Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hitting that first three practically off one foot really got him going! Thank god for his defense or ST would be demanding his head on a stick lately.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah thats nice. SPAM ing it up on schedule

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only redemption if the dude starts a hot streak. With GS coming up, it would be a great time for it, too, as he D should force Pop to play him big minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still his cons outweigh his pros.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only redemption if the dude starts a hot streak. With GS coming up, it would be a great time for it, too, as he D should force Pop to play him big minutes.
    I'm almost at a point where I'm ready to accept that the importance of his D outweighs his Houdini shot.

When it falls in at the end like this, that's just a bonus. Though all things considered, the start of a hot streak would be a bonus to the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Danny Green is now the ONLY player in the NBA to have 100+ threes and 40+ blocks in each of the last six straight seasons."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm almost at a point where I'm ready to accept that the importance of his D outweighs his Houdini shot.

When it falls in at the end like this, that's just a bonus. Though all things considered, the start of a hot streak would be a bonus to the season.
    just to see verde make some 3's was great tonight. That would be huge if it is the start of a massive hit streak. Hope it continues at OKC and against GS on Saterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, my sentiments exactly. Danny was a deplorable until...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he killed Fathead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He scored 14 points on 13 shots. That's not even very good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He scored 14 points on 13 shots. That's not even very good.
    lol missing the point.

Boban was .500 tonight, that's actually pretty awesome. Too bad it was only on 2 shots

On the bright side, he is 5-8 over the last month and 8 days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there was no ways to describe how awful he was until he hit that first 3...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was like RJ's whole Spurs career, but in one game. Just sucking the life out of the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was like RJ's whole Spurs career, but in one game. Just sucking the life out of the team.
    Nah man it was worse. His first 4th Qtr stint may have been the worst 6-minute stretch I have ever seen from any player ever. Terrible doesn't even begin to describe how bad he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah man it was worse. His first 4th Qtr stint may have been the worst 6-minute stretch I have ever seen from any player ever. Terrible doesn't even begin to describe how bad he was.
    Porker is infecting the team with his disease.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Danny Green is now the ONLY player in the NBA to have 100+ threes and 40+ blocks in each of the last six straight seasons."
    do not care. his d is overrated. much like splitter and the reason it is overrated is be because there is literally not another perimeter defender other than kl in the league. maybe LeBron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tholdren is way off-base here, Green's plus-minus numbers show exactly how elite he is. It's so sad that some fans can't see that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm the biggest Green homer here other than Chinook, but I wish Pop would immediately bench him every time he passes up an open 3 for a drive or mid-range J, tbh..

I understand wanting to drive for an easier look after you just missed 2 consecutive 3s, but it should really be eliminated from his repertoire..a semi-contested 3 from Green is better than a drive, obviously..Pop used to explode on him whenever he would pass up an a decent look at a 3, but I guess he's too old to scream at the players like he used to

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why he's our LDN.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm the biggest Green homer here other than Chinook, but I wish Pop would immediately bench him every time he passes up an open 3 for a drive or mid-range J, tbh..

I understand wanting to drive for an easier look after you just missed 2 consecutive 3s, but it should really be eliminated from his repertoire..a semi-contested 3 from Green is better than a drive, obviously..Pop used to explode on him whenever he would pass up an a decent look at a 3, but I guess he's too old to scream at the players like he used to
    This is where I'm at. It's one thing when there is a good close out, but dude should not go out of his way to drive otherwise. Stay in your lane Danny!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Pop not yelling at him much anymore... wonder if he realized it was bad for DG's psyche. Everyone plays better with more confidence, but it's really apparent with players like Manu and DG. Maybe Pop feels like he has to baby him instead of giving him the TP treatment. Kinda like how he coddles LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm doubting that it took Pop all these years to learn that. He tore into Green during the Wolves game. One of the benefits of nosebleeds is that you see everything at once. Anyway, he was going at him during the second TO probably right as it was going to break. If he does it less, it's probably because either Green is making fewer mistakes or Pop has learned to live with them. After all, numerically, Danny's gambles pay off at a high rate, so you really can't hate the relatively few times they don't work out unless you want to be a huge hypocrite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was really a weird game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Against a team, also one game. Let's wait and see what he does in these upcoming games before we start blowing him.

Thread Information