouted it for two guys on rookie deals they liked. I don't really think it's a bad haul, given they have a decent pick coming to them from sucking.

Also Cov is mad overrated. Dude's always been a worse version of Danny Green, even though advanced stats pretended like he was some impact god.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think Covington moves the needle much. Doesn’t matter who you throw on that team. Harden/WB usage rate is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got a first for him but immediately rerouted it for two guys on rookie deals they liked. I don't really think it's a bad haul, given they have a decent pick coming to them from sucking.

Also Cov is mad overrated. Dude's always been a worse version of Danny Green, even though advanced stats pretended like he was some impact god.
    HOU sent the pick to DEN not MINNY. They netted a first too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think Covington moves the needle much. Doesn’t matter who you throw on that team. Harden/WB usage rate is ridiculous.
    That’s why he fits so well. He gives them a lot of versatility. Lots of shooting. He’s overrated some, but hes a great player for their system. But man, they are small as

Odd strategy vs Lakers - ok vs Clippers. Obviously they are getting a big man somewhere.e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny got ATL's 1st pick from the Nets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOU sent the pick to DEN not MINNY. They netted a first too
    Even better. They traded Covington for two firsts (which is quite a haul given that he sucks) and moved one of them for assets from Denver. I don't love them getting yet more young middling guys, but maybe they'll sort it out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is definitely not done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Rockets don't have any bigs at all now?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    tyson chandler... maybe they go sign faried? maybe they look into moving eric gordon for a C?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    shaq: "i like small ball except when it comes to defensive rebounding." no shît no wonder i had the tv on mute.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Denver gets a first rounder. Any way to spin LMA+ for Millsap and that pick?

Denver is in the hunt. Milsap looks like he's out for a while, and may not be much help down the stretch now. He's expiring, so it would clear a huge chunk of space next year. Sweeten it with a first and it's probably a good start to a new era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tyson chandler... maybe they go sign faried? maybe they look into moving eric gordon for a C?
    Word I forgot they had him, but ain't he too slow to guard the pick & roll? I guess they'll trade for one or sign someone who gets bought out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are very small. Jordan Bell is in the deal, but he’s not really a big. They will grab someone for cheap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even better. They traded Covington for two firsts (which is quite a haul given that he sucks) and moved one of them for assets from Denver. I don't love them getting yet more young middling guys, but maybe they'll sort it out.
    Man, I’m probably just missing something, but where do you get two firsts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting Capelas value was a mid to late first and expiring deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOU always making major changes. I guess it's better than just standing around with their in their hands like the Spurs but god damn. Capella is like the perfect modern center and took a discount on his deal and they just tossed him out like nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it forever now: tall guys who can rebound and run to the rim are a dime a dozen. You can also afford to downgrade if Harden is the one running the offense with them. They'll find someone to fill that spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOU always making major changes. I guess it's better than just standing around with their in their hands like the Spurs but god damn. Capella is like the perfect modern center and took a discount on his deal and they just tossed him out like nothing.
    Look, HOU is the one team that if you sign there you know the deal. They look at you like an asset and that’s it.

They make a ton of moves and give zero f*cks about the future. They have been really good so it’s hard to fault them, but man, if they can’t get a finals run out of this team they are so far set back in terms of pipeline.

But they are creative as and fun for that reason. Just the polar opposite strategic game plan for HOU vs SA. But having a superstar like Harden covers up for a lot so it’s hard to call one way right vs wrong, but I like the Spurs way. It’s sustained for much longer so far.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    initial thoughts: i think ATL won the trade... doesn't seem like they gave up much for him. d'antoni was not using the dude right.

i like cov but it seems like HOU had to give up more to get him than ATL had to for capela.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's "draft compensation" then?
    Figured since they listed a first rounder to Denver it meant Minny got second rounders or a pick swap. If they got the Nets' first rounder from Atlanta it makes it look a bit better. Still, Beasley has been awful this year and Juancho has only played well against the Spurs.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing these other teams make deals reminded me of a song that a Sixth Street band I liked used to play. It's hard being a Spurs fan right now.

Last edited by ZeusWillJudge; 02-05-2020 at 01:33 AM.

Thread Information