Page 103 of 212 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 5279
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've pointed out many times that a solid majority of Dems self-identify as Christian.

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-l...y-affiliation/
    "Got to pander to anyone and everyone you think is a vote". Democrat Logic established: Tammany Hall

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Got to pander to anyone and everyone you think is a vote". Democrat Logic established: Tammany Hall
    Scare the out of white people, especially the poor uneducated ones who need someone to blame for their lot in life.
    red team strategy 101 via Trump.

It was a VERY successful course.
    And I do think your description of the blue team is largely accurate.

Its a kind of piss people off, get them angry v. dont dare offend anyone who might back you

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    governing, we hate governemtn

our priority is harassing, ing up, sliming, obstruting the Dems and inflaming our voters with fabricated bull

GOP maps Biden probes, prelude to 2024 culture war

• McCarthy plans to send a spate of "preservation notices" to departments throughout Biden's Cabinet, ordering them to retain do ents that might be needed for future GOP oversight hearings.

• As a prelude, House Republicans in August sent Biden a request to "preserve all records related to your Administration’s withdrawal ... from Afghanistan."

• IRS: Leak of a "vast cache of IRS information" about billionaires to ProPublica.
    • National Security Agency: Tucker Carlson last summer accused the spy agency of targeting his show's communications. The NSA said he was never an "intelligence target."
    • Parents: Attorney General Merrick Garland's vow to mobilize the FBI against "threats of violence against school board members," after the National School Boards Association used the phrase "domestic terrorism." The association apologized for its letter.
    • Border: Record levels of illegal immigration.
    • COVID: Origins of the virus, and CDC communications about school closures and mask mandates.
    • Afghanistan: Decisions behind the withdrawal, and an accounting of Americans who remain stranded.
    • JEDI: A disputed cloud-computing contract.

https://www.axios.com/republicans-bi...0574112ca.html

Repugs started this in 1992 against the Clintons, then Obama, and Biden next

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs announcing exactly how they intend to steal elections, and install fascism

Steve Bannon explains latest 'overthrow' plan:

'We're going to take over the election apparatus'

he has an expansive plan to "take over the election apparatus."

"We're going to get it decertified in Arizona, in Georgia, in Pennsylvania, in -- wait for it -- Wisconsin.

We're going to get these electors decertified."

"They are now going to volunteer

to become a precinct committeeman,

they're going to volunteer to become an election official,

they're going to come and run for county clerk and overthrow these county clerks and

they're going to take over the secretaries of state,"

"And we're going to be relentless and we're not going to give up," he added.

"And we're going to take over with elections."

https://www.rawstory.com/steve-bannon-take-over-elections/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tucker Carlson Roasts Eric Swalwell as the ‘Most Physically Unclean Member of Congress,

’ Who Has Had ‘Multiple Chlamydia Infections’

The Fox News host cited no sources for the claim,

which he made while a graphic reading, “In bed with Fang Fang” appeared over his shoulder.

Fang Fang refers to Christine Fang, a suspected Chinese spy who helped fundraise for multiple Democratic politicians, including Swalwell.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-c...cally-unclean/

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Does it not have a negative affect on your mental well being to consume this political news smut 24/7?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it not have a negative affect on your mental well being to consume this political news smut 24/7?
    He's some sort of a shill, probably has scripts set up to copy and paste every single output of these sites to many other sites. He's a bot basically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How you feel about it does matter, if you vote. If you've ever managed a group of people, you likely looked for results, not just agendas. You probably didn't give everyone a stellar review because they had an agenda, if their results were less than stellar. You cannot blame all the shortcomings on the other party, when people in your own party are in-fighting and thwarting the "agenda". As much as I despise party line politics, it's effective to meet agendas.

But they don't fail to become law because of the other party, when you have a majority in both the house and senate. Someone on your team is pissing in the water. "We tried" keeps being the sounding call of the democrats. "There were just too many of them".. when people within the democratic party are thwarting progress.

That's a bit of a strawman. You don't need everybody on board. Failing to pass legislation introduced by your party because your own people vote "present" doesn't equate to losing because not every single person was on board. It means there was enough people not onboard, and often that's known well in advance. It seems much of the process is a dog and pony show for voters. Both sides do it, but the dems seem particularly adept at it, much to the chagrin of many voters (even here when posters criticize the left for being inept).

Same with all of these things. It seems like just another turn at fleecing the public to funnel wealth to the few. This has been happening for decades, maybe longer. There are things that need funded like roads and bridges, airports and such, but so much of it will instead go to shady, hard to follow mazes of money distributions.

Assault weapons were never banned. Only the manufacture for sale to the public of firearms after the date of the bill was banned. This is why many dem voters are so easily duped.

From Wiki

The 10-year ban was passed by the US Congress on September 13, 1994, following a close 52–48 vote in the US Senate, and was signed into law by US President Bill Clinton on the same day. The ban applied only to weapons manufactured after the date of the ban's enactment. It expired on September 13, 2004, in accordance with its sunset provision. Several cons utional challenges were filed against provisions of the ban, but all were rejected by the courts. There were multiple attempts to renew the ban, but none succeeded.

Studies have shown the ban had little effect on overall criminal activity, firearm homicides, and the lethality of gun crimes. There is tentative evidence that the frequency of mass shootings may have slightly decreased while the ban was in effect.[1]

Placebo legislation isn't really addressing the agenda, which was to ban assault style weapons, since they were never banned. No one who owned one, no store who sold them, no gunshow.. ever had to stop selling them. They just couldn't buy new ones for a period of time.

Sometimes you need an excessive asshole to deal with a group of assholes.

Sans COVID Trump wins easily, there's less voter turnout and you're looking at Trump season 2. He had everything going for him (other than his mouth) that spells re-election.
    This gonna have to wait until the new year when I’m not typing on my phone, tbh, but generally circles around the same theme: this started from having a legislative agenda (a priority list of items), to getting it done, to how effective it is/was once they got it done.

Look, I happen to manage a lot of people and projects. It all always starts with an idea and a plan. If you don’t have one, we won’t even call you back. Not all those ideas and plans get a green light, not all those projects end up getting done and even those that get done aren’t always a commercial success. But they’re all completely different steps in a long process.

Here we’re discussing the first step, what are the ideas and how they plan to get them done. People clearly agree and disagree with them being a priority, and also agree/disagree how to fund them and how to get them done, but there’s little mistaking what the priorities are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs and right wing hate media, agitating for political violence = terrorism

Fauci Calls for Fox Host Jesse Watters to Be “Fired” After He Says Anti-Vaxxers Should Ambush Fauci in Public

Watters suggested that anti-vaxxers should ambush Fauci in public and

go for “the kill shot” by attacking his credibility.

https://www.politicususa.com/2021/12...in-public.html

Murdochs don't care. Fox Agitprop brings $Bs in Murdoch profits.

If Waters were black on black talk radio, or Muslim on Muslim radio, FBI would have a knee on his neck by end of the day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alaska’s anti-vaxx mayor turns off city’s water fluoridation for hours, later learns it’s illegal

The devoutly anti-science mayor of Anchorage, Alaska, was forced to admit to turning off the fluoridation of the city’s water supply Tuesday,

after learning it was a violation of municipal code.

Once again, this is why you don’t vote for someone with no experience governing and who is also a conspiracy theorist.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/20/2070233/-Anchorage-s-anti-vaxxer-mayor-lies-about-turning-off-city-s-fluoridation-system-for-several-hours

what is the punishment for a mayor violating muni code?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "only true Patriots can fix this rigged election"

Robert Lemke, 36, sent threatening messages to around 50 victims, including journalists and politicians, according to federal prosecutors.

He chose his targets “because of their statements expressing that then-President Trump had lost the 2020 presidential election,” the Department of Justice said in a press release Monday. He told a family member of one journalist that he and others were “nearby, armed and ready” to take action against them.

Lemke also sent threatening messages on Jan. 6, as supporters of Donald Trump overran the Capitol building in an attempt to stop Congress from counting the Electoral College votes and certifying Joe Biden’s win in the 2020 presidential election.

As that attack was ongoing, Lemke sent threatening text messages to a family member of a journalist, stating: “[The Journalist’s] words are putting you and your family at risk. We are nearby, armed and ready. Thousands of us are active/retired law enforcement, military, etc. That’s how we do it.”
    That day, Lemke also targeted a New York city-based member of Congress, sending a message to the representative’s brother that included a picture of a home in the same neighborhood as the Congressman.

“Your brother is putting your entire family at risk with his lies and other words,” Lemke’s message said. “We are armed and nearby your house. You had better have a word with him. We are not far from his either. Already spoke to [the Congressman’s son] and know where his kids are.”
    ​https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/pro-trump-california-man-who-threatened-brian-stelter-don-lemon-and-others-after-bidens-2020-win-is-sentenced-to-prison/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FASCIST GOP 'Tidal Wave' of Voter Suppression Set to Intensify in 2022

The past year saw an undeniable acceleration of the passage of anti-democratic state laws ... with state legislatures enacting more voting restrictions in 2021 than in any year since the organization began tracking such laws in 2011.

Nineteen states passed 34 restrictive laws between January 1 and December 7.

several categories of anti-voting restrictions, including laws

restricting access to voting by mail,

new or expanded voter ID requirements,

the criminalization of "ordinary, lawful behavior by election officials" who try to help voters, and

laws allowing voter purges.

"
    legislators introduced bills to

allow partisan actors to interfere with election processes or even reject election results entirely,"

... empower state legislatures to reject election results and

Texas's S.B. 7, which would allow elected judges to do the same.

they claim are aimed at maintaining "election integrity" ing liars

—with 440 restrictive voting laws proposed in 2021—

zero states have found any evidence of widespread voter fraud.

2022, at least

13 bills have been pre-filed in state legislatures in four states

Arizona, Missouri, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

—meaning they'll receive top priority when the new legislative session begins.

Dozens of what the report called "carryover bills" ... focus on restricting voters' access to mail-in voting.

Pennsylvania and Kansas aim to shorten deadlines for applying for and delivering mail ballots,

while Ohio lawmakers will continue debating whether election workers can assist people who return ballots.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/12/21/gop-tidal-wave-voter-suppression-set-intensify-2022-analysis-warns

In 2025, Repugs will outlaw ALL mail-in voting and all types of abortion and contraception

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFK’s return didn’t materialize.

Now QAnoners drink from a communal bleach punch bowl—literally

several members of the Leek family report that their relative,

a woman who abandoned her spouse and children to follow QAnon leader Michael Brian Protzman to Dallas in November to wait for the return of assassinated President John F. Kennedy and his late son, JFK Jr.,

is now drinking a tail containing chlorine dioxide (industrial bleach) and distributing it to other cult members.

“She was proud to tell us that she was the one mixing it up and giving it to everybody,"

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ustrial-bleach

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repug Sturmabteilung

For mainstream liberals in rural America,

daily life involves dealing with far-right intimidation

in these rural red areas where the politics of menace and thuggery have taken over

sort of an inverted version of the cliché; the rural Biden voter who can barely show his face at the local café. The reality.

All around the Trump-loving rural sectors of the nation,

daily life has become filled with foreboding, intimidation, threats, and ugliness,

all emanating from authoritarian right-wingers directing their aggression at anyone who fails to follow their dictates—

and the intensity has been increasing.

In the past month, Proud Boys and militia “Patriots” have turned up to

harass LGBTQ-friendly teens at libraries,

mask-promoting school board members, and

mall shops that require masks.

White supremacists now openly march in rural capitals, threatening bystanders.

<examples>

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/12/20/2070366/-In-rural-precincts-right-wing-extremists-wage-a-campaign-of-intimidation-against-the-mainstream

stupid MOTHER ERS, rural areas are already toxiclally, sicko Trash/Repug cult mob.

How is intimidation and thuggery "freedom"?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tucker Carlson Roasts Eric Swalwell as the ‘Most Physically Unclean Member of Congress,

Fang Fang refers to Christine Fang, a suspected Chinese spy who helped fundraise for multiple Democratic politicians, including Swalwell.
    Cucker Carlson the 55 year old virgin trying to criticize others.

Hmmn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    completely legal, unstoppable, Orwellian

Georgia county to close all but one polling place in name of making voting 'easier and more accessible'

seven polling places in Lincoln County that were open in the 2020 election, six will be shut down.

“Lincoln County is a very rural county," she told the paper.

"Some people live as far as 23 miles from the city of Lincolnton.

This is not about convenience for the citizens. This is about control.

This is about the good old boys wanting to do what they’ve always done, which is power and control.”

https://www.rawstory.com/georgia-vot...on-2656086349/

Enabled by the corrupt, politicized SCOTUS by terminating "pre-clearance" in Confederate states.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs gonna cause political mass murders, sooner or later

Louie Gohmert Says ‘Yeah’

When Asked If Conservatives Are Getting Closer to

‘Second Amendment Solutions At Some Point’

he believes conservatives may be nearing a point where the

right to bear arms will be necessary in order to revolt.

“The Second Amendment is the final guarantee of your freedom. Period,” said Gorka.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/lo...ent-solutions/

All y'all blood-thirsty RWNJs gone join in the slaughter?

Or do you just talk tough and carry a small ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This gonna have to wait until the new year when I’m not typing on my phone, tbh, but generally circles around the same theme: this started from having a legislative agenda (a priority list of items), to getting it done, to how effective it is/was once they got it done.

Look, I happen to manage a lot of people and projects. It all always starts with an idea and a plan. If you don’t have one, we won’t even call you back. Not all those ideas and plans get a green light, not all those projects end up getting done and even those that get done aren’t always a commercial success. But they’re all completely different steps in a long process.

Here we’re discussing the first step, what are the ideas and how they plan to get them done. People clearly agree and disagree with them being a priority, and also agree/disagree how to fund them and how to get them done, but there’s little mistaking what the priorities are.
    Extra Stout touched on an important point - the donors who get to bask in the glow of their virtue while knowing full well they'll never have to actually deal with the fallout because these notions won't come to fruition. These are the NIMBYs. There are NIMBYs for things other than housing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this started from having a legislative agenda (a priority list of items), to getting it done, to how effective it is/was once they got it done.
    :rodeo
    :clown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Extra Stout touched on an important point - the donors who get to bask in the glow of their virtue while knowing full well they'll never have to actually deal with the fallout because these notions won't come to fruition. These are the NIMBYs. There are NIMBYs for things other than housing.
    There’s a bit of everything, tbh, that’s exactly why I said politics are messy. There’s also a lot of throw to the wall (ie green new deal, Romney Medicare voucher program, etc) and see what sticks, which eventually shapes policy. Or legislation that looks more likely to pass which gets changed a million times before it actually gets voted and all the special interests that denounced it now support it because there’s a cutout for them.

Again, going to the very start of this, outside of ‘triggering dem libs’, what are the policy proposals of the current GOP? They had years and years to come up with a healthcare reform plan to replace Barrycare, they still have zero to show (the closest was Dennison promising the best and cheapest healthcare ever, a departure from where the GOP has been traditionally in healthcare, and when a law needed to materialize it didn’t). Anti-immigration is a political position, but where was the legislation to back it up? Everything got done by executive order.

Things like this used to be substantially more clear in the past. You had Paul Ryan, for example, doing Cato’s work in economic policy and legislation, or the gang of 8 senators looking at immigration reform. This doesn’t automatically means I support every Democratic policy position or legislation, but that’s it’s much more clear where that party stands policy-wise if they had the votes to implement them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a bit of everything, tbh, that’s exactly why I said politics are messy. There’s also a lot of throw to the wall (ie green new deal, Romney Medicare voucher program, etc) and see what sticks, which eventually shapes policy. Or legislation that looks more likely to pass which gets changed a million times before it actually gets voted and all the special interests that denounced it now support it because there’s a cutout for them.

Again, going to the very start of this, outside of ‘triggering dem libs’, what are the policy proposals of the current GOP? They had years and years to come up with a healthcare reform plan to replace Barrycare, they still have zero to show (the closest was Dennison promising the best and cheapest healthcare ever, a departure from where the GOP has been traditionally in healthcare, and when a law needed to materialize it didn’t). Anti-immigration is a political position, but where was the legislation to back it up? Everything got done by executive order.

Things like this used to be substantially more clear in the past. You had Paul Ryan, for example, doing Cato’s work in economic policy and legislation, or the gang of 8 senators looking at immigration reform. This doesn’t automatically means I support every Democratic policy position or legislation, but that’s it’s much more clear where that party stands policy-wise if they had the votes to implement them.
    Why did republicans need a plan to replace Obamacare? Republicans have always stood by the fact that health insurance should have been left alone. So to answer your question...republicans simply want it to go back to the way it was. You pay for insurance and get to choose your doctor. Simple as that. If you didnt have money to buy health insurance...sucks for you. But democrats AGAIN...screwed everything up and thought health insurance was a cons utional right...which it isnt. Now that Obamacare is a complete failure..they want republicans to save the day and ask where the plan is. LMAO. Just like democrats wiping away student debt and wanting to give illegals compensation pay for being treated badly at the border. Republicans way of life is stand on your own two feet...democrats way of life is dont worry...someone else will take care of you.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did republicans need a plan to replace Obamacare? Republicans have always stood by the fact that health insurance should have been left alone. So to answer your question...republicans simply want it to go back to the way it was.
    So no Medicare.

What do you think your premiums will be when you're 75?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The current GOP aren't in the WH. Their policy proposals mean jack .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why did republicans need a plan to replace Obamacare? Republicans have always stood by the fact that health insurance should have been left alone. So to answer your question...republicans simply want it to go back to the way it was. You pay for insurance and get to choose your doctor. Simple as that. If you didnt have money to buy health insurance...sucks for you. But democrats AGAIN...screwed everything up and thought health insurance was a cons utional right...which it isnt. Now that Obamacare is a complete failure..they want republicans to save the day and ask where the plan is. LMAO. Just like democrats wiping away student debt and wanting to give illegals compensation pay for being treated badly at the border. Republicans way of life is stand on your own two feet...democrats way of life is dont worry...someone else will take care of you.
    I like to not worry, I'd like for someone else to foot the bill. I know in reality it cannot happen on a grand scale based on simple math. I also know that having someone else foot the bill is like living under their roof, you have to walk the line they draw and that's not my idea of freedom as an adult in this country.

Thread Information