Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    18/8 isn't suck. Not sure what your standards are. He would have been Raef Lafrentz if he played 20 years ago. In other words Lafrentz would have been an all star and highly sought after free agent if he played in today's NBA.
    So PATFO gave $80 million to a glorified Raef Lafrentz and you're defending the move?

LMA is so highly sought after that the Spurs couldn't trade him even after he publicly demanded out. That should tell you something about how he's really valued in today's NBA.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Turns out Uncle Drew was just jelly of the Kang:

There's some merit to this story. Kang was allowed to dp this type of stuff the first go round in the Land. Part of the reason why he eventually left Miami was Riles wasn't having it. Uncle Drew wants the same treatment and should have gotten it. No Kyrie, LeHype is light one tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think Curry is as bad of a defender as he is made out to be, but the rest of this post is on-point
    bad footwork, unimpressive wingspan, en led (never hustles), gambles way too much, bad defensive awareness, can't switch on bigger players due to size+strength, does not communicate well (draymonkey and klay unintentionally clean up a lot after him), mentally checks out easily (he either wins big or loses big). Just too many things not going here. Basically the cavs just PnR'd a top 3 defense in the league to death for the '16 ring, just by switching picks just to single out curry for an iso, the most basic offense immaginable ... I always wonder why other teams don't do it but hey, todays nba tbh

imo curry is insanely overrated, and i'd put both durant and draymonkey (only for big series though) over him in terms of overall playoff value for that team (considering they also have klay thomas, livingston, igguadala, etc).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So PATFO gave $80 million to a glorified Raef Lafrentz and you're defending the move?

LMA is so highly sought after that the Spurs couldn't trade him even after he publicly demanded out. That should tell you something about how he's really valued in today's NBA.
    Not saying that it's a great signing, especially given the market at that point. In fact, I was opposed to the signing, you can check my history. However, the Spurs aren't doing any better. Aldridge's value is pennies for the dollar right now, and the Spurs aren't going to get anyone in a trade for LMA that will make the Spurs a better team, so might as well keep him. Only reason to trade him away is to get good draft picks, which no team would do anyways.

I am not talking about LMA now, I am talking about LMA at the point of the signing. He was highly sought after, no point changing history to suit your agenda. As mentioned in above paragraph, it would be stupid for the Spurs to trade him for pennies right now, why would you do that?

Raef Lafrentz would be at least Kevin Love level player in today's NBA. Not great, but a borderline all-star player who can be a solid option on a legit contender. today's NBA

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not saying that it's a great signing, especially given the market at that point. In fact, I was opposed to the signing, you can check my history. However, the Spurs aren't doing any better. Aldridge's value is pennies for the dollar right now, and the Spurs aren't going to get anyone in a trade for LMA that will make the Spurs a better team, so might as well keep him. Only reason to trade him away is to get good draft picks, which no team would do anyways.

I am not talking about LMA now, I am talking about LMA at the point of the signing. He was highly sought after, no point changing history to suit your agenda. As mentioned in above paragraph, it would be stupid for the Spurs to trade him for pennies right now, why would you do that?

Raef Lafrentz would be at least Kevin Love level player in today's NBA. Not great, but a borderline all-star player who can be a solid option on a legit contender. today's NBA
    At the time of the signing, LMA was already known as "Big Man Allen Iverson" for his inefficient style of play. He had just quit on the Blazers in the playoffs. Highly sought after? IIRC, the only other suitors for him were the Lakers and Suns, two teams with clueless front offices. That should have been a red flag at the time, tbh.

If Raef Lafrentz would be a solid option on a contender in today's NBA, then why is the player you compared to him - in your own words - worth "pennies on the dollar" in today's NBA? Surely the list of teams trying to trade for him would be a mile long? Can't have it both ways, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the time of the signing, LMA was already known as "Big Man Allen Iverson" for his inefficient style of play. He had just quit on the Blazers in the playoffs. Highly sought after? IIRC, the only other suitors for him were the Lakers and Suns, two teams with clueless front offices. That should have been a red flag at the time, tbh.

If Raef Lafrentz would be a solid option on a contender in today's NBA, then why is the player you compared to him - in your own words - worth "pennies on the dollar" in today's NBA? Surely the list of teams trying to trade for him would be a mile long? Can't have it both ways, tbh.
    Miami, Mavs, rockets and Blazers all pursued Aldridge. Quite aggressively as well. Aldridge was clearly the number one free agent. Again, no point changing history to fit your narrative.

As for Aldridge, you don't think he can replace love and do the same or even a better job? Besides, Aldridge is a second or third option on the Spurs, which is a clear tier two contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami, Mavs, rockets and Blazers all pursued Aldridge. Quite aggressively as well. Aldridge was clearly the number one free agent. Again, no point changing history to fit your narrative.

As for Aldridge, you don't think he can replace love and do the same or even a better job? Besides, Aldridge is a second or third option on the Spurs, which is a clear tier two contender.
    Additionally, with Kawhi still holding his hand, Aldridge looked very good in Game 1 vs Warriors. Had an aggressive driving dunk which for him was a semi stunning surprise.
    https://youtu.be/XBqR3fVFlVs
    While Softridge was obviously overated, he was not "bad" enough to hold down the Spurs with Kawhi.
    We'll never know next to Zaza and todays NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Spurs fans have never mocked another fanbase for celebrating a WCF appearance?
    There's plenty of room between celebrating it and berating it. Being in the top 4 teams in the league (probably top 3) is a far cry from being . Otherwise, why didn't the Mavs make it to the WCF, you know...like they did back when they were good?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Basically the cavs just PnR'd a top 3 defense in the league to death for the '16 ring, just by switching picks just to single out curry for an iso, the most basic offense immaginable ... I always wonder why other teams don't do it but hey, todays nba tbh
    That's because Curry was injured in the 2016 Finals and Cleveland knew it. He couldn't even get past Tristan Thompson on offense. He was impressive in the 2017 Finals. Defensively, maybe not so much, but he wasn't a defensive liability that he was in 2016. That, and he opened up the series for Kevin Durant.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

He already has a ring and three finals appearances, so this one confuses me a bit. Moreso because it's widely known that John Wall is jealous of Kyrie's shoe deal with Nike

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He already has a ring and three finals appearances, so this one confuses me a bit. Moreso because it's widely known that John Wall is jealous of Kyrie's shoe deal with Nike
    Kyrie was his own man before Lebron. Now he's just one of Lebron's crew. He wants to be his own man again.

I also have a feeling it has more to do with the firing of the GM than it does with Lebron, but probably the entire circus up there has worn on him already.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

If it's true... smh LeBron you're now LeAngelo

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

If it's true... smh LeBron you're now LeAngelo
    LeGM doesn't play around tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that irving clown wants to be franchise player? lol cant even lead his team to a playoff spot and he wants gilbert or anyone to build around him in a pathetic leastern conference?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Distinction without a difference, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

me what an ether.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I wonder why Kyrie is selling himself short then tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I wonder why Kyrie is selling himself short then tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Distinction without a difference, tbh.
    Yep. Only difference is one of them got to play with Shaq and MVPau tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kyrie already coattailed a generational talent to a championship.

Now others think he can lead chinese teams to championships.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The upstairs semen cloud will probably top off at 50 pages, tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The upstairs semen cloud will probably top off at 50 pages, tbh
    I'm at 100 posts a page so I'm still just on page 10. I expect it to reach 20 pages though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Cavs Board:

I have been a member on this board for almost ten years and lurker way before that and I give my opinion on things here and there and I received some info from a cavs employee this morning we all know and I would like to share it with you guys.

He told me Lebron pretty much told Gilbert to trade kyrie for cp3 and Gilbert approached Griffin with the plan and when Griffin refused he was let go. When he was let go he had people tell kyrie he was let go because he didn't listen to Lebron and griffin plan of getting rid of him for Lebrons buddy.

Kyrie went to the front office and requested to be traded after he got wind of what was going on. Before the original story broke Lebron had windy break news that kyrie requsted a trade and he that he was devastated of his trade request so he wouldn't look like the bad guy.

To sum up the conversation he said kyrie is going to be traded to Phoenix or ny in a 3 team deal and that we will receive bledsoe , melo and hopefully josh Jackson and a few others from are team will be headed out. Please don't bash be for my post I'm just giving you guys a little info I heard from a very reliable source .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Not sure if legit but if true it paints Irving out as less of a cancer. Because otherwisr I don't see how any potential suitor wouldnt be concerned with him having a problem being Robin to this generation's MJ.

Thread Information