Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah, spurs played their asses off and were in it til the very end. All we can ask for boys

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte and his inability to shoot 3's costing the Spurs another game... That deferrence to White was the tell-tale of the night, tbqh
    That's not a fair take tbh... He was clearly gassed. He starts fast and ends slow. Just needs to flip that. It should be a steady climb in intensity... The last couple games he hasn't had nothing left in the tank by the end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is showing good this year hopes he keep it up. The Spurs put up a good fight, but missed a few open 3s. Good D except on Jokic, but to be fair Jokic was seldom open he was just able to hit his shot even when challenged.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White was the only one willing to shoot 3s at the end. Everyone else got cold feet.

Ah well, we kept them from covering the spread. Good enough for me when playing on the road against a quality opponent like Denver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge went 10-12 FG and Mills 3-3 from 3pt at Philly tonight. Wouldn't both look better than young and Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holding Denver to 102 is very impressive. They have one of the best offenses in the league. The D potential is real
    Defense is looking great. So much better than what we have seen in the past. Loving the energy on that side this year. Our defense is helping our offense quite a bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    closer game than i thought... notable flaws were

- murray's decision making
    - vassell/walker/mcdermott have to be more impactful with their outside shooting
    Yep. McD really needs to pick it up if he wants to continue to start....otherwise Forbes may actually steal his spot, and that would be embarrassing.

Walker, especially, completely disappeared after having a good game against the Magic.

You can't be a good NBA player if you only show up half the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be nice if Tre can crack the rotation soon. Team badly needs a true PG to steady the 2nd unit tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But yeah, spurs played their asses off and were in it til the very end. All we can ask for boys
    Everyone knows we should have around 50-50 season or less. There will be plenty of losses but still encouraging. DJ been numero uno but we need a dos now. He looks so gassed. Just needs help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge went 10-12 FG and Mills 3-3 from 3pt at Philly tonight. Wouldn't both look better than young and Forbes
    if i knew we were bringing ing Forms back i would have wanted to just keep patty instead

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of an actual victory, this is the likely the best other outcome. A loss, but the defense was pestering, chaotic, and never quitting. That kept us in the game. If the defense and energy continues, the lack of an offensive spark is likely will be what decides victory or loss for many games. Tonight it was KJ, then White, but no one else really got going.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray walks off the court without his team after he ends the game with no pass again, even though his shot has been horrible. He knows he played like crap. He will own it and likely play better next time. Not sure why fans are being so sensitive about him tonight.

Because same ,Different year maybe....We seen seen the same story with murray

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First of all, I haven't taken anything personal. Your take is just stupid. Djm was far from perfect but he is want bad tonight. He just wasn't an all star. That's the point. You're conflating not being at all star level as being bad which is w stupid take.
    He didn't walk off the court alone for no reason. He knows he played bad. When you start insulting people on a message board as your evidence, it's pretty clear you're taking it personal. Go eat a snickers bro. It'll be alright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep.

Walker, especially, completely disappeared after having a good game against the Magic.

You can't be a good NBA player if you only show up half the time.
    He deferred. Just cracks under pressure for some reason...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people on here seem upset, but all things considered on the road that's a pretty good showing by this team. Y'all probably need to recalibrate your expectations.
    Even though its a loss this team still made it exciting, really can't ask for more this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA looked really good in that game. He compliments Durant and Harden really well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs covering on the road in Denver during their home opener with Jokic going off is better than the Magic win tbh

They're going to get their doors blown off tomorrow against the Bucks but they deserve kudos tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense is looking great. So much better than what we have seen in the past. Loving the energy on that side this year. Our defense is helping our offense quite a bit.

That tier one D will literally keep us in most of our games this year... Kids are just gonna have to step up offensively. It's gonna be hard because they expend so much energy and effort defending.

Positive though is that we should theoretically be well experienced in tight games. Those potential yields do wonders in the playoffs should we make it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver is a paper tiger that's also missing teeth. They aren't as good as they used to be. I think it was an encouraging performance for them to almost win, but there are also actual issues from this game that may become more relevant if they continue. Gotta loved that Keldon showed a good ability to score from midrange, but I wish he'd spent more time improving his three-pointer. Murray's ability to make one-on-one shots is more necessary than it's ever been, but he also went with that way more often than he had to. Walker still misses anything with contact, to the point that it makes you wonder if the coaching staff has never taken him aside and drilled him on that. White looked good for the most part but also doesn't seem as able to score against a defense as he should be at his age. Thad wasn't helpful at all in his minutes and him splitting time with Eubanks wasn't great

I'm optimistic, actually, but at the same time, I could also see the hope for this team souring on the vine in a couple of months. If there are gears left in the development of these players, we could see a semi-star emerge. Johnson and Vassell have both shown it's possible. The Spurs have been surprisingly good against MKE in the Bud era. So it'll be interesting to see if that can carry over in the post-DeRozan era. Hmm... 12/15 looks like it might be interesting.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not a fair take tbh... He was clearly gassed. He starts fast and ends slow. Just needs to flip that. It should be a steady climb in intensity... The last couple games he hasn't had nothing left in the tank by the end.
    its barely the second game...wasint even a b2b....If ur center has more energy,Theres a problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be nice if Tre can crack the rotation soon. Team badly needs a true PG to steady the 2nd unit tbh.
    This team needs some reliable 3pt shooters. Tre isn't that unfortunately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of people on here seem upset, but all things considered on the road that's a pretty good showing by this team. Y'all probably need to recalibrate your expectations.
    This! I’m not even upset. Denver is one of the top teams in the league even without Jamal Murray. Plus they were at home where they always have a great winning percentage. The team really competed out there. Jokic was unstoppable. MVP for a reason. But y’all have to remember that a lot of our young guys are still trying to figure out their roles. It will come together eventually if they keep competing this.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good news: we really just beat ourselves being total bed-wetting scaredy-cats on offense. I want a new rule ins uted right now:

You play passively at all, you get suspended for a game for detrimental conduct. Shoot the ing ball.

The bad: We are going to have times where no one is brave enough to take the jumper we need late in the game. I don't know how we fix this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disappointed in the L but the teams gonna have nights like this. The only thing I didn’t like is the spurs gotta unload Thad Young I don’t like him playing at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm wrong but it seems Pop didn't play Devin much tonight. Maybe he was resting him for tomorrow night?

Thread Information