Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very supers ious..

After the first half I realized things in my house weren't the same as they were during our streak. I went to my office and moved my briefcase back to the kitchen; took off my NEW college ring; took my wallet out of my pocket and put it onto the entrance table, where it usually sits; and finally made sure my dog's jersey was on snug. I know it sounds crazy but ever since HS baseball I've been supers ious, even to the point that I made sure I was sitting on a certain section of the couch if the Spurs were doing good. Am I completely nuts, or does anyone else follow certain regimes and supers ions?

The rest is history.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very supers ious..

After the first half I realized things in my house weren't the same as they were during our streak. I went to my office and moved my briefcase back to the kitchen; took off my NEW college ring; took my wallet out of my pocket and put it onto the entrance table, where it usually sits; and finally made sure my dog's jersey was on snug. I know it sounds crazy but ever since HS baseball I've been supers ious, even to the point that I made sure I was sitting on a certain section of the couch if the Spurs were doing good. Am I completely nuts, or does anyone else follow certain regimes and supers ions?
    lol funny but nah bro...break it down...does what YOU do, really help the spurs? "C'mmmon man"

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meh...I'm not supers ious because i know it's really unlucky to be supers ious.

As SpursDynasty would say, "The Spurs are just sweeping the teams they are suppose to be sweeping."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very supers ious..

The rest is history.
    Through the first three quarters I watched the game with my family - something I NEVER do.

Before the start of the fourth quarter, I go to my room, lock the door, and turn on my TV to tune into the game...wallah, the rest is history.

You're not the only one that feels supers ious about watching games a certain way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all have our supers ions. It's all good.

I know one cricketer who put the same red hankercheif in his pocket, every game, of his near 20 year career. Jordan with his North Carolina shorts. I wander if any of our spurs have little supers ious things? Haven't heard of one.

I'd love you to post a photo of your dog with the jersey on! Love it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    through out the playoffs i have been watching every single game in my room....i sit on a rolling chair about 2 feet away from the tv with my laptop beside me...now get this when the spurs were playing the clippers game 3 I went to the living room with my family to watch the game...the clippers jump out to that big ass lead so in the 2nd quarter i go back to my room ,sit on my chair in the same spot ,put my laptop beside me and the rest is history...

Bonner/Blair can't do dat capek's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll knock on wood whenever something that I'm watching or something a commentator says makes me think of a Spurs player getting injured. But that's just to dissipate tension, and not because I think there's any connection between my thoughts and what happens at a distance removed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll knock on wood whenever something that I'm watching or something a commentator says makes me think of a Spurs player getting injured. But that's just to dissipate tension, and not because I think there's any connection between my thoughts and what happens at a distance removed.
    every time I knock on wood 17 times Spurs play better.
    And I'm serious.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs always win when I don't watch.

Then again, they win when I do watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't watch the games, I record them and watch them afterward. If I pop over to check the score real quick and they have a turnover or something bad happens then I immediately switch over. VERY supers ious. I do what I can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schizophrenia

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same here. 1st-3rd quarter I wasn't sitting in my normal chair. In the 4th, my brother got out of the chair I usually sit in, and I sat in it. The rest is history. It may seem stupid to some, but when your supers ion is confirmed then it's usually hard to be swayed off of it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not immune to supers ion, and I watch the games on DVR to skip commercials. Human nature is a sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Spurs ended up tying the game in the 4th, I was laying down on my stomach. I decided not to move from there for some reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm very supers ious..

The rest is history.
    Through the first three quarters I watched the game with my family - something I NEVER do.

Before the start of the fourth quarter, I go to my room, lock the door, and turn on my TV to tune into the game...wallah, the rest is history.

You're not the only one that feels supers ious about watching games a certain way
    Same here. 1st-3rd quarter I wasn't sitting in my normal chair. In the 4th, my brother got out of the chair I usually sit in, and I sat in it. The rest is history. It may seem stupid to some, but when your supers ion is confirmed then it's usually hard to be swayed off of it.

OK, you ers, stop messing around and get to your positions/places from the get go. It's obvious you know what to do, so ing do it!

These games are taking years off my life without you guys making it even tougher!

Seriously!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was standing up nervously for the first 3 quarters. Started to get a little down after being behind as much as we were and sat down in a recliner. Then came the 4th quarter...again...the rest is history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love you to post a photo of your dog with the jersey on! Love it.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now thats some dope pics. Thanks for sharing.

At the At&t center. I was whispering to myself "come on Spurs we got this" the start of the fourth. Then IT happen. Also didnt sit down the last 8 mins of the game.

Whatever helps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can never sit still, up and down yelling and such. At halftime if we are struggling I shave and change clothes.

I was very supers ious in high school though. Wore the same socks for a whole season unwashed, and we won preseason and state that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before the playoffs started, I put up a background picture of a black and red Ford Mustang Roush on my iPhone. When the series started against the Thunder, I changed my pic to a Spurs logo.

Sometime during the 3rd quarter when the Spurs were down after a timeout, I was playing with my phone, and decided to change the background back to the Mustang. Ever since then the Spurs got on that huge run and the rest is history. That Mustang is staying on my phone for a while.

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The line between supers ion and OCD...is that OCD people feel a compulsion to do X, and they feel like they are going to DIE if they don't do X. Plus they do X like 40 times a day.

My point is, in all seriousness, you supers ious people are wackos, and if the above is you, you are ill, and get help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    every time i think of something bad about the spurs or anything i always do the sign of the cross and knock on wood

this happens at least 10 to 20 times a day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The line between supers ion and OCD...is that OCD people feel a compulsion to do X, and they feel like they are going to DIE if they don't do X. Plus they do X like 40 times a day.

My point is, in all seriousness, you supers ious people are wackos, and if the above is you, you are ill, and get help.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs always win when I don't watch.

Then again, they win when I do watch.

I'm paranoid like that too.

I feel like I'm bad luck when I watch any of my sport team play. They often lose when I watch an entire game and win when I dont watch a second.

Take the Red Sox vs Rays the other day for example, Sox got the lead going into the 9th and no sooner do I tune in to watch and Rays homer to take the lead and win it.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information