Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=4460507

not sure that the Pac-10 isn't tied with the Big 12 at this point. we'll see...

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    if BSU ditched the pathetic WAC for the MWC, it would be at least #5 on that list.
    the MWC would have to become a BCS conference then, otherwise it's just as well to have BSU or some MWC team go undefeated every year to crash the BSC party

if BSU ditched the pathetic WAC for the MWC, it would be at least #5 on that list.
    the MWC would have to become a BCS conference then, otherwise it's just as well to have BSU or some MWC team go undefeated every year to crash the BSC party
    lets get boise state in the Pac-10. btw, utah beat san jose state by 10...surprising.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    I've read that the Pac-10 has absolutely no desire to change anything, no matter how bad the Washingtons and anyone else gets. They're just going to sit back and ride the USC gravy train, like the WAC with BSU
    Last edited by vander; 09-13-2009 at 10:01 PM.

They're just going to sit back and ride the USC gravy train, like the WAC with BSU
    don't agree with that at all, though you may be joking. i'm sure it has more to do with money than anything else...but not just cause USC. and because of other sports.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Pac-10 is the best football conference by far. No other conference even comes close.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Pac-10 is the best football conference by far. No other conference even comes close.
    you're funny

didn't the MWC almost go undefeated against the pac 10 last year?

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    you're funny

didn't the MWC almost go undefeated against the pac 10 last year?
    Last Year Forum

My Team
    Utah Utes
    Post Count
    I've read that the Pac-10 has absolutely no desire to change anything, no matter how bad the Washingtons and anyone else gets. They're just going to sit back and ride the USC gravy train, like the WAC with BSU
    I heard the exact opposite. The Pac-10 was in talks to expand to a 12 team conference with two divisions and invite Utah and Colorado. TCU would then join the Big-12 to replace Colorado and the MWC and WAC would either combine into a 16 team conference or the WAC would give up 1 team to the MWC.

My Team
    Ole Miss Rebels
    Post Count
    I don't think there's any doubt about which conf. is #1.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    I heard the exact opposite. The Pac-10 was in talks to expand to a 12 team conference with two divisions and invite Utah and Colorado. TCU would then join the Big-12 to replace Colorado and the MWC and WAC would either combine into a 16 team conference or the WAC would give up 1 team to the MWC.
    wow, Utah and Colorado? I thought the Pac-10 preferred the in state rivalry pairs, Utah and BYU would work better.

but yeah, it's been well over a year since I was scouring the internet looking for conference rumblings, things could have changed a lot since then

I like most of that though, TCU should be in the Big 12 instead of Colorado, the Pac-10 should add 2 teams and get a championship game, and the WAC should join up with the MWC, dropping some of the FCS quality teams like Idaho, New Mexico State, etc

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    It's unfortunate that hicks in Texas don't realize that the Pac-10 is by far the best conference in college football.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    spurstradomus, i dont know how much you read the college sports forum

some posters, have a shtick or a go to subject that they post over and over and over again to get the same responses over and over and over again

theres also an old interwebs saying-dont feed the trolls

we all know a conference isnt the best at , and we all know what that conference is

ignore these people

you just made this posters day, and so did I, but im posting this for the common good of the spurstalk community

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    spurstradomus, i dont know how much you read the college sports forum

some posters, have a shtick or a go to subject that they post over and over and over again to get the same responses over and over and over again

theres also an old interwebs saying-dont feed the trolls

we all know a conference isnt the best at , and we all know what that conference is

ignore these people

you just made this posters day, and so did I, but im posting this for the common good of the spurstalk community

If you wanted to do good for the spurstalk community you would admit that the Pac-10 RULES COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Don't blame me. I'm just a messenger.

Veteran
    My Team
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Post Count
    Due to slavery, the SEC is the best conference in college football.

What's odd about that is that the ACC hasn't yielded an elite team in a while but they have A LOT of talent in that conference. Maybe 2nd most talented conference but like 4th or 5th best conference.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    SEC = Overrated

My Team
    Michigan Wolverines
    Post Count
    What's odd about that is that the ACC hasn't yielded an elite team in a while but they have A LOT of talent in that conference. Maybe 2nd most talented conference but like 4th or 5th best conference.
    What might be even odder is that the ACC tried to strengthen their conference to get closer to the level of the SEC by adding the Big East powerhouses of Miami and Virginia Tech. But soon after those programs started to regress and the Big East in general got better instead of worse for it.

I have often wondered why the ACC hasn't been better over the years.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Due to slavery, the SEC is the best conference in college football.
    OMG that's so wrong, hilarious and probably true...all in one. Big XII was the best last year but the SEC has since taken over.

hope and change
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    OMG that's so wrong, hilarious and probably true...all in one. Big XII was the best last year but the SEC has since taken over.
    by "last year" do you mean, like, "in the previous era" or is that literal.

SEC has been dominant for most of the 21st century

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    by "last year" do you mean, like, "in the previous era" or is that literal.

SEC has been dominant for most of the 21st century
    Yes, I mean last year...not yesteryear. The Big XII was the best overall conference in 2008. The SEC is the best in 2009 so far...

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Yes, I mean last year...not yesteryear. The Big XII was the best overall conference in 2008. The SEC is the best in 2009 so far...
    Hardly. Check the record against other BCS Conferences. The Pac-10 is #1.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hardly. Check the record against other BCS Conferences. The Pac-10 is #1.
    Great win by USC this weekend. The SEC has 3 teams in the Top 5 and one of them will be in the national championship.

Schlong, you think Portland State can be a BCS buster this year? I, personally, think they have what it takes.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Great win by USC this weekend. The SEC has 3 teams in the Top 5 and one of them will be in the national championship.

Schlong, you think Portland State can be a BCS buster this year? I, personally, think they have what it takes.
    So what? It's all about non-conference opponents and bowl games.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    My purpose is to bring enlightenment.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So what? It's all about non-conference opponents and bowl games.
    You're right, the SEC will end up having better bowl games than the Pac-10. Portland State would put the Pac-10 over the top though.

As far as non-conference games go, you know better Schlong. Those games are irrelevant unless you have a good record at the end of the season. You don't receive a great bowl bid by losing two or three conference games and beating one good non-conference opponent. Plus, what non-conference success has the Pac-10 had besides the USC/Ohio St. game? Oregon over Utah doesn't count.

Go Beavers!

Thread Information