Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA for Nurkic and Jones get it done
    I think Blazers fans would highly disapprove

https://www.reddit.com/r/ripcity/com...m_source=share

Also, another factor to consider is he will probably want to go to a team who will extend him after this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks on LMA:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/ Mills/ Tre
    White/ Lonnie/ Q
    DeMar/ Vassell/ KBD
    Keldon/ Gay/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Poeltl/ Eubanks

IMO, since the Spurs are still (always) trying to make the playoffs:

Our big hole in the rotation is backup big.

Players being showcased to possibly be included in a LMA trade (which opens things up a little): Mills, Gay, Lonnie, Lyles

Really interesting to me that Lonnie was put in the doghouse last night in the 4th.

If y'all saw those videos I posted in the game thread, Keldon was with the big wing group and Vassell was with the combo guards.

Trading Lonnie would probably allow Keldon and Vassell to go down to their natural positions, and KBD can earn some time.

Murray/ Mills/ Tre
    White/ Vassell/ Q
    DeMar/ Keldon/ KBD
    Keldon/ Gay/ Lyles/ Luka
    Poeltl/ TBD/ Eubanks

Something needs to be done to consolidate the crowded depth at PF.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 03-11-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bobby Marks on LMA:

His whole video is based on the spurs selling or on other teams 'wanting' LMA for his ability.... he gave no scenarios where we are buyers using the salary as balast to acquire a player by using young players and/or picks.... if we are just trying to move him it's almost impossible because he has no value....but if we are buying its not that difficult

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His whole video is based on the spurs selling or on other teams 'wanting' LMA for his ability.... he gave no scenarios where we are buyers using the salary as balast to acquire a player by using young players and/or picks.... if we are just trying to move him it's almost impossible because he has no value....but if we are buying its not that difficult
    Exactly. Include one or more of: Lyles, Mills, Lonnie, Gay, and our 2021 first and the return we get actually might be nice.

I just don't know what those trades would look like.

It's actually a great sign that Lonnie is playing well, it would up his value.

We just need Gay and Mills to start looking like good players before the deadline and we might fool someone.

IMO, if LMA is bought out (real possibility), I could still see these guys I mentioned being shipped out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Include one or more of: Lyles, Mills, Lonnie, Gay, and our 2021 first and the return we get actually might be nice.

I just don't know what those trades would look like.

It's actually a great sign that Lonnie is playing well, it would up his value.

We just need Gay and Mills to start looking like good players before the deadline and we might fool someone.

IMO, if LMA is bought out (real possibility), I could still see these guys I mentioned being shipped out.
    I agree. For me it's difficult to know what we would target. I've been saying something like Grant + Plumlee is my preferred target or Gordon + Bamba. We get a backup big and a starting 4. We'd need to move Gay and maybe Lyles to open up minutes for Luka because we need to get him at least 15 minutes/game. I would expect the cost to either trade to be our 1st + Walker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This tweet still makes me scratch my head. There's no benefit to saying "there's a level of confidence" unless there actually IS something in the works.

Being "engaged on several fronts" means some teams ARE entertaining the idea of trading for LMA.

These are carefully chosen words and Woj wouldn't just pull out of his ass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This tweet still makes me scratch my head. There's no benefit to saying "there's a level of confidence" unless there actually IS something in the works.

Being "engaged on several fronts" means some teams ARE entertaining the idea of trading for LMA.

These are carefully chosen words and Woj wouldn't just pull out of his ass.
    One other possibility could be (although not likely) that one dumbass gm out there ascribes real value to LMA.... if there is such a gm I'd guess he's in Sacramento.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One other possibility could be (although not likely) that one dumbass gm out there ascribes real value to LMA.... if there is such a gm I'd guess he's in Sacramento.
    Kings might value his expiring to get out of Barnes or Hield contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kings might value his expiring to get out of Barnes or Hield contract.
    Honestly would not mind Barnes. Sounds like he's a class act off the court. Kings fans say his production has actually improved.

Obviously, someone else would have to come along. Woodard?

Maybe they want Gay back?

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ainge looking for size and shooting with that trade exception. Come on down, Danny boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA, Gay for Barnes, Corey Joseph, Woodard works

You can even add Lonnie in there and it still works.

LMA, Gay, Lonnie for Barnes, Joseph, Woodard, and Richaun Holmes ( R. DeMurre ) works too.

Why wouldn't the Kings make this deal?

Murray/ Mills/ Joseph/ Tre
    White/ Vassell/ Q
    DeMar/ Woodard/ KBD
    Keldon/ Barnes/ Luka/ Lyles
    Poeltl/ Holmes/ Eubanks

Crazy depth...

If DeMar and Mills leave after the season:

Murray/ Joseph/ Tre
    White/ Vassell/ Q
    Keldon/ Woodard/ KBD
    Barnes/ Luka/ Lyles or 2021 FRP
    Poeltl/ Holmes/ Eubanks

Most balanced roster I've seen...

Unloading Barnes also allows the Kings to go after John Collins.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 03-11-2021 at 10:14 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is the fact that LMA does well against Anthony Davis might make teams targeting the Lakers or the Lakers themselves want him. Been hearing the Mavs are shopping KP, I wonder what we would need to add to LMA to make that happen. The Spurs and KP have long been linked and he is a Euro that I wouldn't mind.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray/ Mills/ Tre
    White/ Lonnie/ Q
    DeMar/ Vassell/ KBD
    Keldon/ Gay/ Lyles/ Samanic
    Poeltl/ Eubanks

IMO, since the Spurs are still (always) trying to make the playoffs:

Our big hole in the rotation is backup big.

Players being showcased to possibly be included in a LMA trade (which opens things up a little): Mills, Gay, Lonnie, Lyles

Really interesting to me that Lonnie was put in the doghouse last night in the 4th.

If y'all saw those videos I posted in the game thread, Keldon was with the big wing group and Vassell was with the combo guards.

Trading Lonnie would probably allow Keldon and Vassell to go down to their natural positions, and KBD can earn some time.

Murray/ Mills/ Tre
    White/ Vassell/ Q
    DeMar/ Keldon/ KBD
    Keldon/ Gay/ Lyles/ Luka
    Poeltl/ TBD/ Eubanks

Something needs to be done to consolidate the crowded depth at PF.
    The real problem is they don’t have a good enough starting 4 so they have players playing out of position and players starting when they should be coming off the bench.

I completely agree with you on who could complement a trade though. We’ll see what happens!
    Last edited by FutureMan; 03-11-2021 at 09:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is the fact that LMA does well against Anthony Davis might make teams targeting the Lakers or the Lakers themselves want him. Been hearing the Mavs are shopping KP, I wonder what we would need to add to LMA to make that happen. The Spurs and KP have long been linked and he is a Euro that I wouldn't mind.
    Excellent point here. Any team with le aspirations likely needs to go through Davis or Jokic in the West, or Embiid in the East. The Nets are also on the radar with their super trio, but one thing they struggle against is defending the paint and I don't see Griffin solving that problem for them.

LaMarcus has value in those scenarios, and showed that his still capable of putting up 20+ points on a given night just weeks ago.

In regards to KP...he seems to have developed a reputation as a locker room cancer. Pop may be able to reign that in, but even he won't be around forever...so not sure if that's a good long term piece to put around our young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Barnes does a lot for the black community. This guy is a true Spur. "Steal" him before the Celtics do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mixed feelings. always liked LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, how I’d love to block Ainge by stealing Harrison Barnes right from under his nose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly would not mind Barnes. Sounds like he's a class act off the court. Kings fans say his production has actually improved.

Obviously, someone else would have to come along. Woodard?

Maybe they want Gay back?
    Barnes has improved over the last couple of years, and is insurance in case DD decides to bolt. The trade works, straight up, but not enough value for Sac. I would think they’d need something like Lonnie, or our 2021 first.
    Last edited by exstatic; 03-11-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top free agent in 2015 and a small market team won out. LA had a good run carried us during the last year of Manu's career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, how I’d love to block Ainge by stealing Harrison Barnes right from under his nose.
    And then turn around, and offer him Rudy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnes has improved over the last couple of years, and is insurance in case DD decodes to bolt. The trade works, straight up, but not enough value for Sac. I would think they’d need something like Lonnie, or our 2021 first.
    Would be more than happy to give either of those things up if Woodard and/or (especially) Holmes was headed back our way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can even subs ute Bjelica for Joseph and it still works.

There's no one in free agency we should be saving our cap space for.

A trade with the Kings makes too much sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Celtics aren't likely to use their TPE until the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be more than happy to give either of those things up if Woodard and/or (especially) Holmes was headed back our way.
    If you look at it without LMA, since he’s just salary ballast, Lonnie or a protected first is probably fair for absorbing HBs remaining two years. He’s also serviceable as a combo forward.

I wouldn’t let any other add ons make or break the deal. The Spurs have had a good look at Woodward, so if he’s not in the deal, they either wouldn’t include him, or the Spurs thought his numbers were gleague inflated.

Thread Information