Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Around the horn he said the San Antonio Spurs are the whiniest team in the NBA and he thinks Crawford was right to eject Timmy. WTF?? He is a writer for the Dallas Morning News. Is he saying that the Mavs and Cuban don't whine at all. Does he really think that Crawford was right to challenge Timmy to a fight? him and every Mavs homer who agrees with him!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, I heard this too. He made himself look like an idiot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Around the horn he said the San Antonio Spurs are the whiniest team in the NBA and he thinks Crawford was right to eject Timmy. WTF?? He is a writer for the Dallas Morning News. Is he saying that the Mavs and Cuban don't whine at all. Does he really think that Crawford was right to challenge Timmy to a fight? him and every Mavs homer who agrees with him!
    Whether they like the Spurs as a team or not, the actual ejection of Duncan for laughing is probably disagreed by 99% of all NBA fans, except extreme homers like Cowlishaw.

It's like Shaq said a few years ago. "David Stern wonders why the league's losing money, there's why. People pay good money to see these athletes play and the ref's wanna take over the ing game".

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I might have agreed if Tim got tossed for whining.

Suppose there never was an Aaron? aaronstampler's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe we have a reputation for this. Yeah our guys complain about a lot of calls, but we don't curse the refs out and embarass them. We go up to them and respectully ask why a call was made/not made.

Most teams cuss a ref out or scream at them or point and all that . We act like professionals and still get no respect.

It just goes to show nice guys finish last.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are the only team in the NBA that complain about calls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all comes down to media hype. Phoenix was being praised by the media earlier in the season with multiple 10 game streaks despite being 1-7 or so vs the elite West teams at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he will look like a complete moron after the league deals with Crawford, which they already have started to

Ohhhh MommmMA !! LilMissSPURfect's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe we have a reputation for this. Yeah our guys complain about a lot of calls, but we don't curse the refs out and embarass them. We go up to them and respectully ask why a call was made/not made.

Most teams cuss a ref out or scream at them or point and all that . We act like professionals and still get no respect.

It just goes to show nice guys finish last.

coz when u curse and kick its not called whining

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' reputation for being whiny is deserved.

That doesn't excuse Crawford's actions but players without that reputation are less likely to be unfairly tossed. That's just the way it is. Duncan's gotten a lot better at focusing on basketball and not the officials. Hopefully this will help even more.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We do have a whiny team.

That said, Cowlishaw is a Dallas hack, his columns and takes generally suck, so the hate on TD is expected.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whiny is a misperception. Our guys question the interpretation of calls. Maybe it's the reason that they lead the league in fewest fouls called against them. Recognize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry but the Spurs are damn whiny, particularly Duncan. So many times in the last couple years he has whined so much that he misses stuff on the other end. He has toned down a little bit this year, but last year was horrible.

All that say, it doesn't justify JC's "vendetta".

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hey.. if you like wrestling, you like the new NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Whether they like the Spurs as a team or not, the actual ejection of Duncan for laughing is probably disagreed by 99% of all NBA fans, except extreme homers like Cowlishaw.

It's like Shaq said a few years ago. "David Stern wonders why the league's losing money, there's why. People pay good money to see these athletes play and the ref's wanna take over the ing game".
    Yeah, Cowlishaw is way off base here but I've never considered him an extreme homer when writing about Dallas sports. He's probably just taking the other side so they can have something to argue about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Cowlishaw is way off base here but I've never considered him an extreme homer when writing about Dallas sports. He's probably just taking the other side so they can have something to argue about.

Didn't think of it that way. They do need someone to aggitate the argument, who better than a Dallas writer. He is still an ass though. If you don't believe me read a couple of his collums. He is a Homer. Plain and simple.

If you can't slam with the best then jam with the rest sabar's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we ARE the whiniest, but what does that have anything to do with one of the worst ejections ever?

I mean, 81% on the ESPN poll say the ejection was not deserved, it's clearly not homerism as spurs fans outside Texas aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

did he get muted or lose points???

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Didn't think of it that way. They do need someone to aggitate the argument, who better than a Dallas writer. He is still an ass though. If you don't believe me read a couple of his collums. He is a Homer. Plain and simple.
    I've been reading him for as long as he's been writing for the Dallas Morning News. I've never really had a strong opinion about him one way or the other. Sometimes he writes decent columns and sometimes he doesn't. He's big into NASCAR now and I think it might affect how much time he actually follows the other sports.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    did he get muted or lose points???
    Yeah, there's no way he won that argument

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's no way he won that argument

yea he probably said-- "Duncan was completely deserv..." Then the host hit mute and knocked him out before he could even finish the sentence.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    yea he probably said-- "Duncan was completely deserv..." Then the host hit mute and knocked him out before he could even finish the sentence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' reputation for being whiny is deserved.

Ohhhh MommmMA !! LilMissSPURfect's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING :::::::

THIS IS WHAT THE SPURS BENCH WAS LAUGHING AT....DAVEY APPARENTLY WAS SEATED ON THE FRONT ROW NEXT TO CUBAN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another talking head bankrolled by Mark Cuban, INC. Is it really so surprising?

Thread Information